It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Press Blames George W. Bush for Obama's Unprecedented Eavesdropping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Who didn't see this one coming? Oh goodness.... I'm surprised it took this long, personally.

US Press Blames George W. Bush for Obama's Unprecedented Eavesdropping
(Yes, I know exactly who the source of that headline is...I don't like him either...but this transcends any one person reporting the story. By far)

A look at the headline set it came from is telling, from Drudge:

(Source: Drudge)

That's just one block area of a whole page of headlines, from outlets all over the world, covering roughly the same general topics or related ones. This whole thing kicked over a hornets nest and it's full swarm time.

In fairness, I also want to note here ..because it matters to be historically accurate. Bush *DID* open the doors and set the foundation with which Obama built the house upon. Without Bush and the Patriot act (among other abuses), the rest could not have followed and would not be our reality today.

Having said that for fair acknowledgement of who did what, IMO, I also have to note this. Obama ran as the President of change to bring light to the darkness Bush had cast us into, by many descriptions. He ran as the man of transparency and honest brokering of Government. When he said change, I wasn't one to believe him.

What I sure didn't expect was to see change mean going MUCH MUCH further than Bush dared attempt. After all, he had half a nation looking for reasons to hang him after the 2000 election debacle and impeachment would have made some people's day, twice over. So he had SOME limits that penned him in. No such thing seems to have been a factor of thinking since the change of power.

Absolute power has been taken, with great liberties assumed. Absolute power, absolutely corrupts and this President is no Superman to be the sole exception to a rule that has destroyed far better men than he. It kills me to see what the last 2 presidents, in particular, have done to this nation because it will take generations to fix. Assuming it ever can be within our lifetimes.

However, blaming one over the other and especially one 5 years in the past vs. the one still making decisions every single day, which impact each our lives? Well, thats a red herring the size of Moby Dick.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It was Bush's program initially. To monitor calls originating from the US to remote areas of Afghanistan.

Obama took the program and MASSIVELY expanded it to just monitor everyone's calls.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It's just more evidence that the President is not really running the country. The military-industrial complex along with the alphabet agencies are running the country.

We should've seen some sort of a noticeable change between a republican president and a democratic president, but we didn't. All we got was a furtherance of Bush/Cheney policies with a different president from a different party. That means no matter who is president, there are other more powerful people behind the scenes actually pulling the strings, making any president a public PR figure only.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Of course they blame George.

Their God-Hero could never, ever be at fault you know.

link   
This definitely wasn't started under Obama's administration but they sure did continue it.

Funny how if it's your guy in charge (not specifically you, OP), bad things are the previous guy's fault and good things are to his credit while if it's the other guy in charge, bad things are directly his fault and good things are attributed to the previous administration.

Additionally funny is how an action taken by a president is often determined good or bad based on if it's done by your "team". A (R) could do the exact same thing as a (D) but the reaction of someone to that thing will be based on which "team" they support.

All the partisanship is really not helping at all. But we all already know that. We just do nothing to stop it.

Personally, I really dislike both "sides" but that's just me.

link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Has any president ever really told the truth during there campaign mode ? Has any politician for matter?

The problem here is Obama has given the American people a lesson on how it is done properly while blaming everyone but the guy in charge............him.

He does it most every day now and gets away with it with the full backing of the MSM and the people that surround him...............when something works, why change it.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

We should've seen some sort of a noticeable change between a republican president and a democratic president, but we didn't.

Because the Bush's aren't Conservatives. They are big-government statists, which Obama is as well.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Yeah 'all Bush's fault' just don't watch this video.

Obama in 2007: If You Elect Me, No More Spying on Citizens Not Accused of Crimes

politix.topix.com...

Never fails the go to 'argument' of how the current administration is never responsible for anything it ever does, and the kicker?

It's bigger now than ever before, and it needs 'more power'.

Even bigger kicker?

This:

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Reject those voices that speak truth to power.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That last part you link makes me wonder...given the timing...was he privately suspecting the storm about to hit and doing a little preemptive work in advance of the hail falling? It seemed a weird thing for him to say at the time but now? It fits context perfectly, with a little short term hindsight.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by neo96

That last part you link makes me wonder...given the timing...was he privately suspecting the storm about to hit and doing a little preemptive work in advance of the hail falling? It seemed a weird thing for him to say at the time but now? It fits context perfectly, with a little short term hindsight.

He knew everything before going in to the last election what the press is talking about today is only small portion of the corruption of the current admin.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

A great portion of a politicians career is managing damage control; cause vs effect, crisis vs response.

In my mind, I imagine most politicians that get to some high level of office have many contingency plans for a lot of eventualities, just like we are seeing.

I find it very cliche to say: "Its the the best interest of the citizens" or "Its for your protection" or "we cannot be accountable for initiatives undertaken by the previous administration". All forms of passing the buck.

In any case, like others have suggested, I am sure this has all been going on already for a very long time and current technological means and over complicated bureaucratic and far reaching structures have let this info slip.

I truly do not know if Obama is promoting or merely perpetuating these issues, but he certainly is not doing anything to stop them, but hey, as Obama has stated, "We are not listening to your phone calls"...

edit on 7-6-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I filed a complaint with the California Public Utilites Commisson back in 2006(?)(I posted the original complaint here on ATS, if anyone wants to track the actual date) regarding the, possible, unauthorized, unwarranted release if my cell phone information to the federal government by my, then provider. T-Mobile.

Following a year without any response whatsoever, I "updated" the complaint with the CPUC (also reported here in ATS); to date, I haven't heard anything.

We, as a nation demanded Protection and Security from our government, at all levels, and, for the most part, without concern for the consequences our demands would likely impose, following the 9/11 attacks.

Well, we seem to be getting what we demanded.

Now, we have to tell our leaders "Enough! We don't care if our lives are going to be "riskier", if some if us might even be injured or killed, our freedom, and our guarantee of privacy, is far more valuable than our "security".

Trying to get any of our elected officials to take a stand for privacy by standing against the safety and security of the Nation is not likely to fly.

In fact, wouldn't that be considered an "Impeachable, (if not outright treasonable) offense?

Seems it all is a game, and we keep letting ourselves get Played.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I am impress that it took this long for the US Press morons to realized what the anti Patriot act and Bush administration policies of government powers could give the following administration after him

We told you so here in ATS during the Bush era.

Really? now they just figured out?

Is ATS smater than the common none ATS members in the net?

I am starting to believe that yes we are.

top topics

join