It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fruits Containing Salvestrol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hi all, does anyone know which fruits contain Salvestrol?

I came across a 2007 BBC article saying it is in tangerine peel, but I'm not planning to start eating tangerine peel anytime soon

Info and research is very scarce, although a lot points to Salvestrol being very good for fighting off potential cancer cells.

I know you need to obtain organic to ensure the fruit produces Salvestrol, but which fruits are the best sources?

Since tangerine peel contains it, I am assuming it will be on the outer part of most organic fruits such as strawberries, grapes and apples etc?

Thanks for any help

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

I found a good article that lists foods with Salvestrol...they say organic is best....

Link: undergroundhealthreporter.com...

Here is a quote from the article; scroll down the page a bit to find the entire list.

"Salvestrols in Organic Fruits, Vegetables and Herbs

Salvestrol levels have been shown to be 30% higher in organic vegetables and fruits—compared to their non-organic counterparts. So whenever possible, choose organic."

"Natural Fruit Sources for Salvestrols: (Organic)

• Apples
• Grapes (including organic wine)
• Blackcurrants
• Blueberries
• Cranberries
• Oranges
• Strawberries
• Tangerines"

edit on 24-5-2013 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thanks for the link, very much appreciated

Think I'm going to plant an apple tree and try and grow some strawberries this summer.

In the mean time, I will have to convince my other half that we need to spend more on organic fruit rather than conventionally grown!

join