It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Puts Sanctions on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Seems the USA is trying to add additional pressures to Iran in the bid to gain control in the middle east region. Is this the best way?
I believe they Iran is pretty strong but maybe, they are aware of whats being imposed and are not willing to fight. But to just stand strong.

www.presstv.ir...

The US Treasury Department issued a statement on Friday, announcing sanctions against eight Iranian petrochemical companies.

The Treasury Department blacklisted Bou Ali Sina, Mobin, Nouri, Pars, Shahid Tondgouyan, Shazand, Tabriz and Imam petrochemical companies.

The US also imposed separate sanctions on Niksima Food and Beverage JLT, a frozen yogurt company based in the United Arab Emirates, saying the company has been engaged in a transaction for the purchase of petrochemical products from Iran.

At the beginning of 2012, the US and the European Union imposed new sanctions on Iran’s oil and financial sectors with the goal of preventing other countries from purchasing Iranian oil and conducting transactions with the Central Bank of Iran.

The illegal US-engineered sanctions were imposed based on the unfounded accusation that Iran is pursuing non-civilian objectives in its nuclear energy program.

Iran rejects the allegations, arguing that as a committed signatory to the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) and a member of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), it has the right to use nuclear technology for peaceful purposes.

In addition, the IAEA has conducted numerous inspections of Iran's nuclear facilities but has never found any evidence showing that Iran's civilian nuclear program has been diverted to nuclear weapons production.

edit on 1-6-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

I have many doubts regarding the true intentions behind these sanctions...If they are to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons,then there is no evidence of Iran pursuing that goal.(CIA,Mossad,UN,etc's reports)...Besides the fact that the production and use of weapons of mass destruction is Haram (forbidden) in Islam,and Iranian officials have said many times that they only need the technology for peaceful purposes...Considering the peaceful record that Iran has for as long as at least a century it is very unlikely of them to just change over night and start ravaging all of a sudden.....So there is a real reason for all these sanctions and hostilities against Iran during the last few decades,which I am sure most people are aware of.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by shapur

I second that. But what else can they do.

new topics

join