It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Launches Investigation Of AG Eric Holder For Lying Under Oath

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This just announced:

Aides for the House Judiciary Committee say members have launched an investigation into whether Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. lied under oath during congressional testimony on May 15.

The lawmakers are looking at one statement in particular, The Hill reported. While trading remarks with Rep. Henry C. “Hank” Johnson Jr., Georgia Democrat, Mr. Holder said, “In regard to potential prosecution of the press for the disclosure of material — this is not something I’ve ever been involved in, heard of, or would think would be wise policy,” The Hill said.

NBC reported a week ago that Mr. Holder personally signed off on a search warrant that named Fox News reporter James Rosen and accused him of conspiring in an information leaks case of critical national security.

Now congressional members are trying to decide whether Mr. Holder was telling the truth when he claimed he wasn’t involved with any targeting of the press related to any information leaks case — or if NBC inaccurately reported the story, The Hill said.

Mr. Holder testified before Congress before the media reports about the Justice Department’s targeting of Mr. Rosen. Few other details about the House panel investigation were reported in The Hill.

Source

MORE:
The Hill.com
HotAir.com

Is THIS finally the beginning of the end of Attorney General Eric Holder?
It certainly seems clear that the man lied!
edit on 28-5-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2013 by IAMTAT because: link added

edit on 5/28/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Please use EX tags, not quote for external content. Fixed links.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

If Prayer will help bring this lying POS down...I'm praying.

Des

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

It's time for him to go...PAST time, in fact.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Wow I was beginning to worry that we wouldn't get the manufactured republican outrage scandal of the week. I guess I didn't account for the holiday. Of course the wing nuts need something to do between their monthly repeal Obamacare votes, lol. Be sure to take your blood pressure medication girls and boys beore you get yourselves worked up into a lather. You want to be sure your in peak form for next weeks manufactured outrage.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I would think that judge shopping would be the smoking gun that would indict Holder for perjury. The first two judges that Holder approached would not sign off on the warrant, a third did. Explaining that away could be problematic.

The new documents show that two judges separately declared that the Justice Department was required to notify Rosen of the search warrant, even if the notification came after a delay. Otherwise:

www.breitbart.com...

+8 more 
posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by soundguy
Wow I was beginning to worry that we wouldn't get the manufactured republican outrage scandal of the week. I guess I didn't account for the holiday. Of course the wing nuts need something to do between their monthly repeal Obamacare votes, lol. Be sure to take your blood pressure medication girls and boys beore you get yourselves worked up into a lather. You want to be sure your in peak form for next weeks manufactured outrage.

Glad to oblige you.
Although the only thing manufactured about this scandal is not republican outrage, but the AG's serial lies.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm still confused at the AG's comments and defense of activities involving surveillance of reporters with the intent of prosecution, or at least treating them with procedures that would imply future prosecution for "leaks". A leak of national security information would imply to me that it was classified information. I seriously doubt that your run-of-the-mill reporter even has a security clearance and wouldn't be allowed to have access to classified information in the first place. Therefore, if the reporter heard the information, regardless of where it came from, it's not classified, or at least it isn't any more. If anybody could be prosecuted for leaking classified information, it would be whoever 'leaked' information to the reporter and the reporter has no liability whatsoever and could not be prosecuted. I suppose they could ask the reporter who the source was, but that's about it.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

House Launches Investigation Of AG Eric Holder For Lying Under Oath

Over the years, things like this arise from administrations of both major political parties. As a result, there are those loyal to one party that flock to their defense and those who keep the fires burning outside the stone walls. Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Bush 1 & 2 and now Obama.

One thing this shows is that having an opposition force in government is healthy because it keeps the faults of human nature in check when they are controlling so much power. The down side is that loyalties often overlook logic and one will fall on a sword... sacrificing honor and honesty in favor of such blind loyalty.

In the case of Holder, there seems to be enough substance to justify the inquisition. On the flip, one has to weigh the value of politics when assessing the results. The downside of which, is that... the current mood of the nation is one that embraces political division at any cost with the gleeful support of the news media. This makes the outcomes less likely to be of value and more to deepen the divisions.

Every four years we pray/hope/wish (whatever) for a good round of leadership. It's been a long, long, long time since such has graced this nation. One can only hope/pray/wish (whatever) that 2016 produces something a little better.

edit on 28-5-2013 by redoubt because: typos, edits, etc.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I second that..

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Given how desperate the Republicans are at the moment to find some kind of scandal to scream from the rooftops about, I'm guessing that the next one will be on the lines of "Obama, Reid and Holder are murdering billions of innocent oxygen molecules every minute by breathing!!! Oh noes!!!!"

edit on 28-5-2013 by AngryCymraeg because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
Given how desperate the Republicans are at the moment to find some kind of scandal to scream from the rooftops about, I'm guessing that the next one will be on the lines of "Obama, Reid and Holder are murdering billions of innocent oxygen molecules every minute by breathing!!! Oh noes!!!!"

Actually, republicans and others are NOT desperate to find some anti-administration scandal "to scream from the rooftops about"; due to the corrupt nature of this administration, there are already Soooooo many to choose from already.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Actually, republicans and others are NOT desperate to find some anti-administration scandal "to scream from the rooftops about"; due to the corrupt nature of this administration, there are already Soooooo many to choose from already.

I'm curious. Where were these self-same truth-seeking Republicans when President Bush was involving the USA in what can only be described as a series of catastrophically inept judgements that have left the country morally, physically and financially weakened?
edit on 28-5-2013 by AngryCymraeg because: typo

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

When will you get it...Bush is not POTUS anymore...hasn't been for a long time.....

If you honestly think Obama has no dirt of his own on his shoes....you are sadly mistaken....

Des

edit on 28-5-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

When will you get it...Bush is not POTUS anymore...hasn't been for a long time.....

Des

I am quite capable of understanding that bit.

However, my point concerns the hypocrisy of the Republican Party. So my question still stands.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

This thread is not about Bush...your attempts to make it so...fall on deaf ears.....

Des

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Is this the same Congress that just passed another anti-Obama-Care bill? One that has no chance of going anywhere? I think that's 37 tried now. With that kind of success rate, I'm sure Congress will be investigating the AG, for many, many, many years/dollars to come. Anything to avoid addressing real priorities.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

If anybody could be prosecuted for leaking classified information, it would be whoever 'leaked' information to the reporter and the reporter has no liability whatsoever and could not be prosecuted. I suppose they could ask the reporter who the source was, but that's about it.

This would be the reason the gov wanted the reporter call records, right? To attempt to find the source.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

It would be easier to launch an investigation of if they ever said anything true. This way they wouldn't have to dig too much since there is not much there.

If Eric Holder gets any punishment for his lies I'd be very suprised. He, like all the leaders with names we know in the federal .gov, has many buffers whose job is to just protect him. They get payed for that.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

This thread is not about Bush...your attempts to make it so...fall on deaf ears.....

Des

Quite right - this thread is about yet another fruitless attempt by the Republicans to find a scandal that will stick. They ain't having much luck so far, mostly because they're a load of hypocrites.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
What I'm enjoying most is how they can't play the race card effectively now that they really need it. It's been used so often, even their own supporters smirk and roll their eyes.

If anyone actually researches Holder, instead of the usual knee jerk blind defense, you see some very disturbing things.

Despite almost all facets of federal government demonstrating a complete lack of honesty, ethics and competence these past few decades, every once in a while they take each other down for the benefit of us all.
edit on 28-5-2013 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join