It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thread idea up for grabs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hi guys

I was thinking at work today as I danced to the dulcet tones of The Manic street preachers.

You'll understand why after my next thread.

I love a game of chess occasionally

How much fun would it be to have a thread where one member makes a move and the next member counters it. Pretty much ad infinitum, as one game finishes the next one starts, we could switch sides according the colour playing at the time of log in and just challenge ourselves in a friendly game that we could join in occasionally or attempt to play against the whole of ATS.

Unfortunately I'm a computer idiot and would have no idea if it is even possible, but one of you savvy members wants a go at it I'd love to play.

It would be easy to put up a link and say play here, but that isn't the point the point is we can play as we reply and discuss topics.

I'm not even sure if it's feasible but thought it might be a fun challenge for a less computer challenged member to take on.

Cody

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

It could work.
I think the biggest problem would be members attempting to take the same turn. Easily fixed by going with the earliest post, but depending on the amount of participants, it could become difficult to figure out what move they are on.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Yeah that's what I was thinking, go to make a move and find out it's suddenly completely inappropriate.
Frustrating but fun

Cody

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I asked the board and business forum what people think about adding a few basic games likes chess to ATS. None of the mods or admins answered. It seems it will be unlikely to happen.

Personally, I would just rather have a chess thread where people can exchange usernames to play on yahoo chess or pogo or something like that

edit on 3-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join