It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Police kill 21 year-old New York student’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Police officials in the US state of New York say a 21-year-old female student who lost her life during a home invasion robbery had been killed by police gunfire.

According to a statement released by a Nassau County police official John Azzata late Saturday, the student identified as Andrea Rebello was accidentally shot in the head by police officers after an armed man who broke into her home used her as a shield.

Police fired eight shots at the intruder, who authorities say was holding a gun to the head of Andrea Rebello, 21, during a home invasion robbery Friday at an off-campus house in Uniondale.
One of the shots hit Rebello in the head, killing her, police spokeswoman Maureen Roach said.
Also killed was the intruder, whom authorities identified as Dalton Smith, 30, of Hempstead. He was struck seven times.

rinf.com...
edition.cnn.com...

Very sad and unfortunate story. RIP

I wonder why the shooting even began. Such hostage situations should be controlled by professional negotiators.

Although we do not know full details. It is understandable from the officer too, if fearing for one´s life in such crisis situation, where every second counts, there might be panic.
edit on 19-5-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Tragic to say the least. I hate to be "that guy" but...www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 19-5-2013 by tanda7 because: link

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It says the gun was pointed at her not the cops, and in a situation like that it seems the best move would be to back off. It's what I would do, you take the single shot if or when it's available.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

I apologise. I have been on nearly all day today and that topic has somehow skipped my attention. Sorry

Could any of the Mods please delete this thread

Thank You

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Just 21 years old with a full life ahead of her. Never would have happened this way with old school cops.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join