It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am not good enough, says everyone else

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Another self-indulgent venting thread for me.

If you don't like it... well... tough. I needs to vent.

Many people have told me over the past week, including my fiance, who is closer to me than anyone, that I can not *handle* a stressful life--one that involves activism.

Protesting Monstanto, attending gun rallies, opening eyes in general.

I'm too naive, sensitive, emotionally involved, etc.

And might I just add--I HATE that term. "Emotionally involved."

I understand a need to keep your emotions in check, and not to let them control you. Yes.

But to be told that emotions should NOT influence you at all... my God, really?

What the hell are emotions for if you shut them off?

If emotions don't influence what you're doing, then what the HELL are you doing?

People tell me I cannot handle the emotional turmoil of being an anti-government activist. They tell me my means are stupid, and drawing attention to one's self is stupid (even though that's the whole point of the whole "opening eyes" agenda).

Its funny, because none of these people have been through what I have.

None of them have watched family members die. None of them were jumped throughout certain eras of their childhood. None of them had their stuff stolen, and were called every name in the book on a regular basis.

None of them had a stepmother that was worse than the devil himself, who was verbally and physically abusive in every way possible, a schizophrenic manic-depressive psychotic monster who liked to beat children with shoes while telling them how worthless they are.

I find it interesting that the people with the least experience often think they are the wisest.

Well guess what?

I'll do whatever I damn well please.

edit on 8-6-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: typo

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Greetings, from my narrow view of you (the numerous self indulgent threads you have authored), I think your fiancé is right, if you could handle it, you wouldn't need to tell everyone about how hard your life is all the time.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Don't worry about what others think...

Do what you think is right... And let them think whatever they want

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Good luck
edit on 8-6-2013 by Thisbseth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

Greetings, from my narrow view of you (the numerous self indulgent threads you have authored), I think your fiancé is right, if you could handle it, you wouldn't need to tell everyone about how hard your life is all the time.

Ouch...

You know, the reason I vent is because so much is wrong with the world, and it frustrates me.

Not because I'm having any kind of psychotic episode.

With your logic, expressing ones self makes you weak and sensitive. Are you suggesting its healthier to bottle it up and accept everything that's wrong?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Thanks, guys. I intend to.

I hate when people are just... AUGH.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Being Emotionally Involved is Indicative of an Addictive Personality.

So before you let anyone paint that picture for you make sure that they know Over 90% of the planet has an Addictive Personality and that it is Not Just You.

Are you in your 20's?

You sound like a young one. No offense so don't take it that way. Just inexperience.

As you get older, hopefully, you will see that you need to take things in stride and not take anything personally.

You will stay Mentally Healthy and Live Longer.

Don't be so uptight. Get a hobby. Reading the news does not count, I would likely call that Counter Productive, I mean get a hobby like stamp collecting or something. You need to modify your input. Something that does Not involve The Rape of your Personal Rights, the Robery of your wallet regarding the high cost if living and Taxes, the Murder of the American Dream, OR the End of the World.

If you don't workout maybe you should. It is a Great way to relieve stress.

As far as your Past Life goes, .. .. You should really put that in the past. That is why they call it the Past, because, there is Nothing you can do about it. It might hurt, and it might make you angry, but keep in mind, that is what makes you who you are. Everyone on the planet has had More than 1 Bad experience in their life. So Everyone can relate to you.

I hope you can find something helpful in there that you might be able to use.

If not that's fine because I already know you will do "As You Damn Will Please."

I am just trying to help with the stress issue it sounds like you are having..

edit on 9-6-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Do not let the world frustrate you too much. Venting on ATS is like having a bloody toe and dangling your foot it in shark infested waters.
It can be brutal but i enjoy it all the same.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Well my friend, I guess I should have known you were going to misinterpret what I said.

Lets put another way...

If your fiancé thinks it, and he knows you best.

What does that tell you?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Pink
Perfect!
Nuf said.
edit on 9-6-2013 by Magister because: addition

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Emotional Intelligence

Your fiancé is either several years older than you or has a greater understanding of emotional intelligence. Women tend to be a little over reactive, in my opinion. It gets a little annoying. Most men don't do drama.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
NightAngelus.. have you ever seen a blacksmith at work?

this is what is happening to you now..

..you're being forged into a tool or a weapon

does that piece of metal enjoy being hammered and beaten?

..it makes it STRONG

and when you're STRONG in front of the people who are currently calling you WEAK, they'll change their tune.. and maybe listen to what you're saying..

but if it's beating you down and stressing you out.. that's like a hundred overweight people watching their trainer have a nervous breakdown.. know what i mean?

keep studying and gathering info. it's a journey that never ends.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Everyone;

Don't be so uptight. Get a hobby. Reading the news does not count, I would likely call that Counter Productive, I mean get a hobby like stamp collecting or something. You need to modify your input. Something that does Not involve The Rape of your Personal Rights, the Robery of your wallet regarding the high cost if living and Taxes, the Murder of the American Dream, OR the End of the World.

I'm 19. Yeah, a young one.

I love to draw and write. That's my hobby. But I feel obliged to do more. I think its selfish of me to draw and write when more important things in the world need to be done. I can't shake it from my mind. Ever.

Do not let the world frustrate you too much. Venting on ATS is like having a bloody toe and dangling your foot it in shark infested waters. It can be brutal but i enjoy it all the same.

I'm thinking I shouldn't have made this thread. I did it on impulse.

While I enjoy getting feedback on ATS, you rarely hear what you want to hear here.

If your fiancé thinks it, and he knows you best.

He can't comprehend what I feel, because he doesn't care about anyone outside of his little circle. I do not feel or think that way. I care about humanity on a whole.

He doesn't.

So, he doesn't understand.

Your fiancé is either several years older than you or has a greater understanding of emotional intelligence. Women tend to be a little over reactive, in my opinion. It gets a little annoying. Most men don't do drama.

No, we're the same age. And... wow.

So GMOs, poisoned water, and child-killing vaccines don't call for a big reaction?

Sorry if that's annoying.

keep studying and gathering info. it's a journey that never ends.

Most definitely, thank you friend.

Ugh... I shouldn't have posted this thread. It helped as a vent, but its gonna spawn nothing but drama. I should ask a mod to delete it.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
speak your mind thats why the good lord gave you a mouth ??
stuff everyone else

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Girl, i am not trying to take away from your post, i just want to say i can sympathize with you on a lot of your points, not only am i an 'Anti-Government Anarchist, but a Gay Anti-Government Anarchist' not only am i gay, but i'm a drag queen too, which is not as well accepted by some within the Gay community

also my Parents, who were really my aunt and uncle, is such a long and tragic story i don't really like talking about it a lot, unless someone truly desires to know, abuse doesn't even describe it accurately

and i'm in my early twenties,

again Girl, i am not trying to take over your post, or disregard your emotions which are important, if you want to discuss anything or just chat about, be at ease to contact me

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

While I enjoy getting feedback on ATS, you rarely hear what you want to hear here.

And there it is, you wrote this thread to vent about being told what you didn't want to hear and now you want it shut because you're hearing what you don't want to hear.

I'm really not meaning this to be rude, but you clearly have some growing up to do still.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Many people have told me over the past week, including my fiance, who is closer to me than anyone, that I can not *handle* a stressful life--one that involves activism.

Protesting Monstanto, attending gun rallies, opening eyes in general.

I'm too naive, sensitive, emotionally involved, etc.
By activism you mean rallies, right? Passive non aggressive kind where everyone is asked to keep their emotions in check? Maybe they are afraid you will cause a disturbance that could lead to the police becoming heavy handed?

Matin Luther King warned people attending protests to stay away if they couldn't control themselves. Passive, non aggressive. So did Ghandi.

Just my take.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

You're 19. 3 years ago you were 16.

Why are you getting married, you're still a baby

And you've got a long, long, long way to go yet, no need to wear yourself out so fast.

Believe it or not, what you think you know is everything now, will one day seem so simple and what you know then will make what you know now seems so unimportant.

You have to get there first.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

With your logic, expressing ones self makes you weak and sensitive.

It's not that you divulge every single thought in your head, it's how you go about it. Others reveal a little bit about themselves while having conversations with others. We use our experiences in a helpful way, to inform others, like how one should be careful about taking a certain medication, or asking others how to overcome depression.

Again, there's NOTHING wrong with talking about yourself, but the way you do it is by creating threads that could be titled, "It's all about ME ME ME."

It's only a suggestion, but try not to make the subject all about you. It's funny how by just rearranging a few words you could have written the same thing while turning the focus away from you and making it inspirational for others. The focus could have been telling your readers to ignore the pessimists in their lives. That this is our one life and when opportunities arise you have to go for it no matter what anybody says.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Ugh... I shouldn't have posted this thread. It helped as a vent, but its gonna spawn nothing but drama. I should ask a mod to delete it.

Consider this a very teeny-tiny piece of adversity to get you started. You will face HUGE obstacles in your worthy endeavors. If you want to help the world you will not simply breeze through a problem and have it magically fixed. Thicken that skin. Tighten your resolve.

Don't ever quit because you don't like what people are telling you. Listen to what they're saying and weed out the good advice from the bad. Otherwise you'll end up running back to mama with your confidence shattered.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join