It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, My name is Rival and I am a musician

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
After four years here (and inspired by recent posters who have shared their art) here is
some of mine...

Disclaimer: I am above fifty years old now--so it takes the correct amount of Jack Daniels (for
courage,) the correct amount of tobacco (to keep my hands from shaking,) and the correct amount
of pollen in the air (to keep my nose from closing, to sing) to do this. So be kind

Just kidding....be honest. I hope someone enjoys this.

I shouldn't drink and post/sing...but...I wish I could recall the second verse....alas

This is live in the room thru a Zoom camera made for recording live performance

Once again a song I wrote years ago called 'Never Say Die'

edit on 12-5-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

WOAH!!!

I honestly clicked the link to your post just to see how crap the song would be. I expected crap because youtube is filled with sub-par players who record themselves just like you did.

That was soooooo good. I love both the composition and your performance of it. You have a really good voice and your guitar playing projects emotion. It goes beyond technique and is something that I strive towards in my own playing. In my dreams I will reach your level of talent by the time I'm your age.

I ripped it off youtube and am looping it now and jamming to it. By sunrise I shall be annoying my neighbors with my loud singing, but I'm not half the singer you are. Thank you for sharing that!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Slugworth

Wow, I was just hoping somebody would say it sounded okay...Thank you very much...

I just recalled the darned second verse...too late I guess...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Congrats Sir, thats an awesome performance piece! I heard Triumph a few seconds in - went to your channel and sho'nuff that was the influence for the style of this song.
Your voice is superb; matches the art in your guitar work.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Never too late. Very nice. I'm looking forward to hearing more of your work.

Subscribed to you your Youtube.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I was more impressed with your voice (not that the guitar work was bad by any means).

It's rare to hear the right kind of voice for the music, so credit there.

Didn't Ozzie Osbourne have a hit once called Never Say Die?

CX

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well as a fellow guitarist and someone who wishes he could sing half as good as you, huge thumbs up.

Loved everything about it.

Takes some courage to perform to anyone, even if it is going out from behind a camera. Nice one.

CX.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Thank you. I work 70 hours a week, so I've not much energy for this...but I'll try to update something
every week...A request would be cool...I'm more comfortable playing cover tunes

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

Thx for the honest opinion, and...

Yes, I just realized when I tried to search youtube for my song that there are a lot of bands with
a song called Never Say Die

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Dude, my hand was shaking....I've been playing music for years, but I've never been a performer.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rival
You should be doing this for a living!

I hope some day you are not so busy and get to work more on your stuff!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Really good stuff.
I was going to ask about Triumph, but then I went over to your channel, and sure enough!

So, make some more videos then?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Since you're taking requests, are you into some older Black Crowes?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

I can do "Talks to Angels"....gimme a week or so...thx for the request. Gives me some motivation

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Thanks! Thats the tune I was thinking of, a beaut on the guitar, too. Rich wrote that when he was around 18 or something--
(Since this is a conspiracy site gonna toss in how Hollywood 'infiltrated' the Crowes... Chris was talking about reading Bill Cooper's Ride A Pale Horse, back in interviews in the early 90s... and then along came Kate... )

Thanks for sharing your artistry. Looking forward to more. Good music always good for the soul.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

I just recall them being at the forefront of "The substance that shall not be named" movement and I really
enjoyed their take on it, and their music. I always wondered how he "pulled" Kate--such a babe!

Anyway, I'm working out the kinks. I forgot this was two guitars and one in an alternate tuning...
It sounds kinda thin right now, but I'm working on it.

Again thx for the request...

new topics

top topics

join