It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas pump prank turns couple into internet sensation.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This is great!

We’ve all gotten used to those ubiquitous pump-topping TV screens that scream inane chatter at us while we wait for our hilariously overpriced gas to top up. But what if one of them started talking directly at you? Such is the nature of this "Tonight Show" prank, in which a talking head on a gas pump screen charmingly bantered with Will Sims. Sims took the prank in-stride (we would have screamed "Big Brother is watching!" and fled the scene) and then, with the help of his wife, Monifa, the couple dipped into some impromptu karaoke with more charisma and musical talent than an episode of "American Idol." Well played, guys! People — the best thing about the world.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Um, this is pretty darned good!

Big smile, and a few tears in the eyes, thanks!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

You are welcome!

I really thought his was pretty darn cool...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yep, it wont be long before there's a camera on everything and we'll all be saying how wonderful it is.
Sorry but I see these "Pranks" as carriers, they introduce this stuff and teach us to laugh when we should be getting angry.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

"Doesn't everyone do karaoke?" LOL Yeah, he was a good singer, a good sport and a free tank of nastily taxed gas is always a good motivation. It made me smile bigtime in any case.
I wish I had (musical) friends like that! I could play my bass badly to make them sound even better.... ahem.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well if you can be embarrassed by your spouse, laugh and love afterwards...It's all good in my World. )

Peace

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Might I venture a guess in the getting laid recently scale for you?

Sorry, dude, just um...lighten up, perhaps just a tad, a smidgeon or a um....yeah, another of those old-fashioned words that means small. A little? Yeah, lighten up a little. Please, it's weekend and some of us like to laugh at the weekend. Well, not at, more on, I think. Oh never mind.....

ETA Iota was the word.I was thinking of.

edit on 11/5/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
While Big Brother is creeping upon us with it's inevitable reality it is the things like this that make me not go insane.

Maybe that will be the new lottery. Instead of fearing cameras everyone will start performing for them in the hope of being the next YouTube millionaire. Some people will be funny some people will go to jail. Funny thing is that I have no fear of a camera on every street. I fear people being nabbed for posting bull# on Facebook far more.

Cameras catch crime and help bust criminals. The idiot posting ambiguous wanna be rapper threats on Facebook and going to jail I fear far more. The child getting suspended for playing cops and robber I fear more.

Cameras are not the problem. Abuse of children and thought crimes scare the hell out of me.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
LMAO! Right, on. Great post!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

There always has to be that ONE person in a feel good thread to try and find the bad in it..

Congrats!!! you are that ONE person!!!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Might I venture a guess in the getting laid recently scale for you?

When you get to my age getting laid is something you fear

And I happily admit I didn't even watch the vid, I didn't need to. I note your a Brit too so I ask, have you not noticed the number of such vids etc that teach us to laugh when we should really be getting angry?

Not a vid but just take a look at - Have I got news for you - a tv program to do just what I'm referring too, teach us to laugh when we should be getting angry.

My local council has just announced its going to update its cctv with 300 new cameras, all of them pointed at US!
Now if they were to place them in the council offices so we could watch them! I might not be so anti camera.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Thank you, I feel honored

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Lmfao!!

Awesome video!
S&F OP! I loveeee how her husband did all the back up singing in 'sweet dreams'
Ahahahahaha. So so good!!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Yep, it wont be long before there's a camera on everything and we'll all be saying how wonderful it is.
Sorry but I see these "Pranks" as carriers, they introduce this stuff and teach us to laugh when we should be getting angry.

Lol, dude.
I get what you are saying about the invasion of privacy with all the cams. But really, if I got a free tank of gas I wouldn't be mad, haha. you should give up a few minutes, because this video will make you crack a smile (at minimum).

So please, I know you said you didn't watch it. So I suggest you just watch it

edit on 11-5-2013 by kathael because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Really, you had to go there? You can' just appreciate a funny gag, the love between a couple and two people that are the epitome of a happy couple (able to have fun and laugh at themselves...)

We really had to turn this into a discussion about Big Brother?

When the chips fall... It will be because people are waiting for it... When the rest of it is lost, people will forget that it was the fun stuff like this that staved it off...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Thanks Boncho!

Funny video for sure..

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
We should get back to people watching this video ..

and having a good laugh on a Saturday afternoon...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Sign those two to a contract! Forget Amerian Idol!!!!!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

LOL...

really!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

When you get to my age getting laid is something you fear

And I happily admit I didn't even watch the vid, I didn't need to. I note your a Brit too so I ask, have you not noticed the number of such vids etc that teach us to laugh when we should really be getting angry?

Not a vid but just take a look at - Have I got news for you - a tv program to do just what I'm referring too, teach us to laugh when we should be getting angry.

My local council has just announced its going to update its cctv with 300 new cameras, all of them pointed at US!
Now if they were to place them in the council offices so we could watch them! I might not be so anti camera.

OK, fair enough, I am probably your age too judging by your tone. Getting laid is the last thing on my mind too! ROFL

Have I Got News For You, used to be one of the few TV progs I used to watch and you are indeed right but hey, the world's a mess, nobody gives a #, unless you touch their car. What can we do? Rioting would probably be the 1st best step, but after that people would become complacent and we would land right back in the same convoluted mess again in no time....

Suicide is always an option I suppose but where's the fun in that?

edit on 11/5/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: Context

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join