It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ground control to Major Tom...(in real space!!!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Not much to say about this little pearl made in space by the Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield as a cover on David Bowies famous jam.

Enjoy and have a happy day

edit on 13-5-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Lol! Oh those NASA guys are cool.

They want people to connect to how amazing space flight is, however they can. They want people to understand its worth it, having themselves given their lives (they are smart folks who could be rich, but aren't) to science and advancement. WE HEAR YOU GUYS! ROCK ON!

I believe the human destiny is far greater than this little planet, I share that belief with them. I also believe this understanding can form a foundation for peace, the willingness for all of us to focus on greater things. I know they believe this too, and I'm with them on this.

Stay cool NASA, there's a lot of sad and troubling things in the world right now, but you guys aren't one of them.

PEACE SPACE FRIENDS!
-L

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
That is great! I bet David Bowie is over the moon about it.
Seriously nice video, so amazing to think how apt that song is, and it was released in 1969. Originally called "Space Oddity" Chris Hadfield's video brought to my mind Kubrick's movie also.
edit on 13-5-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Awesome
That just put a whole new perspective to a classic track.
Excellent find Thank you
SnF

Cody

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Excellent and fitting adieu from Chris Hadfield. He's done all humans proud and really connected with everyone. Is there anything that man cannot do?

top topics

join