It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Hurt as Doctor Who????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
John Hurt will star as the next doctor in the Doctor Who series. John Hurt is a GREAT actor, but the man is SEVENTY-THREE years old! His run probably won't be for long. I just hope he can transform into the energetic, vibrant and witty doctor without everyone seeing him as just an old man. Here's wishing you the best, John.

edit on 5/19/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'd be more worried about an alien bursting out of his stomach. It's happened twice before.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I dont think he's meant to be the 'next' doctor but more an echo of a previous one perhaps of the time wars where he had to destroy billions

He's the only regeneration not to of been worth the title doctor which would say its got to be something bad thats been done as normally the doctor tries to preserve life at all costs

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
He's not the next Doctor at all, he'll be in the 50th anniversary special, which is one episode airing in November. Then it's back to Matt Smith for the Christmas.

You might want to edit your title line though, that's a pretty huge spoiler for the end of the current series.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Spoiler warning...

My money is on him being the 8th, he wore the jacket of the 9th.

Figure hes the aged 8th who fought the time war and than regenerated into the 9th, would explain the jacket at least, remember they didn't leave the doctors time line.
edit on 19-5-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I want to see Peter Dinklage, the actor that plays Tyrion Lannister, as the new Dr. Who.

Or I'll hold my breath till I die.

edit on 19-5-2013 by Bybyots because: Dinklage!, dinklage!, dinklage!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
As it has been said he is playing an incarnation of the Doctor. There will be several Doctors in the special including the Tennet the 10th doctor.

I am very much looking forward to this special.
edit on 19-5-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
***SPOILERS***

"The one who failed..."

I don't know how that's such a big secret. Surely after so many incarnations and changes of personality, it had to happen at least once? I mean, he's essentially immortal, right? You can only go through so many personalities without finding a bad one.

By the way, I'm just pretending to know anything about this. I'm barely above oblivious. I'm just intensely curious about the benevolent transtemporal lunatic whose exact nature is so thoroughly involved and yet so uniquely obscure. One could easily imagine that he's witnessed every event in the universe from a minimum of three vantage points because he's the singular participant of his category that's dedicated to the universe in such a way as to function as the cog that exists everywhere at once to keep the machine running smoothly, so by our very nature, we must be interested to know what's that like. He is everything we are not - intrinsically aware yet ever good willed, ubiquitously displaced yet equally charitable... He's not a god, but he might as well be for everything he's done and seen.

But he will never tell.

edit on 19-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think he will make a very good doctor, moreover with Tenant and Smith on board too, the acting wil be fabulous!

Roll on Novemer 23rd...I can't wait! Eeeeeeeee!!!!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I just hope they do not make a selfish decision and kill the doctor off as that would be a real nuisance that any future reboot's, like this sequence of current series as a reboot, would have to work around, I am still a little sad that the spin off series never materialised with the doctors clone machine daughter though I do wonder if the episode were he found a faulty Tardis replica over a bungalow that tried to force him to be it's pilot was perhaps a nod in that direction.
John hurt would make a marvellous doctor but he would be a throw back to the first version's from the 1960's and 1970's so not really of the liking of the new audience whom want action, still a female incarnation would have shook up the series radically and purists would have done there nut.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I'm not sure if he's going to be the next doctor in the show. He is going to be in the 50th Anniversary Special movie (November 23th)
www.imdb.com...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Painterz
He's not the next Doctor at all, he'll be in the 50th anniversary special, which is one episode airing in November. Then it's back to Matt Smith for the Christmas.

You might want to edit your title line though, that's a pretty huge spoiler for the end of the current series.

Didn't you watch the finale?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767
reply to post by jiggerj

I just hope they do not make a selfish decision and kill the doctor off as that would be a real nuisance that any future reboot's, like this sequence of current series as a reboot, would have to work around, I am still a little sad that the spin off series never materialised with the doctors clone machine daughter though I do wonder if the episode were he found a faulty Tardis replica over a bungalow that tried to force him to be it's pilot was perhaps a nod in that direction.
John hurt would make a marvellous doctor but he would be a throw back to the first version's from the 1960's and 1970's so not really of the liking of the new audience whom want action, still a female incarnation would have shook up the series radically and purists would have done there nut.

Is Jenna-Louise Coleman (Clara Oswald) done? I was just getting used to her.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Big deal, several of the early doctors were more mature, not like the kids in todays series.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
Big deal, several of the early doctors were more mature, not like the kids in todays series.

Ya can't beat Tom Baker, but what are we to do, stop watching?

Don't know if you've seen the new Star Trek, but all the characters are trying to impersonate the original cast. It didn't work for me, but I'll keep watching em.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Dunno if its been said yet, but he is surly going to be the Valeyard (guessing here. STRONGLY!)

Mentioned in the episode (The Doctor's name.) by the Great Intelligence, The Valeyard is the most feared version of the doctored to ever be.

I'm excited.

PS-Finally an episode this season I loved.

MM
edit on 19-5-2013 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
In case you are unaware-

The Valeyard is FRICKEN AWESOME!

MM

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Greetings friends!

Matt Smith has signed on for series 8, as has Jenna Louise Coleman.

So Mr Hurt is only making an appearance in the 50th anniversary episode.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Like I said above...I will bet ALL MY WHO CREDIT (and that's a lot I promise you), this is the return of the Valeyard.

If I am wrong...I will eat a TARDIS.

Hurt is 100% going to be the return of the Valeyard. he was mentioned in the episode, and he is the only Doctor to not go by the name The Doctor, and he was evil.

Trust me on this one...Hurt WILL BE THE VALEYARD! And that will be AWWWWWWWWWWESOOOOOOOME!!!!!

Don't doubt me here...cus its a losing battle. lol.

Smug? maybe...right? Definitely.

oh...and S&F

MM
edit on 19-5-2013 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
You know what I hated, they didn't actually say the Name Of The Doctor! I was really excited about that, and they didn't do it!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join