It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science and Higher Education...the New Religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
God became an opinion when science became the foundation of education. Every religion has a God and science has placed man as it's God. No one is aware that science is a religion. When man's knowledge is worshiped and made truth, it became a religion. The most important thing in life should be making it to the next or to God's realm. The reason for everything. Instead it has become about man's knowledge and the ability to control life itself. Man playing God.

A healthy respect for the unknown like God prevailed for thousands of years before science glorified man. A fear of God's judgement towards doing evil deeds stirred in man's heart. God was treated as real whether or not a person chose to serve God. It kept a balance in society and a respect for each other. An accountability to something greater than man. Now we are taught in school that man is God and in control. God is made up by man. Instead of if there was no God there would be no man it is if there was no man there would be no God.

Man is a messed up God and example of how to live your life. Thank science and higher education for that.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Avoiceinthewilderness

Man is a messed up God and example of how to live your life.

Does God provide examples of how we should live our lives?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avoiceinthewilderness
Every religion has a God and science has placed man as it's God.

Science isn't a religion and it has nothing to say about your religion, your God or anything like that. Science is a method we use to discover the facts and truths about reality.

The fact that religions and religious people feel threatened by science speaks volumes about just how strong their 'faith' actually is....

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Man is a messed up God and example of how to live your life. Thank science and higher education for that.

You know what else - the computer and the internet which you are using to preach and broadcast this hypocritical little diatribe with - thank science and higher education for that, too.

How do posts like this keep making it on to ATS? I thought this place was supposed to be about thinking outside the box - not closing the lid, sealing it shut, and hiding inside lest you get "corrupted" by critical thinking or something...

edit on 9-6-2013 by mc_squared because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

edit: mc_squared beat me to it...

So, let's say I follow the religion of science (as you put it), what makes your religion better than mine? Opinions are subjective and not fact. And anyway, since you seem to be implying a values judgement about science, why are you using science to spread your message? It was the work of scientists and mathematicians that made the electronics possible, not meditation and prayer.
edit on 9-6-2013 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Are you the type of person that would rather pray than receive medical treatment?

Bad, bad, science, you have done so much harm discovering the secrets of the universe (something that God can't even reveal in His most revered holy text)!
edit on 6/9/2013 by Nacirema because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Who are you talking about?

Originally posted by Nacirema

Are you the type of person that would rather pray than receive medical treatment?

Bad, bad, science, you have done so much harm discovering the secrets of the universe (something that God can't even reveal in His most revered holy text)!
edit on 6/9/2013 by Nacirema because: (no reason given)

You're so funny. Medical treatment?? Do you mean nuclear bombs?

Science and higher education.. the new religion

Yes, but can it save you, from death??

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I cannot understand how anti-science people try to twist science into some new religion. You can see how the OP's post is trying to stretch science as a new religion with a poor example.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by Prezbo369

You can see how the OP's post is trying to stretch science as a new religion with a poor example.

I do hope you guys can.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Give me some of the water in your avatar. I'm thirsty.

Anyway! OP and others I do not hate you guys. But I would love for you all to listen to the constructive criticism. There is nothing wrong with having faith in God. But we should respect each other.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If man is a sorry excuse for a god, then what does that say about Yahweh or Allah? If anything, belief in a god is what has gotten us into this situation today.

Religions and their gods are what caused so much division in the first place, by telling a certain group of people they are better than others all because god chose to save them and them alone.

If what humans do today define what we are, then what does that say about Yahweh and his orders for the Hebrews to kill and rape whole cities and towns? It seems like religious people set all kinds of double standards when it comes to their gods.

And by the way, science is not religion. Science doesn't claim to have all the answers, it works toward progressing and finding those answers.

Religion claims to have all the answers already all while stagnating mankind and keeping them firmly planted in one spot while ridiculing progress.

There's a huge difference between the two.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Who is capable of providing an example of how we should live our lives? Who?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Who is capable of providing an example of how we should live our lives? Who?

One who understands the concept of love....

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I believe the problem is simple and derives from greed. The financial gurus have risen to the top. Back in the times of Greece the leaders were not the great scientist, nor the great mathematicians, but rather the leaders were the great philosophers.

In the times of Greece it appears that those who were "enlightened" were in control for a time. Plato for example. We have allowed the wrong men to lead us; we need to elect the great philosophers to help us towards peaceful resolution.

What happened? Why did the peace movement of the 60s die, why did we all fall back asleep?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Science is religion..religion is worship ...what you "believe"...ALL is religion however the lines aren't always hard they intersect.The only thing that is The Truth is.....The Truth.No one or "religion" has the corner on that.The fact is if there is a creator God ( and there is) he is completely unprovable not because he doesn't exist but because he doesn't want to be ....that is obvious because he isn't.There is a mountain of evidence though.... however those facts will never prove the existence of God.Neither does faith..

Am I painting a picture of futility ..... yes...it is ALL futile.This is the creators existence ..he is 100% in control of it ALL....every electron in all the atoms don't jump unless he is the cause of it...as the Borg say..resistance is futile.Science has it's purpose.... to ferret out facts..religion-religion has it's purpose..... to give those afflicted with it a cure for it as an inoculation... everything has a purpose whether it is known or not or it wouldn't exist.God is not playing dice with the universe(s).

The bottom line is it is all going perfectly according to plan.There is nothing anyone can do to better understand it or change it ONE iota(The 9th Greek letter that equals 10).It is all speculative and most of it is just foolishness..a very accurate description of the state of mankind.There is no awakening or ascension or heaven somewhere out there(and most certainly not a hell)... Big brother aliens aren't going to save mankind from the Nephalim or TPTB of the NWO...or the evil bankers......blah blah woof woof...all futility. ...yes RELIGION is alive and well EVERYWHERE... nothing is immune from it...and everyone has a raging case of it in some form or another.

The creator does not hold ANYONE to a criteria to be healed..ALL will BE healed..some(very, very, very few) are BEING healed "more"now.It's all part of the infinite process of life that has barely begun...btw...It all turns out well However for now the world is asleep in the valley of the shadow of death completely unaware.None can wake themselves(or should even want to!) they are being operated on!!..go back to "deep" sleep...sweet dreams..
edit on 12-6-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join