It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, when was the last time you turned the other cheek?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by charles1952

You condemn the Bible...
Cut us a little slack on this one, Ok?

It's not just Christianity; all religions HAVE TO GO!

You are right. ALL RELEGIONS HAVE TO GO. You would have loved Jesus because he said the same thing. Let go of religion for just one second and listen with your heart. These words cannot convert you they can only help you understand how to let go of religion.

The things Jesus said.

There is only one God who created everything we see. Therefore, God should be considered the father of all men.

No one is righteous and no one can become righteous through religious dogma, not even the Jews. He said this 2000 years ago.

We are to love our family, friends, Neighbors and even our enemies.

We should always pursue peace even at the expense of sacrificing our own lives, because all men are to be considered our brothers, since there is only one father.

If we listen to Christ we can let go of all religion. He did not start a religion; he started more like a movement. Think to the 60's, a peace movement. The difference is Christ wasn't an oversexed drug addicted. He actually believed in love and allowed his brothers to hang him on a cross.

Why did they hang him on a cross? He told them religion is worthless. No one finds God by being religious. The way to find God is to love one another. They killed him because he said loving one another was not just more important than their religion, but rather the only thing that was important to the father.

I know the church doesn't say these things. And I know the average church taught Christian doesn't say these things.

But this is what Jesus said, isn't it time we end all religions? JESUS AND I AGREE WITH JIGGER, no more religion, no more separation, no more killing in the name of anyone for any reason.

Is that better Jigger? Not once did I say I think, or maybe, or possibly, or I imagine. I did not have to this time because this is the exact message that Jesus taught. I have no reason to guess, I know how to read.
edit on 13-5-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
jiggerj,

I will respond later. I'm sitting in a hospital waiting room, hoping that my younger daughter comes out of surgery soon. Pray for her will you.

Charles

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by NOTurTypical

No fear. I'm an atheist so I can't read the bible and interpret it in ways that show how it's okay to kill in the name of god or allah.

Neither can Christians. So what is the point?

Claiming that neither can Christians kill in the name of god is YOUR interpretation of the bible. How about the interpretation that allowed for the Christian Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition? How many wars have there been in just the last hundred years where this Christian god was on OUR side (no matter which side that is)?

Dude, ask the Catholics about that.

For the most part during the Inquisitions it was Christians being slaughtered by the RCC.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

It is impossible to kill in the name of love. Therefore it is impossible that anyone has ever been killed in the name of God. The word that best describes God's nature, love. God is love, killing is against God.

That makes absolutely no sense, especially when you read the OT. Even Abraham killed when he had to. You're confusing protecting ones family and friends versus committing murder and the Lord counted Abraham's faith for righteousness. Even king David killed people in time of war, send Uriah to his death because he was having sex with his wife and he a man after the Lord's own heart. True love is treating others the way you want to be treated, and giving them the gospel so that they might be saved. You always seem to have a problem equating Yeshua to the greek god of love Eros. When Yeshua returns do you think he's going to be smiling and painting rainbows in the air? I suggest you go read all of Psalm 118.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yes I do think it will be rainbows and unicorns. Both the OT and NT agree. A messianic age is coming; the age of love is coming according to the bible. Both the OT and NT agree, a 1000 year period with no war, famine or plague. I didn't make anything up this is what the bible clearly says after the antichrist is revealed. The anti Christ is religion since it causes separation. There is only one God we are all brothers. The messianic age is the realization that to love one another is the only religion acceptable to anyone. Nothing but love can save us from ourselves.

What you have been taught about end time prophecy simply isn’t true. We have been handed the interpretation of prophesy by the church that slaughtered Christians. Why would you accept their interpretation of the prophesy. They are the ones who made "Original Sin" a religion, that would make them the anti-Christ dressed as an angel of light.

The wars have happened, there may be one more but I think it is a war of words that leads to peace not a war fought with weapons. I am not certain of this yet, there could still be one more terrible war to come. But I think the last military war that is spoken of in Revelation is WW2. I then think we were to go through a tribulation where there would be some small scale wars and rumors of the next WW3.

I don't think we fight WW3, I believe we find peace first. Like I said this is not a prophesy just my opinion of the scripture.

The key to understanding why the Jews believe in the Messianic age as an earthly age of peace is found in Daniel. I don't remember where exactly but it’s a short book. One more note if I am correct. The prophesy in Daniel talks about 4 times periods. Jesus, the Inquisition, Modern war time (Napoleon WW1 & WW2, and Today. The prophesy in Revelations talks about 3 times. The Roman Era including the Roman Catholic Church and the baptism/Mark ending with Hitler. Modern war times (Napoleon, WW1 & WW2) And the 1000 year reign of Christ.

Like I said I could be wrong but that is how it reads to me. I think the bible predicts an age of love and peace on earth. Even if you don't agree should we not all pitch in to see if it is possible? The bible says when two or more come together in the spirit of love, the spirit of love is present. Jesus is the Holy Spirit, he said whatever we ask for in his name, the love of man, the spirit of love, that we would receive. I am asking for peace, I believe that if anyone gives an amen then peace must come. If not to all at least to those who are willing to pray for love. Why would all not be willing to pray for love?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join