It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History - Soviet display of German equipment after WW2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The video comments say 1943, but that seems unlikely - others suggest 1947 or 1948.

The first 2.30 minutes or so are devoted to a/c - pretty much 1 of each, except 109's - maybe 1 of each sub-mark??

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
my net connection is xxxx any chance telling what it is .

struggle to get a 2g phone signal where i live and broadband piped in was no better i kid you not

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

It was old film from a Russian exhibition of all kinds of German military hardware captured during ww2. There were tanks, airplanes, cannons, artillery launchers, rifles, and even uniforms and medals, and at least two things I simply could not identify and unfortunately there were no English captions. But still interesting if you're a ww2 enthusiast or history buff. I also simply enjoyed seeing the people and their reactions. And one reason I suppose I am a history fanatic is that it allows me to imagine what life might have been like back then... What fears or hopes did they have for the future? What chance events transpired in just such a way to lead us to where we are today? What if lightning had struck Hitler at...some point, any point, how would things be different? What if he won? No, I'm not saying "what if he WOULD HAVE won", but what if he DID win... And we just.don't realize it? WW2 is ripe for the imagination to run wild. We will never have another war quite like that...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

what if the forces Hitler fronted for won...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Yeah that would have been a disaster.

Just as well it was the forces Stalin fronted for that won!

top topics

join