It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Compiled Lists of Observed Satellite Reentries -- many involved in UFO reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
These data files ought to be very useful to both solving unexplained UFO reports, and eliminating reentries as causes of other reports.

Visually Observed Natural Re-entries of Earth Satellites, Draft #1
by Ted Molczan
satobs.org...

AND

Compilation of recovered space debris, by Paul Maley
satobs.org...
In conjunction with Ted's announcement regarding his list of natural observed reentries I have been constantly compiling a list of recovered space debris over the years. This consists of known debris and some suspected debris cases. In a few instances I have been led to some data by the SEESAT listserver. Lacking are images of some items discovered in South America (Brazil) and older historical accounts some of which are difficult if not impossible to locate. I steer clear of UFO reports though have been steered to a couple of events via that route.
I would request that anyone on the listserver who might be aware of historical recovery of specific space objects, photos or displays in museums that are not my my debris page, to kindly consult this page located at:
www.eclipsetours.com...
Should you find any errors or have corrections or new items to contribute, please send me an email off list.

These are only two of many interesting reports on the thread's May list:
satobs.org...

edit on 23-5-2013 by JimOberg because:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I have been playing with the idea of a database for a while now. Originally I intended to create a web-application that collects telemetry data from Sun observing satellites, store it, and try matching it to tectonic activity.

One Table might hold known re-entry events, and another one might hold reported sightings, so matching events would become a simple procedure. I'm also wondering whether MUFON uses a relational db model already to store their reports.

join