It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember 19 Leroy N.Y. teens who came down withTourette's-like tics? May 22,10pm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... icted-mystery-syndrome.html

In total 19 patients came forward with Tourette’s like symptoms, which include uncontrollable facial and body twitching.

The sufferers, some of which are affected to this day, include 14 girls aged between 13 and 18 and one adult victim, 36-year-old nurse practitioner Marge Fitzsimmons.

A trailer for TLC's The Town That Caught Tourette's?, which will air on Wednesday, May 22 at 10pm ET/PT, shows footage of several students twitching as they describe their symptoms.

I thought this had gone away but according to the article I linked they are still suffering....Weird and no definitive diagnosis....

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
it was on in the uk last year www.channel4.com...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Not fair they are American!!! Why do the Brits get everything first!! I swear it is a conspiracy!........ Actually it might be.....hummmm

Did you watch the series? If so what did you think?

edit on 13-5-2013 by 727Sky because: ....

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I remember that. They claimed it was contagious by psychosis or something to that effect. BS.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

i remember they never got to the bottom of it ,lyme disease was brought up if i remember

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I live relatively close to Leroy, NY and saw an update on the local news not too long ago. According to doctors most of the teens have completely recovered.

Update on Leroy Girls

While I think it is great that they have overcome the symptoms, it does say they have taken a variety of medications to help overcome the tics and the article doesn't go into if they are still on medication to keep everything under control. I will never believe it was strictly a psychological problem with these teens and I am sure we will never be told the complete truth as to what happened.

Thank you for posting this about the documentary - it is weird that I haven't seen it advertised locally yet it is on a UK site instead!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this! I remember when this first hit the presses that each article/news segment mentioned the girls had received their Gardasil injections in the weeks prior to this phenomenon. Now, not a peep. I guess that's why the infallible "they" say that more often than not, it's what isn't said that matters most. In reading the comments about the show, people ask why the vaccine hadn't been mentioned. It was apparent from other comments that this idea had not yet been presented to them.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The Gardasil vaccine had been ruled out because not all of the girls received the vaccine, also one boy also had developed tics as well as an older lady in the community. On a side note, I personally would never receive or let me kids receive that vaccine for other reasons.

What is so frustrating about the whole situations is that the doctors involved said they all had "conversion disorder" or anxiety that manifests into physical symptoms - pretty much dismissing any toxic environmental factors that could have been the cause.

Here is an article I found that includes another upstate NY town that had similar cases to that of Leroy. Further down there is a piece about pesticides or mycotoxins being a factor.

Tics and Toxins

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CINY8

And what happened to the train that had derailed and spilled chemicals in to that region? Last I heard the famed environmental activist/hoochie Erin Brockovich was on the case

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

From what I have read, the results of the investigation that was lead by Brockovich's team were negative for the TCE (trichloroethylene) from the train derailment in 1970. If I recall the team wasn't allowed directly on school grounds but they had completed testing nearby.

I am not sure if they tested for other toxic substances or not. The testing was done months after the initial illnesses were reported too so the actual cause may never be found.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I bet the government did some kind of secret test and these are the results. Don't worry they will find out 50 years from now.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
20-30 years ago, we had an out-break of similar movement disorders in home-made crank users. I have never heard if anyone ever figured out which contaminant was causing the movement disorders. There were probably several different chemicals. Ergot certainly produces similar chemicals. I have no doubt that the majority of cases discussed here are real, and not conversion reactions. My guess is that the answer is known by the Feds, but that certain corporations prefer that knowledge be kept private.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
reply to post by 727Sky

i remember they never got to the bottom of it ,lyme disease was brought up if i remember

I don't think lymes....my son had lymes when he was 2, which I believe attributed to his low immune system, ended up in hospital twice, back to back pneumonia, my father, lymes, now gets seizures, another family member, it hit her hard. Seizures, couldn't walk, needed therapy for a year!!! Sorry, I went off topic, it's obvious, I am extremely worried about the later effects on lymes....as far as these girls??? Something in the air??? O, yeah, hubs had Rocky mountain spotted fever, in hospital for a week, never been the same neurologically since....
edit on 5/17/13 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join