It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Friend (Late teens/Early Twenties) Comes Back After Six Months 7 Inches Taller...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The scenario:

You haven't seen your friend (who is in his very late teens/early twenties) for a few months - he said he was going abroad for some time. At that time, he was around 5'5.

You meet up some six months later and your friend's much taller - he looks largely the same in facial features so you recognize him; but he now stands at about 6 foot tall.

What goes through your mind? What are you thinking?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens

"must be another space time distortion"

just kidding, there are medical options to achieve this. Or he had a late grow burst

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Timeline slip!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Growth spurt?
One summer, my now 6'3" son grew 5" in height and 3 shoe sizes...within about 3 months.
Kids are getting taller, maturing earlier....consider hormones in meat (food) and in our water supply.

When I was a teenage girl (5'11") I was taller than most of the people around me. These days I'm craning my neck to look up at my kids and their friends, lol.

Unless your friend has some strange stories to tell (in regards to the changes)....that's what I would chalk it up to!
jacygirl

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Maybe he is wearing platform soles or the inside of his shoes have been built up so that he appears taller...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Maybe you shrunk?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Men grow till their early 20's. But most end around 17-18.

I'm sure i grew about 3-4 inch in height from 17 to 22.

Other than obviously change in height, my drivers license is another proof.
edit on 6/5/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
The scenario:

You haven't seen your friend (who is in his very late teens/early twenties) for a few months - he said he was going abroad for some time. At that time, he was around 5'5.

You meet up some six months later and your friend's much taller - he looks largely the same in facial features so you recognize him; but he now stands at about 6 foot tall.

late bloomer

steroids are a possibility as well

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
A growth spurt. Some people do have growths spurts like this. They don't grow forever and then grow all at once. I can't imagine the growing pains.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
A growth spurt. Some people do have growths spurts like this. They don't grow forever and then grow all at once. I can't imagine the growing pains.

Yes, I've heard of some certain basketballers (even Kevin Costner at one point!) having massive growth spurts within a year, some even when they're 19 or 20!

top topics

join