It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A series of smudges.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
Me and the crayons...

Oh - I love them!
Can I have them?
Wow - I don't even know what it is about them - they just seem to resonate with something in me.
Thank you!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I bet you feel like a spectator when you're watching one of these being created in front of you. I remember spending many evenings drawing with my dad, who was a superb artist. Although my art was pretty so-so, he showed me what the experience of "being in the zone" and completely absorbed in the experience of creation was all about.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dmcclelland

To some extent, you certainly need to be absorbed in what you're doing, but with the landscapes even though i wouldn't have any pre-conceived ideas of how they'd look you need to retain focus on establishing the sensual flow between areas and balance of tonality and texture, a case then of concentrating on the methodology and letting the greater picture take care of itself.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Brilliant!

The Rainbow Connection?

Nice choice in the Cocteau Twins too! So happy to see more artwork!
edit on 5-6-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

How you think about your art - hiding it under your bed - can be a good thing. But it can also be a VERY good thing to share your art. I'm glad I got to see some of it, and I think (I'm no art critic) that (using my big words) is very "balanced" and "cohesive". Each piece you have shown... looks good.

It might be time to put together a variety of your work and visit some galleries... I am way out of my area of expertise... Here is a link to a Wiki that might be of use: WikiHow - Showing your artwork

Best of luck.
-Clay

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I would love to have a wall mural of this...It sings to me...the colors...simply beautiful...all your art is just brilliant!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
VERY nice use of colors! Those intense landscapes are wonderful to look at, thanks for sharing them!

Your sketching style is awesome too! You really got skill and it looks like you are professionally trained. I am a self trained caveman artist who finally found his niche, but sometimes still wish my work had that quality.

Your work is very impressive and inspiring, so much so I think I will go paint

Keep up the amazing work!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hello Kantzveldt,

I came to this thread through your recent Vampyr post, in which you included a pen and ink drawing...

Wow!!!!!!!

I am especially inspired by your landscapes - gorgeous depth - truly the "spirit of the land" as you say. The layering effect you describe is fascinating - the images come alive to where I wish I could step into them.

(I also am drawn to 'the blue lady' portrait - I don't know what you have named her.)

Remarkable, magical work. Thank you so much for sharing it! Very enriching.

peace to you,
AB

ps - Cocteau Twins "Treasure" is on my all-time favorite album list...I think I'll pull it out today...
edit on 5-9-2013 by AboveBoard because: spacing

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

i am curious if you have a gallery with pieces for sale.

My office....moved in 9 months ago. Walls are still bare. Still yellow, too (i haven't repainted yet....been too busy). That needs to change.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

Thanks glad you liked, i enjoyed doing those landscapes but it makes your fingers very dirty and sore lol

I did sort of similar in watercolour but those are A1 size so i can scan them, i did a few little A5 colour schemes though.

Often i;m the crazy sort that likes to seperate the verticals from the horizontals, so i only do one or the other, with slight tendencies toward the opposite giving the sensuous curve...

There's always that little internal narrative with regards to what i actually think i'm doing.

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

No but abeverage keeps telling me i should have but i'm very lazy lol

These are just sketch book workings for the most part small enough to scan, and the vast majority of even these i give away or bin, maybe i will create some prints or something.

edit on 5-9-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
reply to post by AboveBoard

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

No but abeverage keeps telling me i should have but i'm very lazy lol

These are just sketch book workings for the most part small enough to scan, and the vast majority of even these i give away or bin, maybe i will create some prints or something.

edit on 5-9-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

And I plan to keep telling you that! These two are my favorites

The first reminds me of the Underworld with a little princess in a Kimono like robe...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

These are my favorite paintings ive ever seen in my life...Absolutely amazing... And I saw in one of your posts you say you 'bin' some of your work

Please...dont do that...pretty please
edit on 7-9-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I like your use of color. The first coloring you posted. Would you be ok with me using that as a reference for a digital portrait painting.
edit on 13-9-2013 by SexNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Do you happen to have a website or private online collection where you post all your works? And do you still find regular time to paint?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

No i don't have anything like that, i have the time to do more but not really the inclination, but maybe i'll find it again, it's just that when i do i tend to become obsessive lol

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Oh, well as long as you keep your work safe displaying it online is not a problem
And if you dont feel like making more that is also your own business and couldnt call it a problem, though you become obsessive about your work potentially as it may become a negativity in your life may be a problem, but im also willing to bet that obsessive nature of yours is a part of you that allows you to do the amazing works you do. All I can say is I am truly touched and inspired by your creations, and I am completely honest when I say they are my favorite and most beautiful pieces of art ive ever seen. I am not good at painting or drawing in any way though have always been interested in more abstract and aesthetics then realism and portraits and realistic landscapes, and your paintings have surpassed my imagination as to what I thought was possible to exist, and I guess that is what a good, or great artist accomplishes.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

With regards to what it is possible to convey with art, i'll add a little story here as it also concerns my obsessive nature lol.

After i'd painted this picture i spent more time figuring out underlying geometric aspects than i had spent painting it, none of it was particularly intentional on my part, i just compose according to instinct albeit with certain principles in mind, and awareness of basic patterns and directional indicators.

But the result i came up with from later anlaysis was this;

And then i had to spend time figuring out what that would mean in symbolic numeric and proportional terms;

So the ratios involved then in the composition could be said to relate to relationship between the orbital periodics of the planets of the inner solar system, or the proportions of the Ark of the Covenant, so it's a general belief of mine that we barely ever know the half of what we're up too...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Much to my husband's horror... Im a buyer of things that tickle my fancy. Example? I dropped coin I shouldnt have just recently at the "strange folks festival" locally on a steam punk version of Tesla... and art made by a schizophrenic man to fund his meds. I think the guys pic is my favorite.. a series of moons with faces and things hidden in the faces and galactic gasses.
Im certainly nowhere near an art connoisseur, but I like what I like.. what catches the eye. YOUR stuff catches the eye.. and the mind.

Yours..
I see a few that tickle my fancy. Some are pretty tame and common, but a few... really amazing. You should open an online gallery and not only sell your originals, but prints. Most folks will pay good for prints and mega for originals. .

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Advantage
Much to my husband's horror... Im a buyer of things that tickle my fancy. Example? I dropped coin I shouldnt have just recently at the "strange folks festival" locally on a steam punk version of Tesla... and art made by a schizophrenic man to fund his meds. I think the guys pic is my favorite.. a series of moons with faces and things hidden in the faces and galactic gasses.
Im certainly nowhere near an art connoisseur, but I like what I like.. what catches the eye. YOUR stuff catches the eye.. and the mind.

Yours..
I see a few that tickle my fancy. Some are pretty tame and common, but a few... really amazing. You should open an online gallery and not only sell your originals, but prints. Most folks will pay good for prints and mega for originals. .

Hmmm even more support for a Kantzveldt Gallery...I concur!

edit on 9-10-2013 by abeverage because: of emphasis on the artastics

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Kantzveldt
reply to post by natalia

Thanks, i'll maybe scan some of my A3 stuff because the kind comments surprise me.

You shouldn't be surprised. Your talent is obvious in any medium you choose. I'm rather partial to these myself - very eloquently rendered. I'm continually blown away by your posts on ancient civilizations, now I see you're a Renaissance man of many talents!
Your work has a great deal of sophistication and shows the results of many long hours of mastering techniques. Above all I suppose might be the way you work with color - something few can do with pleasing results without turning garish.
You have a superb use of color and much of what makes it so good is it's understatement. You have a very painterly touch, a great eye for composition and an ability to evoke mood and emotion in your work.
I'd call that success. Excellent artwork Kantzveldt!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join