It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Nohmul Pyramid In Belize Destroyed By Bulldozer (PHOTOS)]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Mayan Nohmul Pyramid In Belize Destroyed By Bulldozer (PHOTOS)]

www.huffingtonpost.com

A construction company has essentially destroyed one of Belize's largest Mayan pyramids with backhoes and bulldozers to extract crushed rock for a road-building project, authorities announced on Monday.
The head of the Belize Institute of Archaeology, Jaime Awe, said the destruction at the Nohmul complex in northern Belize was detected late last week. The ceremonial center dates back at least 2,300 years and is the most important site in northern Belize, near the border with Mexico.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I tend to agree with Awe:

"It's a feeling of Incredible disbelief because of the ignorance and the insensitivity ... they were using this for road fill," Awe said. "It's like being punched in the stomach, it's just so horrendous."

"These guys knew that this was an ancient structure. It's just bloody laziness", Awe said.

It's pretty unbelievable that people would destroy the past. Clues into one of the most unknown cultures in the world, destroyed for an ez temporary solution to increase profitability.
But I guess ignorance breeds simple minded folks, and when you sell a story to people, such as religion, that gives a past, true or false, why keep around remnants eh?

Well, maybe I shouldn't bring religion into this.
There are stupid people everywhere, and religion or no, they all worship money.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Please add your thoughts to the existing thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

join