It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traveler from Saudi Arabia arrested at Detroit Metro with pressure cooker!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Detroit — Federal agents have arrested a Saudi Arabian traveler who arrived at Detroit Metropolitan Airport with a pressure cooker, a key component used in the Boston Marathon bombings last month.

Hussain Al Khawahir appeared for a brief hearing at 1 p.m. in federal court on charges he allegedly used an altered passport and lied to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agent about the pressure cooker.

www.detroitnews.com...

usnews.nbcnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

Pressure Cooker is one thing (I mean, even I own one); however, why would alter his passport?
This alone, regardless of who you are and where you are from, would get you in serious trouble.
edit on 13-5-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Traveling with a pressure cooker? Wouldnt the baggage alone make it cheaper to just buy a new one here?

Something odd about traveling with a pressure cooker to begin with.
EDIT- Hmmmm, I just looked at a few articles and the whole thing is strange. I have lived in the Detroit metro area (am from Downriver) and there is every type of store and item imaginable for sale including Z'pressure cookers' of all sizes and quality, lol... Add to that the lying and the passport and although I am not one to jump to conclusions- I suspect they did a good job in detaining him.

Wayne Co. jail is no joke- I am sure he is enjoying himself.
edit on 13-5-2013 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The suspicious thing isn't the pressure cooker itself, but the fact that he was traveling with a false passport, with a page torn out. When asked about the pressure cooker in his bag, he lied to the authorities. The pressure cooker is only adding more suspicion to his actions.

This just smells all around.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
He brought it along so he could cook his goose.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The thing about traveling with a pressure cooker just doesn't make sense. Think about it - if you are up to no good it would arouse lots less suspicion to just buy one when you get wherever you are going. If you are not up to no good - again, just buy one when you get to where you are going. Its like swimming with your lucky ham - it doesn't make sense.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Note also the pulling of the race card...

Dawud Walid, executive director of the Michigan chapter of the Council of American-Islamic Relations, urged caution.
"I hope that our government is not criminalizing people if they travel and have cooking items just because they are Muslim or come from the Muslim world,"

...completely ignoring the fact that the reason he got detailing in the first place was the altered passport.

link   
I have to agree that this is as suspicious as it can get, unless you just love your pressure cooker and do not like the american brands.

Still it just do not sound or look right anyway I hear or see it.

link   
I wonder if this guy is just a decoy... and is 'testing the waters' for something else.

It does seem odd though. Throw in the fake passport, and you got yourself a mystery.

But if I hear "Pressure-Cooker" one more time, I'm gonna blow my lid. Lol.

4th line.
edit on 13-5-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Whats so odd about this? I never leave home without my pressure cooker. It's attached to my car keys only because I couldn't close my wallet.

Oh yea this is fishy. If it's anything it screams diversion or test because after last month who would be that stupid?

edit on 13-5-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

Testing waters, hum, maybe, but with open borders who need to bring attention to themselves with a pressure cooker in an airplane if they have more nefarious plans.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Put a ban on muslim immigration in the U.S., and deport the ones that are here to their nation of origin and it'll solve most of these little terrorist attack problems. All theyre doing is bringing Viet Nam to the U.S., coming in here and setting up shop and getting to know highly populated low security areas forplanning future attacks. Jihad starts "peacefully", then once sufficient numbers have infiltrated target nation, they begin breeding like rabbits, setting up Sharia states and then the second stage Jihad begins which is infiltrating government and rewriting local laws to instill Sharia Law upon indigenous populations in increments.

It's the proverbial frog being boiled alive. Turn up the heat ever so slowly on a frog in a cookpot, and he'll never even know he's being cooked alive until he's dead and it's too late. Just take a look at Britain and Western Europe, over the last 30-40 years, the indigenous peoples are being bred and immigrated out and then one day they'll all wake up and their nation looks like Alexandria in Egypt with nonmuslim being murdered for refusing to kiss Allah's ass and 3rd stage Jihad has begun.
edit on 13-5-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Whats so odd about this? I never leave home without my pressure cooker. It's attached to my car keys only because I couldn't close my wallet.

Oh yea this is fishy. If it's anything it screams diversion or test because after last month who would be that stupid?

edit on 13-5-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

Maybe it was a diversion, maybe someone else was smuggling a bomb or something else through at the same time. He could have been a fall guy.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

"I hope that our government is not criminalizing people if they travel and have cooking items just because they are Muslim or come from the Muslim world,"

I'm not seeing many Christian, Catholic, Hinduism: 900 million....................................

Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
Buddhism: 376 million
primal-indigenous: 300 million
African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
Sikhism: 23 million
Juche: 19 million
Spiritism: 15 million
Judaism: 14 million
Baha'i: 7 million
Jainism: 4.2 million
Shinto: 4 million
Cao Dai: 4 million
Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
Tenrikyo: 2 million
Neo-Paganism: 1 million
Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
Scientology:

TERRORISTS????????????????

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I believe this entire incident is in preparation for a federal takeover of Motown...they just announced they are totally bankrupt and will no longer be able to meet the demands of their creditors...Feds will be moving in shortly...this is just the perfect excuse...

"Hello, this is the Feds...We heard you were broke...we have the answer...but it will cost you one armed soldier every twenty feet or so and some APC's running around in the streets..."
edit on 13-5-2013 by totallackey because: clarity

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Put a ban on muslim immigration in the U.S., and deport the ones that are here to their nation of origin and it'll solve most of these little terrorist attack problems.

What about the American Muslims?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The underwear bomber flew into Detroit Michigan too. They catch someone roasting their nuts then as the other poster said, this guy wants to cook his goose, what the what?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Looks like they are setting you all up again and you can't even read the hand writing on the wall. Altered passport, not being truthful, "Muslim" and a "pressure cooker" in Detroit Michigan airport. Please get a grip people, this smells of rotten fish. They have you all running around in circles waving you hands over your heads screaming over Muslims and pressure cookers. You've been had.

As one poster put it, maybe they are testing the waters, count on it and it passed. You already have people calling the police if they see someone with a water bottle, toy gun and now pressure cookers. Whats next, calling the police if someone has a bag of nappies?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
The thing about traveling with a pressure cooker just doesn't make sense. Think about it - if you are up to no good it would arouse lots less suspicion to just buy one when you get wherever you are going. If you are not up to no good - again, just buy one when you get to where you are going. Its like swimming with your lucky ham - it doesn't make sense.

This was my thought as well. However, I read the articles and the story this guy gave seems a little odd also. Though all things considered, believing you couldn't find a superior cooker in-country almost seems more plausible than someone bringing with them part of a terror / bomb plot, knowing they could have bought a cheap on in the country instead, and probably realizing this item would not remain hidden...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
A terrorist planning to use a pressure cooker would not bring one into the country, I would think. What a tip off.

This has to be twisted around but for what reason.

Although it could be a simple as the person thinking a Muslim wouldn't be able to purchase one now.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Sounds like one of those drills where they try to sneak a gun through to see if it will get caught...
and then throwing the "muslim" to the wolves for PR purposes
Or: probem reaction solution
Like the underwear bomber....
Now the government can buy those multimillion dollar pot detektors they want so bad....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join