It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swarm of Lights Appear Over Argentina and Chile And Is Filmed From Six Cameras.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Didn't they wait on Molczan's results, too?

No, actually, Jim, they took Molczan's word for it from you and your contact with Molczan.

Tip o’ the probe to my friend and space historian James Oberg for alerting me to this, and to the folks (including Ted Molczan) at the SatObs SeeSat forum for the quick work identifying the debris.

www.slate.com...

No?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
bybyots.. Did you call yet?

Give me any # I'll call em up right now and report to this thread.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
As more and more people are carrying cameras these types of videos are going to be showing up quite often. As the quality of the camera equipment increases, the quality of the images will increase.

As many others have said, I think that the lights are part of one object. I'd love to think that the object is extraterrestrial, but I'm afraid that maybe wishful thinking without some positive proof. I'm sure that eventually the smoking gun video will show up. The problem is I hope it's recognized buried in the plethora of hoaxes that are coming out due to the digital photography age.

Until that time, we just have to keep looking up, camera in hand.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

www.orbital.com...

You're brave, dude.

I'm thinking that Mark Pieczynski is the guy that we want to ask.

Thank you.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I am just pinging this response - thank you SO MUCH for clarifying and describing what we are seeing. This is hopefully an education to everyone, and shows us just how our brains works and how often we can be mistaken. I had thought it was a large kite with LEDs (we've seen that before of course).

And let's please not prattle on - instead let's simply learn from a person who actually KNOWS what "formation holding swarms" actually look like.

It kinda makes us all look stupid LOL...

askbaby

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Even after an explanation has been given..the ufo nutters still believe this to be other worldly...ugh reeking of desperation.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
So it hasn't been officially confirmed yet?

Ooohh! The plot thickens.

I'm sure that this is good press for the disclosure project, and being they just had a press conference, and is making such a big stink about youtube posting it up freely ...

It begs the question... was this press conference timed for this event and channels are being asked to delay confirmation to
sales?

There's a realistic conspiracy for ya..

Cirque

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I presently suspect that it has more to do with this...

What this new analysis offers is, for the first time in the history of ufology, the opportunity to assess eyewitness perception in a pseudo-controlled experiment, or mega-laboratory, setting. The full nature of the visual stimulus can be defined, and the range of eyewitness reports can be assessed.

As the 1963 Kiev report showed, people watching bright shallow-angle fireball swarms [in that case, the Kosmos-30 booster reentry, although the report's authors never knew that] see either separate fireballs in formation, or a highly fanciful large [hand size at arm's length, or bigger] structure with lights ON it and jet streams trailing it. They also, for reasons not clear to me, sometimes see 'searchlights' projecting in front of the apparition.

The data is trying to teach us something we can all agree on. It won't solve the big problem, but it may show a course out of the bickering and squabbling over unverifiable assumptions that has been the norm for decades.

-Jim Oberg

I agree that this event provides a unique opportunity and that this episode will likely leave a mark on ufology.

It is the 'mega-laboratory' aspect of ufology that interests me the most.

I'll just leave it at that for the moment.

Stand-by for a stand-by, definite possibility of a maybe.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well, I talked to Mark's secretary.

She referred me to another gentleman.

I have 60 secs of audio of the first call. Not sure how to imbed it. (HELP) I totally forgot how WinSoundRecorder has a 60 max >.<

EPIC FAIL part 1

LOL.. John Simmons, who the hell is that? NOT ME

edit on 13-5-2013 by sticky because: (no reason given)

(audio of the first call)

I took it down, I might be partially anonymous here on ATS, I may be the next missing person on ATS or even sued for posting it. (TKS Jim)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sticky
Well, I talked to Mark's secretary.

She referred me to another gentleman.

I have 60 secs of audio of the first call. Not sure how to imbed it. (HELP) I totally forgot how WinSoundRecorder has a 60 max >.<

EPIC FAIL part 1

LOL.. John Simmons, who the hell is that? NOT ME

You got farther than I could. The overall cluelessness there is shocking.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I'm using the Alias John Simmons of Isitnews.net im going to call this other guy right now and record this with a better sound recorder program.. gonna set it up and call soon

I'm sooo cracking up because I wasn't prepared for that phone call at all... LOL This one, I'm ready for.

I got a voice mail for the guy. I didn't leave a message. I'll try back later, but the secretary in that first sound file after it cuts off told me he was a some kind of PR guy. I forget the title she used. but she did mention the Ardellous project linking him to that.

This is my first bit of investigative journalism. It's kind of fun.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I'm using the Alias John Simmons of Isitnews.net im going to call this other guy right now and record this with a better sound recorder program.. gonna set it up and call soon

I'm sooo cracking up because I wasn't prepared for that phone call at all... LOL This one, I'm ready for.

do you have to ask permission to record a telecon in your state? Be careful of the Feds.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Well, I can see. There's clearly a solid object there with lights of various colors around a geometric perimeter. It's moving too slowly, also.

Any video of actual space debris in a "flat trajectory" moving slowly I've seen shows the debris at an altitude of 10KM or more. As you should know something that appears to be moving slowly at that altitude would flash by in the blink of an eye if it were cruising by at less than 1000 feet.

Something moving that slowly actually at or near 1000 feet? Not space debris, especially not a still intact, power and lights on one that changes course.

I think you're just taking the piss on this one, seriously. This has to be joke, right? May as well call it a giant bird if we're going to just come up with project Blue Book style explanations. "Oh, here's a video of a bird flying right to left, therefore it must be a big bird. With lights up it's ass".

I think you maybe should have just ignored this one completely vs. doing the space debris thing, dude.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

do you have to ask permission to record a telecon in your state? Be careful of the Feds.

You have a really good point. I should take the file down. As long as I don't use names I can't see how I'd be indicted, but nonetheless, good point.

I think you got me freaked out. I'll give you the name and number of the person she referenced me, if you want it in a PM. My investigative journalism ends here. I'm gonna go back to reading and posting in the IDIOT threads now.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

You have a really good point. I should take the file down. As long as I don't use names I can't see how I'd be indicted, but nonetheless, good point.

Don't flinch. All you have to do is inform him at the start that you are recording. If he's talking as an official rep, he's got to say yes, and you're covered.

Works for me.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Well, I can see. There's clearly a solid object there with lights of various colors around a geometric perimeter. It's moving too slowly, also.

Lots of rational, level-headed people also interpret it that way. But in cases that I think i've documented, sometimes they are wrong. The 1963 Kiev mass sighting, for example.

Some witnesses drew fireball swarms:
files.abovetopsecret.com... " target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Some drew sharp-edged structured objects:

They were watching the SAME thing cross the sky.

I'm just suggesting it's POSSIBLE your mind 'saw' the same misimpression.

Any video of actual space debris in a "flat trajectory" moving slowly I've seen shows the debris at an altitude of 10KM or more. As you should know something that appears to be moving slowly at that altitude would flash by in the blink of an eye if it were cruising by at less than 1000 feet.

How do you estimate that altitutde of 1000 to 10,000 feet? The typical altitude for shallow-angle fireball activity, as confirmed in other cases by multiple widely-separeted observers, is 60 miles or so. Why can't this swarm be that high?

Something moving that slowly actually at or near 1000 feet? Not space debris, especially not a still intact, power and lights on one that changes course.

Agreed, if your altitutde estimate is accurate. How do you justify that estimate?

I think you're just taking the piss on this one, seriously. This has to be joke, right? May as well call it a giant bird if we're going to just come up with project Blue Book style explanations. "Oh, here's a video of a bird flying right to left, therefore it must be a big bird. With lights up it's ass".

Lots of people think so, you're not alone. But I suggest the facts as I've presented them are closer to reality than your 'estimates'. Please argue the facts first, then we'll dispute the interpretation.

I think you maybe should have just ignored this one completely vs. doing the space debris thing, dude.

Just the opposite. I couldn't have asked for a better prepared intellectual battlefield. Open your mind to the possibility that a LOT of what you believe to be true, may not be.

edit on 13-5-2013 by JimOberg because: add images

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Did we watch the same videos? Did you watch ALL of the videos, start to finish?

There were multiple videos taken of the event, some much clearer than others and if we're accepting the videos posted are indeed the correct ones taken of the same event then yes, the object was within 1 mile of the camera at an altitude of 1000 feet or less.

Like I said, I can't tell you absolutely what it is but I can tell it's not space debris, swamp gas, the planet Venus or a big bird w/ x-mas lights up it's butt.

Either one of us is watching videos the other isn't or only watching part of one video would be my guess, based on the videos I've watched which as far as I know no one is disputing as being valid I don't see how you could possibly claim that's space junk flying by. Something just doesn't add up here.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Mr. Oberg?

Jim, thanks again.

You have made this thread better than Halloween.

No matter how it comes out in the end, this has been a a great experience and a lot of fun so far.

Have a good Monday.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I hate to solve this for you guys, but that's a luxury cruise liner from Zeta 1 Scorpii. Those tourist pay big bucks to come see the terran light show.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

channels are being asked to delay confirmation to sales?

Hey Cirque,

You are probably very close to being correct here.

I can think of no other reason for Orbital Sciences to have posted nothing since May 6th on their press release page, considering all of the hubbub.

I am sure that this 'event' has prodded to life a whole ecology of microeconomies, academic, financial and otherwise. And they have been suffering a great dry spell, so....

...yeah, seems like it is being strung out; but then again, it's not my industry.
edit on 13-5-2013 by Bybyots because:

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join