It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elk abducted in front of 14 witnesses - Daylight sighting, 1999

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Wow, interesting.....so only 3 people out of 14 actually saw something?

Not sure where you got this information but to my understanding it is completely false. Where do you see that only 3 people saw the event?

The three workers at first thought the object was some kind of parachute that was drifting and descending, but they quickly realized that their initial impression was not correct. Hence, they shouted to their eleven co-workers nearby, who were working on the north-facing hillside, and all fourteen members of the work crew watched the object for an estimated 3-5 minutes.

peter davenport

As for the flight UFO being so shaky, I would argue that low flying maneuvers and oscillatory motion does not necessarily mean the object is out of control - especially when we have no idea what kind of technology we are talking about.
edit on 7-6-2013 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Yes, it says, 3 people were Interviewed.....who could barely speak english.
ufoevidence.org...

Read this more detailed account please, MANY of the 14 Did Not see Anything flying, as they were apparently looking at the elk running, and ridiculed the 3 "Witnesses" during the lunch break.

Yes of course I want to believe it too....picture or it.....blah blah.....

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gort51

yes, it says, 3 people were Interviewed

this does not mean only 3 people saw the UFO, as you had claimed earlier. I concede however, that some of the 14 witnesses did not see any object flying.

who could barely speak english.

this makes you doubt their sincerity? Or does this make them poor witnesses?

MANY of the 14 Did Not see Anything flying, as they were apparently looking at the elk running

I think you are exaggerating a little to help your argument (i am guilty of this all the time lol). The article says that several of the witnesses did not see any object.

and ridiculed the 3 "Witnesses" during the lunch break.

Again, this is exaggeration. The article explains how those who did not see the craft "expressed doubt" that something extraordinary had occurred:

several of the workers that had not sighted the craft expressed doubt that anything extraordinary had happened.

and the article continues:

Even those that doubted the story knew something had happened and were not comfortable working far from the rest (of the group).

I acknowledge your argument and opinion, gort, you have made some exceptional points. In this particular scenario however, I still believe this to be a truly unidentified flying object, instead of a helicopter.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Interesting case but not much in the way of evidence. Lots of doubt and not enough to go on.

This could have simply been some shady government agency's operation to tag/test animals. I'm sure they don't just take guesses as to how viruses spread in the wild or if they can/will jump to humans. Every once in a while they test it out in the open. I'm sure they do real ässhole things like that and have been doing so for some time. Aliens? I doubt very much. Interesting read, though.
edit on 7-6-2013 by WilliamOckham because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

And why would UFOs want elk?

why do we want various bacteria or tissue samples from various animal species we observe ?

Same reason for them. If they are explorers, makes sense to take samples.

We go out and abduct animals to keep them in Zoo's too...maybe the aliens also have Zoo's

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
This story could be true at least in certain details....

Having personally summited Mt. St. Helens around this time last year with fellow ATS users Scramjet76 and kranefist, I can tell you the coolest wildlife we saw on that trip was a HUGE elk walking across the road in front of us as we were driving up to the mountain. There are definitely elk up there.

Didn't see any aliens, but the antigravity woulda come in handy. And if you want elk and one of a kind views of a blown out volcano, then St Helens would be a good choice, can't blame aliens for checking it out.

Should I post pics? I might have some around here....no elk or aliens though...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It's a shame that 20,000 years into our future that the survival of our species will be dependent on a long extinct elk that we'll have to travel back to 1978 to abduct and bring back to our future to save what's left of our humanity.

A damned shame, I say.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I always wondered if this was a horse abduction attempt:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I know it sounds very far fetched...

An aircraft travelling at more than 4 times the speed of sound was far fetched only 50 or so years ago..or espousing the goings on in the Quantum world 50 or 60 years ago would have probably caused those people saying it to be ostracised and driven out of physics, yet as we gain more technologicaly, we realise that there isn't much that is actually far fetched at all except possibly our notion that things are.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Cheating on cows with some wild elk??? Shame on them!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I should join the elk's club....Maybe then I could get a ride on a flying saucer.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This has been mentioned, but I think it's important to again point out that it is only alleged that there were 14 witnesses. 14 people have not come forward -- only three did. It's these three that say there were 14 witnesses.
edit on 6/7/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If there were 14 witnesses why did no one call the authorities and issue an "Antler Alert"?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Redneck deer hunters from the future , they forgot to mention the silver trucknuts that were hanging from the craft. I know this for a fact, I was one of the witnesses

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Ok, “they” come in, snag a half ton struggling elk, which is no small feat even for a antigravity craft with a tractor beam and a crew of, um, errr, guys (….?) half the size of any one of us, lift it high enough in the air so it passes out from lack of oxygen which makes it easier to handle. Hence my reason for putting my ticket for The Rapture up on eBay! Fearless leader Gort says “Elk, it’s what’s for supper”!

I’ve always wondered how high Jesus got before they had to throw him an air line!

I do like to hear about these UFO stories and am really ticked that I don't see any around our neck of the woods here in West Texas, no matter how much beer we consume. But we do seem to have a lot of fully mature (the ones that have turned all black) Black Buck antelope disappear shortly after they reach their full color range. Tons of young ones on the ranch but no fully mature adults. They're small, though, not enough for a banquet or crew's mess.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
This has been mentioned, but I think it's important to again point out that it is only alleged that there were 14 witnesses. 14 people have not come forward -- only three did. It's these three that say there were 14 witnesses.

You are completely correct. Gort 51 did a great job pointing this out. Unfortunately I can no longer change the title of the thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
they took our elks!!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by ThinkingCap

It saw the American and the Elk and decided to take the more intelligent of the two.

relax it was a joke.
edit on 6-6-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

If I had to guess, id wager they see the human and the elk as roughly equal in intelligence. That is to say, unintelligent. This planet is likely nothing more than a zoo or nature preserve for them. Maybe a biological dna bank of sorts. They're not stopping by to "say hello", just picking up supplies.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

You are completely correct. Gort 51 did a great job pointing this out. Unfortunately I can no longer change the title of the thread.

Yeah, but remember (assuming the sighting was genuine), the other 11 were probably too freaked out to say anything, I mean seriously, having seen it, would you?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join