It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father's experience possible OBE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I posted this in grey area but was not responded to, but I thought maybe it would be better to post it here as well since I think it relates to this section.

My father has told me stories of when he was younger about what he called "light dreams" which he explained as preparing to go to sleep and being enveloped in a bright and then being in places he had never been and the feeling someone or something was watching him. During these dreams he says he spoke to people and interacted in them. He also made it a point to state where ever he was taken he remained in what he was wearing before they started. He said at first the beings didn't seem evil or harmful but as they began to happen more he said the they seemed to take a malevolent feel to them. He says he has woken up with injuries he suffered in these "light dreams". He says that he was punished as a kid or sneaking out a few times when these incidents occurred.

This is confirmed by my grandmother that he was in trouble younger or leaving the middle of the night but claimed to have never left. Finally he says that when he happened to actually end up in places in his dreams the people he talked asked him how he has been and etc. He seems to think aliens are responsible for his experiences which I could agree with but astral projection could also explain it as well. My mother also confirms that something has happened to my dad.

What do you think these experiences could have been? My dad seems to believe that it was aliens while I can believe that I lean toward some sort of astral projection but that wouldn't explain him saying that someone was there with him.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jholt5638
I posted this in grey area but was not responded to, but I thought maybe it would be better to post it here as well since I think it relates to this section.

My father has told me stories of when he was younger about what he called "light dreams" which he explained as preparing to go to sleep and being enveloped in a bright and then being in places he had never been and the feeling someone or something was watching him. During these dreams he says he spoke to people and interacted in them. He also made it a point to state where ever he was taken he remained in what he was wearing before they started. He said at first the beings didn't seem evil or harmful but as they began to happen more he said the they seemed to take a malevolent feel to them. He says he has woken up with injuries he suffered in these "light dreams". He says that he was punished as a kid or sneaking out a few times when these incidents occurred.

This is confirmed by my grandmother that he was in trouble younger or leaving the middle of the night but claimed to have never left. Finally he says that when he happened to actually end up in places in his dreams the people he talked asked him how he has been and etc. He seems to think aliens are responsible for his experiences which I could agree with but astral projection could also explain it as well. My mother also confirms that something has happened to my dad.

What do you think these experiences could have been? My dad seems to believe that it was aliens while I can believe that I lean toward some sort of astral projection but that wouldn't explain him saying that someone was there with him.

The 2 explanations are not mutually exclusive...

Å99

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Thanks for the putting that forward I would not have thought to of both happening. I am starting to doubt the astral projection idea because of further conversations with my dad. Mostly because looking over it, astral projection would not explain his physically being absent from his room, on the other hand combining both would explain both his disappearance and the description of some of his experiences. Some other things he has told me about and shown me are classic alien abduction such as the perfectly circular scoop marks, bright light flooding into his room, and missing time. So you've given me a different way to look at his experiences. This is the reason I like coming here helps me see thing from a different perspective, I do tend it get tunnel vision on subjects like this.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
"Extraterrestrials" do commonly communicate through the dream state. I don't know if you would want to semantically call it an out of body experience though.

join