It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infiltration of Fanaticism.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I want to share two videos here. The first is from Luton in London and shows a young lady returning to Luton and her experience at a Muslim fanaticism. In some ways the video is disturbing. It highlights the clash of culture. Many people have commented saying that these people should be kicked out of the country..

The second is an interview with Margie Phelps from the Westboro Baptist Church and her intention to protest at the funerals of the victims of the Sandy Hook Massacre. It is equally as disturbing as the first.

What is creating such extremism today. Why do we seem to have such bipolar opinions and cultures in the world. To me is seems more extreme than it use to be and if that is the case what is the reason behind it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Birds of a feather flock together I guess. I can't understand how these people got that way. Their actions do not seem like they would be sanctioned by the god I know.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I just kinda wonder if one type of extremism creates the other. Like an equal and opposite force..

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by rickymouse

I just kinda wonder if one type of extremism creates the other. Like an equal and opposite force..

Well - I guess its possible.

But WBC has between 40-70 members total. Most members are relatives of or employees of the head WBC nut (Phleps).

An interesting question would (that I admit I don't know they answer too)... There are those that hold extreme beliefs in both Islam and Christianity. What % of the total number of believers do they make up? Is it a tiny number, a medium sized number or a huge number?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It's things like these videos that assure me that in a pre/post-apocalypse, I would not hesitate to end the life of the first person who spat some religious bull in hear shot of me.

It's dangerous, government should ban it!

In a real world scenario I doubt that these views are even 5% of the religious populace. They believe crazy stories, and rave about truths based on blind faith, but they are human no smarter no dumber, and I'm sure no less sadistic or cruel,and no less loving or excepting than non-religious people.

Times are hard right now people are tired, and I believe are looking for a fight look around there is no shortage of things to be angry about. Society is at a breaking point it's just a matter of time.

Who will it be religious fanatics, political fanatics, freedom fighters, or men who just like to watch things burn?

My point is fanatics are every where you look not just religion, and it's all these things together that will bring mankind to it's knees.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I think it's related to low self esteem and a need to be the center of attention or make it about themselves.

The world moves so fast and life is so easy for many that their insecurities play out this way. I think often they don't even know much about their cause or what they are being fanatical about.

I've seen this with a few people I've known throughout my life and even participated in the early 1970's. Most of us outgrew our hormone driven activities and need to establish our own identities in our early twenties; some however seemed to never develop critical thinking skills. That's where I think the other issues that cause radical behavior come into play.

What drives people to act foolish, ignore reality and even go to violent extremes for causes often based on nothing more than lies they tell themselves, is probably unique to each person. In the end though it's about saying look at me!

I doubt it's any more prevalent now than in the past. With our instantly available News sources and information overload, we just perceive it's worse now.

If it is on the rise and I don't see it being any worse now than in the 1960's, it most certainly has something to do with how easy life has become.

That church that protests at funerals though and some others
I think it's more sinister. A charismatic person using fragile, mentally ill people for whatever their reasons are.

top topics

join