It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lethal Aid: US to supply arms to Syrian rebels?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Lethal Aid: US to supply arms to Syrian rebels?

www.youtube.com

Published on May 22, 2013

A US Senate committee has voted for a bill to arm the Syrian rebels, who are trying to topple President Assad's regime. It's the first time in two years of the ongoing civil war that America's lawmakers have agreed to give the battling opposition lethal support. However the bill still has a long way to go, before it could come into force. Author and historian Gerald Horne believes Washington has learned nothing from its past mistakes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
this to me is really sick...if anyone really cares about the outcome of what this would result in (WW3) then we HAVE to become very adamant that they do not pass anything else...even if it is too late, we should all make calls to our congressmen and women to stay out of this mess...if not we will get sucked into another world war...and nukes are a very real threat...

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Yes it seems the government of the United states does as it pleases,even if it is against it's own laws
These people dont want peace,they want blood to flow like rivers from the very people they claim to protect

www.presstv.com...
edit on 22-5-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by studythem1

I'm sure they have been doing this for some time. It happened in Libya and I'm sure it's going on in Syria.

-SAP-

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
We're paying for arms to all these other counties with our tax money. I say if we paid for them, then we should get them. Let the Gubmentals supply arms to it's own people. Instead they supply them to others who could use them against us! My tongue was in my cheek (somewhat), but they keep sending our tax dollars to people who don't like us!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by studythem1

Anyone want to take a Guess , How long it will be , before those weapons are used to Kill US Servicemen?

It wouldn't be the First Time.

Sadly, it wont be the Last.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yea. Let's supply the crazy potential dictators with arms to kill the encumbant crazy dictator. What a sensible world we live in.

Why not just get the f out of there yanks and leave em to kill each other off. Less crazies sounds good to me. No matter who wins, the outcome will be the same. some wanabe leader bullying his way to the job of top dog. Then after what I would think will be a very short time, some other bullyboy who thinks he can do a beter job will off him and take over.
Gotta luv the ME

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
And the number keeps growing

In the two year conflict in Syrai the US Gov't as allocated 500+ million in support and aid to the rebels.

abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

In laymans terms this is a foreign sponsored coup..
Friends of Syria my a$$

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Yes, infact current United States Secretary of State John

Kerry urged other foreign backers to make similar pledges of assistance with the goal of reaching $1bn in total international support.

April 21 2013

aljazeera

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This has been going on a long time, the US and allies have been supplying $,weaponsto the Rebels/FSA/Al-qaeda via a third party.What is being expressed here is the US government and allied states willingness to steamroll over international law(and its own) to fullfill an objective,to overthrow the Syrian government.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Im sure you read that, I just wanted to verify for those who may have just skimmed through and missed that chunk of info.
edit on 22-5-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
nothing new nor surprising ... the u.s. supplies arms to everyone ... it profits from blood and death ...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Maybe the syrians and libyans should provide both financial and military support to the tea party and occupy who seem the only ones capable of running america. Bush and Obama have been a disaster now for 13 years cooking up false flags and profiting from the mayhem. Both these men should have faced charges at the hague and rotting in prison.

We have criminals running washington and I am extremely sincere in saying this. Its not cliche anymore!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
that would be funny.

with the clustertruck storm in DC and this attack in London making the public aware of the atrocities that gov'ts inflict world wide and no where are you truly, truly, safe. A tornado may come and take your house away, but you can prepare and protect yourself as much as possible. Information is a key ingredient in protecting yourself from the harshness in environments we come across.

The sh!t hath h!tteth the fan
edit on 23-5-2013 by whatzshaken because: wording

edit on 23-5-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
We seem to have been supplying them for some time now. By many accounts, that's what Benghazi was all about. US State Dept. and CIA gathering Libyan weapons scattered after their civil war and sending them off to Syria.

top topics

join