It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Owns The Weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Greetings fellow ATSer's!

I would like to humbly pronounce the arrival of my first thread here at this fine website, and I hope it garners some polite discussion on the subject of geoengineering.

Now, there have been attempts by others to present, what they'd like to call factual documentaries, but have, to be frankly frank, fallen far short of expectations.
There is it seems, a new geoengineering documentary being made as we speak right now, with an ample budget of AU$650,000 and the promise of serving as "the ultimate guide to the complex issues of geoengineering". perhaps this complex issue may become clearer?

WHO OWNS THE WEATHER

Please, ATS members, share your thoughts!

edit on 23-5-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

To help out anyone who has a slow connection, A quote from the OP's link~

About the film
'Who Owns the Weather' brings to the public eye the most controversial questions of the climate debate, the potentials and dangers of climate engineering. Geoengineering schemes sound like science fiction: launch fleets of ships to whip up sea spray and enhance the reflectivity of marine clouds; use trillions of tiny spacecraft to form a sunshade a million miles from Earth. Once dismissed as impossible and banned by an international treaty, intentional large-scale manipulation of the climate is getting serious consideration from eminent scientists and prestigious institutes all over the world. And for an important reason: we might need emergency measures to buy time for real solutions to avoid dangerous climate change. But it raises difficult questions:

Can we be trusted to interfere with a system as complex as the Earth's climate? Do we have what it takes to be the masters of our planet? Is geo-engineering viable? Is it avoidable? Do we have a choice? Whose hand will be on the thermostat? Who Owns The Weather?

We will follow some of the most interesting proposals of The Virgin Earth Challenge Prize - small and large enterprises, government institutes with ambitious projects.

We'll look at the climate from a new perspective, as a massive complex system with built-in sensitivities. We'll run what-if-scenarios on the world's most advanced supercomputers, trying to predict how these extraordinary schemes would play out if commissioned. We'll compare them for effectiveness, timeliness, unintended consequences and costs.

Instead of being a list-film of techno-fixes or a debate program, who owns the weather is driven by personal stories of charismatic, passionate people as we get to know the minds and often controversial views of climate engineers and their peers. Woven into the narrative we'll recall the checkered history of geoengineering and will unveil recent attempts of military weather control. Some of the main characters are Nobel Prize winners: Professor Steve Schneider climatologist; Professor David Keith who argues that geoengineering the Earth is within the realm of small countries, large corporations, or even very wealthy individuals., Professor Ken Caldeira who devised simulations to discredit geoengineering but the surprising results converted him; distinguished members of the Royal Society - James Lovelock, Professor Andrew Watson.

Who Owns the Weather will be energetic, uncompromising, witty and sharp.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I love the artwork
it's awesome!!!
!!!!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Thor owns the weather!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I sure hope it's a factual documentary and not another WITWATS conglomeration of lies and misunderstandings.

This subject should be discussed, but when it's misrepresented, the entire message gets lost.

Oh, and I hope they use some of that budget to rent a plane and take mid air samples of contrails.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Greetings friend!

From what I gather, contrails/chemtrails aren't part of geoengineering, therefore won't be discussed in the documentary.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I wish that were the case. At least here on ATS, chemtrails seem to be the main focus of Geo-engineering.

I personally hope that any and all attempts to control mother nature is left on the discussion table. Our weather is dynamic and has always been. It's likely that it will remain that way.

Trying to manipulate things that are better left alone reminds me of that song about the old lady who swallowed the fly. link to that ryme if you don't rememberr it.

top topics

join