It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danes Stunned By Fireworks Blaze

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Wednesday around 13:00 GMT a fire started in a fireworks factory in Kolding, Denmark. Firefighters were called to the scene and 2000 people were evacuated in the neighbourhood. Then suddenly 2000 tons of fireworks exploded. 350 houses were either destroyed or damaged. One firefighter died and 85 people were injured. They are still investigating what caused the fire.

news.bbc.co.uk
The fire set off a chain of explosions that devastated the surrounding area.

"It looks like a moon landscape, this looks worse than the many war zones I have seen," Defence Minister Soeren Gade said during a visit to the site.

The blackened landscape was littered with debris, gutted cars and damaged houses.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Yesterday, there was fire in another fireworks storage in Denmark as well. Luckily that fire was put out quickly. There are about 50 fireworks storages in Denmark. Strange with two such incidents in 2 days.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Village Blown Up In Fireworks Explosion In Denmark

[edit on 2006/4/25 by Hellmutt]

[edit on 25-4-2006 by parrhesia]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The time printed on the photos is GMT+1.
Photos taken by Ivan Stapel

This page is continously updating with latest info in danish : www.kolding.dk
Today (Saturday) they are evacuating pets from the evacuated homes...

And The Red Cross handed out free cloths for those who needed it.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
More pictures here...
Click the picture (below) for photos by Robert Atterman

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
As spectacular as a burning fireworks factory must inevitably be, my prayers are with the people of Kolding, who have to deal with the traumatic losses and the grim aftermath.

Here's hoping they spring back from it soon.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I honestly don't mean to sound shallow. But if you were at a safe distance that had to look simply awesome! Sorry. I love fireworks.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I agree with you, Indy. I love looking at fireworks too.

The danes were just shook up by another fireworks incident in Denmark. Not as bad as the big one in Kolding, but it caused some fear and evacuations. A fireworks storage started to burn in a village called Sandby and then it exploded with a big BANG. 3 people were injured including two firemen. The owner of this storage was critically hurt but is now in stable condition. Some 10-12 unexploded bombs were spread around in the neighbourhood and they spent some hours locating them in peoples gardens.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The investigators concluded that it was an accident and nobody will be charged for anything at all. This desicion made many of the victims mad as hell. They protest and demand that somebody should be held responsible.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I agree, Hellmutt, i'd want someone held accountable for the destruction of all those homes and that fire fighter's death.

I have to agree tho, as tragic as this was, I bet it was cool as hell to watch, in a morbid sort of way.

Perhaps something is to be gained from this. Maybe a new, more exciting way to demolish old buildings? Destroy them with fire works so people can watch an entertaining spectacle?

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Here's a video of the big explosion as shown on Danish tv news

[edit on 2006/12/1 by Hellmutt]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Wow, look at how incredible bright that explosion was. It looked like a bomb going off. Condolences to those affected.

apc

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Coooooooooool.

But it was no accident. There's no such thing as accidents with stuff like that. There's either intention or overwhelming stupidity. Or both.

top topics

join