It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long live Utopia!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The infinite decimal ideas of human minds caught up in times of laughter and random sufferings is the place where we meet and decide the fate of our morality. The world we live in a coffee shop caffe of flavours filtered in a eco system of noisey ramble that was yesterdays gossip and now it is todays news.

The microchip and the brain the two greatest pieces of art of God and man, and moving every day so ever closer. The dreams of perptual motion, free energy and the hopes of a cold fusion winter that will warm cocktails of humanities illusion that a utopia does exist. A place that allows all human kind to sign away their dreams for a slice of eternal freedom in the lounge room of virtual feelings.

Yes we are nearer the precipice of the tommorow land where the tommorow people have no more demands and only cyber plugs in their hands which connect us all togther into a virtual utopia.

The utopian dream, a dream dreamed off by humans since time of social orders rose out the land and human beings look up and gazed at far way lands.

Where did this idea of freedom arise from in the brain, and can it be realised in the promised land - Utopia?

Could it be possible that a delusion that has grown somehow inside the mind of humans and such land can never actually exist?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Utopia for 500.00 NWO credits/ monthly

failure to continue payment will result in digital confinement and possible banishment from Utopia, so please keep those credits incoming.

Utopia! sale today, buy one, get a clone free.

-----------

When water, and the air feel as real as now, the question is, will it even matter? And then if that is true, could this be humanity's end?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I named one of my sim-citys, "Utopia", once. It was anything but

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

utopia (n.)

Modern Latin Utopia, literally "nowhere," coined by Thomas More (and used as title of his book, 1516, about an imaginary island enjoying perfect legal, social, and political systems), from Greek ou "not" + topos "place" (see topos).

etymonline.com...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The infinite decimal ideas of human minds caught up in times of laughter and random sufferings is the place where we meet and decide the fate of our morality. The world we live in a coffee shop caffe of flavours filtered in a eco system of noisey ramble that was yesterdays gossip and now it is todays news.

loved the intro,

I believe that utopia is indeed an impossible dream. A beautiful dream, but when we wake up and start building this dream, we forget the core values and ideals of this 'perfect society' and instead try to gain it with violence, oppression, religion, etc...
Mankind has been is search of this perfect society since the dawn of time. And while doing so we have gone to war with and persecuted those who think differently than us. We let greed and hunger for power take over our emotions.
We elect leaders (or they are forced upon us) and we expect them to be like some sort of messiah, magically fixing things with their promises. But after all they are flawed men just like the rest of us. This is why I stopped believing in politics some time ago.

Until we learn to respect ourselves, others and nature, and really start to act on this dream, utopia will remain just that. An idea.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Anotther way to define it would be to say its the opposite of Dystopia

Dystopia from wiki definition

A dystopia is a community or society, usually fictional, that is in some important way undesirable or frightening. It is the opposite of a utopia. Such societies appear in many works of fiction, particularly in stories set in a speculative future. Dystopias are often characterized by dehumanization,[1] totalitarian governments, environmental disaster,[2] or other characteristics associated with a cataclysmic decline in society. Elements of dystopias may vary from environmental to political and social issues. Dystopian societies have culminated in a broad series of sub-genres of fiction and are often used to raise real-world issues regarding society, environment, politics, religion, psychology, spirituality, or technology that may become present in the future. For this reason, dystopias have taken the form of a multitude of speculations, such as pollution, poverty, societal collapse, political repression, or totalitarianism.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Microchips were not created by God, That is life-less scientific technology. I guess if God exists you can call the brain a "technology" but at least it is life, biological.

Freedom is real. When all thoughts arises from the empty space of the mind how can freedom not be except by a thought of enslavement that is believed?

When all is just existing, how can freedom not be true except by random humans that claim authority over another?

CONTROL and POSSESSION is just a belief. "I rule this" , "I have that". Everything is just existing and those two thoughts are beliefs. When you realize there is nothing to have or control because you are a powerful WHOLE being, then you will be free.

Believing that something is "Missing" that you must "get", or that people must be "controlled" is enslavement to ideas of the mind.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Freedom is real. When all thoughts arises from the empty space of the mind how can freedom not be except by a thought of enslavement that is believed?

If the driving force of control is belief and thought is used as the construct of belief then if people stop thinking will they stop believing and feelinging they beed to exercise control?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by arpgme

If the driving force of control is belief and thought is used as the construct of belief then if people stop thinking will they stop believing and feelinging they beed to exercise control?

Of course!!
Thought is time - time means beginning and end. Thought is just words. Words appear now - always presently. But words imply beginning and end so there starts the belief in 'I will end'. The idea that 'I will end' - causes the need to secure oneself - to protect myself from ending.
The present will never end so why do you think you will. It is only thought/time and words that lead you to believe that there is an end. If you didn't believe in beginning and end (time) you would have no fear and then there would just be love.
It is fear that wants to control because it is scared. If there was no fear there would be no need to control.
edit on 29-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join