It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man acquitted of milk production! Score 1 for the good guys.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It is a sad fact of modern life that seemingly everything is both heavily regulated by the government and politicized. This applies to, yes, even cow’s milk. Witness the case of Wisconsin farmer Vernon Hershberger, who was prosecuted for selling raw milk to willing consumers — in this case friends and neighbors:

After having the Federal Nannys come and set up a sting operation in my own city to set up and arrest farmers selling natural milk at a farmers market, it's a subject I'm a bit sensitive to. The Feds figure their power is without limit, boundary or geographic reality. We're not 50 states to the Feds, we're one nation with 50 provinces. So is the statement they make with nonsense like this.

The prosecution might have made sense if the consumers were not aware that the milk was not pasteurized but there is no evidence that was the case. In fact, it appears that people bought Hershberger’s product precisely because it was raw. The milk was apparently sold to only 200 people that Hershberger considered “part owners in the farm.”

So, why was the state eager to prosecute Hershberger? As the Journal article notes, it is being lobbied to do so by the “Wisconsin Safe Milk Coalition,” an industry lobbying group that doesn’t like competition from raw milk farms and is trying to bully them.
Source

Alas, according to Uncle Sammy and his armed goons, you can't even buy 'raw'/Natural milk when you are a 100% informed consumer and well aware of your choices. We're not to be trusted, it seems, with such decisions relating to our own intake of food and drink.

Well, score one for the good guys, as the story here shows. The Courts CAN be our friend at times, if perhaps the only friend we often have left in this nation. In this case, the verdict was clear. They can drink their store bought white concoctions if they choose...and farmers can sell pure, safe and clean milk if THEY so choose.

As it should be, IMO.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh God, the milk police!

We have something similar around here, called the Milk Board. What a bunch of chumps.

They'd all like us to be drinking that synthetic goop they call milk. Not me or my family.

You know how people around here got out of trouble for selling raw milk?

They call it "Body Lotion". Not for consumption written on the label.

~Tenth

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Now that is some brilliant wording! No lawyers needed just an simple in your face "Screw You" approach to sales. Of course now those farmers will get audited by the IRS every year.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
As Tenth mentioned we are having the same problem here. What the state/province is saying is that the product isn't regulated for safety. Uh huh. Don't these people also issue hunting licenses? Is that product regulated? In this case though I see it as the big guys trying to limit competition from the little guy.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

also...

He was found guilty of one count of breaking a holding order issued by the state in June 2010, which barred him from moving any of the food he produced without a license.

He faces as long as a year in jail and $10,000 in fines for the one guilty count; a sentencing date has yet to be announced.

Doesnt anybody bother to read up on a topic before creating a new thread?

edit on 28-5-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the good news Wrabbit!
After several threads about how the defense wasn't allowed to present much evidence, so many terms were forbidden by the judge - it's great to see the citizens on the jury saw through the court ordered B.S. and acquitted the guy.
I'd hesitate to call this a "win" for the courts, since the so called officers of the court had tried so deperately to rig the testimony in favor of the government. It's definitely a win for "We the People" and the concept of nullification.

ganjoa

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
nvm.
edit on 28-5-2013 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There is N-acetylcycteine in raw milk. It is destroyed in the pasteurization process, anything over a hundred and twenty degrees. It is a chemical that our body turns into gluthione that protects our Mitochondria from damage. We can get this from eating rare meat, sunny side up or over easy eggs, and uncooked broccoli and other cruciferous veggies also. Those veggies limit our uptake of Iodine and stem our production of Thyroid hormones though. They say the meat and eggs should be cooked well because of the new resistant bacteria. We're up Shi** creek without a paddle if you listen to them.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Oh God, the milk police!

We have something similar around here, called the Milk Board. What a bunch of chumps.

They'd all like us to be drinking that synthetic goop they call milk. Not me or my family.

You know how people around here got out of trouble for selling raw milk?

They call it "Body Lotion". Not for consumption written on the label.

~Tenth

That is a great idea, I got to go look for some body lotion from a local farmer

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Funny, criminals making innocent people criminals. Even here in Canada it is illegal to sell raw milk, which unlike the 2% most people consume, is good for you.

I actually recently found out that most food has lost in nutritional value do to the way of Agriculture. I think this involves not only competition but also the health industry, you can't sell pills unless the people are sick, and the best way to get people sick is get all the nutrition out of their food supply.

Unfortunately people who's job is to provide that nutrition (farmers, gardeners what have yah), even local smaller farmers are being turned into criminals by Mafia organization, i am surprised we even made it to 2013. Even the bees are effected by the lack of nutrition, the land that the food is grown on is dead, there is no value left in it.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

There is a simple solution to all of this: ju-ry nul-li-fi-ca-tion.

We just need to convince people that "more rules, more regulation and more government" are NOT good for anyone, how the State would like to criminalize everything we do.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Three rousing cheers for a jury of common sense.
Id had hoped for this outcome....

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Why wasn't he hanged?

Producing your own milk can be compared to terrorist producing WMDs,

This is so scary, what if someone drinks this mans milk, what will the consequences be for society as a whole if such a travesty were to happen.

This is sick, no one should be allowed to get away with something like this,

I hope my sarcasm is understandable.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Next thing you know they'll be arresting women for producing their own unregulated and unpasteurized milk...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Next thing you know they'll be arresting women for producing their own unregulated and unpasteurized milk...

Oh lord. My honey pie would get double-life sentences
Score one in the victory column for people who want to be left the heck alone.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Here in Texas there has been a push to make raw milk available to the public. You can, currently, legally purchase raw milk at an approved supplier but it has to be directly from the dairy (thereby limiting access).

Realmilk.com is an excellent resource for information regarding the health benefits of raw milk as well as the real safety concerns.

One more thing: Organic milk is normally sold as "Ultra-pasteurized" which means it is no longer milk as we know it. It has been flash heated to incredible temps which destroy much of what makes milk, milk.

When raw milk clabbers naturally it becomes cheese. When pasteurized milk clabbers naturally it becomes rancid with off odors / flavors and not consumable. When ultra-pasteurized milk clabbers naturally it is a putrid stinking rotten mess.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
As Tenth mentioned we are having the same problem here. What the state/province is saying is that the product isn't regulated for safety. Uh huh. Don't these people also issue hunting licenses? Is that product regulated? In this case though I see it as the big guys trying to limit competition from the little guy.

Big dairys can pasteurize milk and thereby pass off substandard milk to the consumer somewhat safely. Raw milk has to be top quality or people just wouldnt buy it because it would have off flavors, smells that would be off putting to the average consumer.

Raw milk, being a superior product, would be consumed by the masses who would then realize what a sham pasteurized milk has become.

Raw milk production, when collected and handled in clean facilities is as safe as pasteurized and it is a much more healthy product than pasteurized. So called organic milk is, most often, ultra-pasteurized which is a violent process that damages the milk so much that most of its healthful characteristics are destroyed.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bbracken677

Here in Texas there has been a push to make raw milk available to the public. You can, currently, legally purchase raw milk at an approved supplier but it has to be directly from the dairy (thereby limiting access).

I'm pretty sure I've seen it at the local farmers market in Grand Prairie.

Texas is very "progressive" in the reform-movement for allowing sales of raw milk.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I am very disappointed as I thought a man was left alone to continue lactating as he saw fit and I envisioned a whole new world of shared child raising responsibilities.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Obama is behind this. He wants to make raw milk illegal .
Organic milk ,doesn't necessarily mean its good now days either.

The FDA ,using the USDA and the FBI ,have been systematically been putting raw dairy farmers out of business ,since Obama took office. They lie ,harass,and even arrest people ,who are doing nothing more than making a legal living .
They've put farmers out of business across the country ,and keep it mum .

Then his wife has the gall to get on TV telling our kids what to eat to be healthy .
Despicable

top topics

join