It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netizen outrage after Chinese tourist defaces Egyptian temple

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
What is wrong with people?

The vandal carved 'Ding Jinhao was here' in Chinese in the 3,500 year old Luxor Temple.

I think this kid should have bamboo shoots stuck under his fingernails, and his hands broken, and have his hands then cut off.

He is definitely old enough to know better.
It is never acceptable to vandalize things that don't belong to you, but really? An ancient Egyptian temple. His parents should probably be beaten as well.

Source

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
What is wrong with people?

The vandal carved 'Ding Jinhao was here' in Chinese in the 3,500 year old Luxor Temple.

I think this kid should have bamboo shoots stuck under his fingernails, and his hands broken, and have his hands then cut off.
I think a little vacation in an Egyptian prison might get his attention.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

He is just a 15 year kid

Its better to forgive him rather than cut his hands off

edit on 27-5-2013 by CosmicQuest because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicQuest

Yeah don't cut his hands off, but at least give him 10 lashes or tattoo his face with a penis!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

tattoo his face with a penis!

That would be pretty appropriate, I approve

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Ok, I may have gotten a little carried away.

Maybe tattoo "vandal" across his forehead. I don't think that would be unreasonable.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Well, he's just going to hurt tourism, which brings in alot of money for Egypt. The Archeaologists need to start fencing that stuff off and barring anyone entrance. Let future vandals mull over that one. I had a similar incident happen at the state park i live near, some local kids had taken some spray paint and defaced a cave painting made by Native Americans who lived in the cave 10,000 years ago. People just have no respect for human history.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I wonder, after looking at that? How many panels in the Pyramids are local and contemporary versions of the same thing? Local versions of "Kilroy was here" dating back thousands of years for type, style and appearance? Thins to make you go Hmm....?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

He is just a 15 year kid

Its better to forgive him rather than cut his hands off

Who cares how old he is. People have remembered this temple for 3,500 years, and will continue to remember it for thousands of years to come. This kid has only existed for 15 years, and will people remember this little dink after he gets old and dies? Maybe for a while, but not for very long at all. He has only existed 180 months and destroyed something so old and incredible.

If I saw him do it I would have knocked his face right through, which somebody should have. The Egyptian authorities probably wouldn't charge somebody with assault if they were defending an antiquity, and would probably just arrest the kid instead.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Any young man of 15 who grew up in communist china knows full well that this behavior is wrong and intolerable. Should he have done this act in his homeland to any of the ancient Chinese monuments, he would have been executed.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Apparently by the comments so far the posters have no idea about China nor how the well to do Chinese raise their children. The child is raised as if he or she is a little prince or princess. They get anything they want and discipline is not in the vocabulary. The child can break things or tear things up and the parents will laugh and think it's cute. I've watched 10-12 year olds throw tantrums like 2-4 year olds and be given candy, iPhones or iPads to get them to stop. They will also hit and kick their parents and still not receive correction.

The child is raised as a self-centered BRAT with a me first attitude. Manors are none existent and they expect everything to be given to them. They are disrespectful to their parents and adults in general. Now you wonder why this BRAT did what he did, look not further than Mom, Dad and the Grandparents.

Guaranteed the board of education was never applied to his seat of knowledge. Should he be disciplined, yes, to the fullest extent of the law. His parents should then have to pay full restitution for the defacing of a national treasure and charged with causing an international incident.
edit on 5/27/2013 by pstrron because: grammer

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
[snipped]

If I was in charge I'd give him 3500 years in jail.

one year for all that history he has ruined with his stupid name
edit on 27-5-2013 by Kandinsky because: Unnecessary profanity

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I was at a house in Kuwait back in 1999. It was a home that Kuwait civilians had fought to defend against Iraqi forces during the invasion. The men there fought and died to protect what was theirs. It was a "martyr house", kind of like America's Alamo.

One of my soldiers was standing in my group and decided it was a good idea to spit on the floor. Before I could think of what I was doing I slapped him across the face. That is a huge no-no in the American Army. I lost one rank and half a months pay, but I promise that kid will not spit on an honored site again.

I shudder to think of what I would have done at the defacing of an ancient treasure. I can only be thankful I wasn't there.

"Only 15" is a good enough excuse to keep him from serious physical harm. He and his parents (who should have raised him better) do deserve some serious punishment though. Make them count the sand at the site. When the get 50 grains for every day the monument has been there, let them go on their merry way.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Over 2000 years.
Then the Chinese arrived!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
No worse than what US did to Iraqi museums and ancient historic sites. (Yes, some was caused by lraqi looters)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

LOL - sorry to laugh at such a serious topic.

A Chinese tourist defaces an Egyptian monument and you still managed to throw in an anti-American barb.

Kudos to you sir! No dead horse is safe

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I think the vandalism can be *carefully* acid washed out, by professionals with a specialty in restoring ancient things.

But the little prick needs turned over to Egypt. Let them be the judges of his punishment.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Ding Jinhao needs a big tattoo across his torso, saying graffiti vandal, in hieroglyphics. With a used unsanitized needle by an artist with a shaky hand. Scarification is an alternative method of applying the symbols.

One in a billion with the money to visit Egypt and he has to be a global idiot.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I see a short criminal career for this kid followed by an early death by(fill in blank).Mental problem anyone?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join