It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Storm Shelter?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Apparently you have never been in a tornado. If you have no basement, the best place to be is in your bathroom or the most central room in the house.

Those who try to outrun them are usually the first ones dead.

The idea is to move your mobile home at the first warning sign of destructive weather patterns, not wait until it is right on top of you, then try to outrun it.
edit on 22-5-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
On the way to work today, I passed a construction site, and saw another idea...

Shipping containers. You can often pick these up for around $500. Would make a pretty good buried shelter, but you'd have to be able to do some weld work to make the entrance, and some carpentry for stairs. Couldn't do that here in FL most likely, but suggestion for others.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

The idea is to move your mobile home at the first warning sign of destructive weather patterns, not wait until it is right on top of you, then try to outrun it.

You'd be moving it every other day if moving for a tornado watch. By the time a warning is in effect, too late to move such a contraption...(unless you are in an RV).

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I think that mining and fracking break the connectivity of the earth and are changing the patterns of the tornadoes. The magnetic field of the earth is complex and it is conducted through metallic crystalline rock. Rock is polarized, by breaking the conductivity it can cause changes in weather. I can see this causing some of the more severe weather because of changes in concentrations of the field. This may not actually strengthen the tornado but it can change their paths, making them go into places that were once havens, our cities. People built cities where there weren't normally tornadoes so they could be safer. That is changing now.

I lived in Sheboygan Wisconsin and the farmers said the tornadoes followed the drainage ditches that they built. They built these ditches because of the tornadoes, no use planting anything or building anything in those areas because it just gets trashed. They said that every now and then someone buys some land and builds a temporary home in one of those areas. It's only temporary because the tornadoes take it away
I guess the scientists never talk to the old farmers, they could learn something from them. I often wonder if these paths are changing in Sheboygan. I also wonder if these changes are happening because the magnetic north pole is moving so rapidly towards Russia. There could be many reasons for this change in where the tornadoes hit, it doesn't just have to be fracking or mining. I think this should be investigated though, someone with the resources could look at this. Mining engineers know about the effect of some types of mining on the magnetic field. Especially mining out magnetite or Jasper deposits that hit the surface.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join