It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Hezbollah chief: Syria will supply ‘game-changing’ weapons to the Lebanese milita

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just noticed this Breaking on Twiter via the @AP

BREAKING: Hezbollah chief: Syria will supply 'game-changing' weapons to the Lebanese militant group. The Associated Press (@AP

More can be found bellow:-

www.boston.com...

Not much more to add yet as it is a Breaking story.

I think this is Syrias way of Retaliating against Israel for the Aitstrike they launched near Damascus.

If the above story reported by AP is true this could be a real game changer.

edit on 9-5-2013 by jroduk because: Edited Link

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Busted link mate

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think that Syria was trying to supply the Hezzies with anti aircraft missiles.....thats why Israel hit them so hard.
I think the place they hit was a major transfer point and stockpile for the Hezzies in the first place....
Israel has a right to fear the missiles and chemical weapons that Syria could supply the Hez.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Thanks for the heads up I have changed the link

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jroduk

I think this is Syrias way of Retaliating against Israel for the Aitstrike they launched near Damascus.

So......... Israel was right, Syria was going to arm Hezbollah with more advanced weapons. Gotta love Mossad's intel on stuff like this. They always seem to be one step ahead.

Bashir Assad is going to end up either in exile in Iran or strung up hanging in Damascus. It's just a matter of time.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I've been looking for this since you posted it and it's reported all over...but only a short paragraph. I hope more comes out and fairly soon.

What could Hezbollah be thinking?? Just days after Israel strikes them for the publicly stated reason of stopping weapons transfers to Hezbollah in Lebanon, they come out and say Syria is going to transfer MORE advanced weapons? This is totally without logic on any level.

If they WANT those weapons, 'operational security' would be life and death to actually getting them...as opposed to getting a smoking hole where the convoy or plane carrying them used to be. This smells like a taunt and a trap to sucker Israel into more rash action, in hopes of forcing Syrian allies into this fight from outside the immediate area.

I hope Israel doesn't take the big chunk of cheese....I think there is one hell of a breaker bar sitting on a real tight spring, right behind it.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
i think since Russia's U-Turn on Assad, now the Assad's regime knows its days are counted..there is no word from Iran to my knowledge if support will be given...will the regime step down without a fight?

i dont think so..

i am expecting more Israeli attacks with statements like these...or more arming of the rebels

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
More information....

Nasrallah: Syria will provide Hezbollah with 'game-changing' weapons
In televised speech, Hezbollah leader says his group would support Syrian effort to recapture Golan Heights from Israel.

Hezbollah chief Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah said Thursday that Syria would supply his organization with 'game-changing weapons' in response to recent air raids near Damascus, which foreign news sources said were carried out by the Israel Air Force.

According to the Daily Star, Nasrallah said Israel sought to achieve two objectives through the strikes: neutralize Syria in terms of the Israeli-Arab conflict, and prevent Hezbollah from building up its arsenal.

In response to alleged Israeli strikes, Nasrallah added, Damascus would provide the Lebanese resistance group with sophisticated weapons that it has not received in the past. He also said Hezbollah would support any group seeking to target Israel in the occupied Golan Heights.

The Hezbollah leader emphasized that his forces would support any Syrian effort to recapture the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights.

Read more here:-
www.haaretz.com...

What I am a little concerened about is if Isreal catch wind of arms being transfured to Hezbollah then they will launch another strick and Syria has vowed to Retaliate imediatly to any more airstrikes on there country from Israel. Looks like Syria are going to test Israel.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I think that Syria was trying to supply the Hezzies with anti aircraft missiles.....thats why Israel hit them so hard.
I think the place they hit was a major transfer point and stockpile for the Hezzies in the first place....
Israel has a right to fear the missiles and chemical weapons that Syria could supply the Hez.

surface-to-surface.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This sounds like Syria will change hands soon. Assad should take his family and scoot it out of there, into exile in Iran or somewhere. But he probably won't, and at least his life insurance policies should be paid in full if his accountant is doing the job right.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Could you provide an article claiming this U-turn of Russia? Russia is playing a double sided deck here. Don't forget the meeting from china in Russia, which got little to no attention here on ATS.

www.voanews.com...

Edit: Note the date on which this meeting happened
And then think what happend that day which got far more attention. Almost as if planned.
Russia is making alliances with china, Syria and Iran.

My My what interesting times we live in!
edit on 9-5-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I think the world has had enough of Israels crap, Israel is about to get Gang Rushed and bombed back to the "Old Testament" age.... It's about time.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
and Russia is giving weapons to Syria:

online.wsj.com...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

So......... Israel was right, Syria was going to arm Hezbollah with more advanced weapons. Gotta love Mossad's intel on stuff like this. They always seem to be one step ahead.

Bashir Assad is going to end up either in exile in Iran or strung up hanging in Damascus. It's just a matter of time.

Nicely tried to spin the facts...

The weapons to Hezbollah is a RETALIATION for the agression of illegal war that the terrorist apartheid rule of Israel commited.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice

Originally posted by pavil

Nicely tried to spin the facts...

The weapons to Hezbollah is a RETALIATION for the agression of illegal war that the terrorist apartheid rule of Israel commited.

Really??? So all of a sudden Syria, who just happened to have these EXTRA advanced weapons laying around, not being used, in the middle of a civil war, just decided AFTER Israel takes out one arms cache headed for Hezbollah, to now publicly arm Hezbollah. Puhleeeze.

What flavor kool-aid do you drink with your rose colored glasses?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

What I am a little concerened about is if Isreal catch wind of arms being transfured to Hezbollah then they will launch another strick and Syria has vowed to Retaliate imediatly to any more airstrikes on there country from Israel. Looks like Syria are going to test Israel.

Every time Syria has done anything in a retaliatory manner, they are the ones who pay the price militarily. Israel doesn't really believe in proportional responses when it's neighbors attack them.

The last time Syria did something like that, here is the price they paid:

Reports of what happened next vary. It is generally accepted that in the course of the first attack against the Bekaa an 9 June 1982, the IAF destroyed 17 of the 19 Syrian SAM batteries and their radar sites, as well as 29 Syrian Air Force (SAF) fighters, without loss.15 The following day, the IAF destroyed the remaining two missile batteries. The SAF once more challenged the Israelis and lost approximately 35 more aircraft, again without downing an Israeli aircraft. By the end of July, Syria had lost at least 87 aircraft, while Israeli losses amounted to a few helicopters, one RF-4E, and an A-4 Skyhawk downed by a PLO SA-7.16

Source

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
reply to post by heineken

Could you provide an article claiming this U-turn of Russia? Russia is playing a double sided deck here. Don't forget the meeting from china in Russia, which got little to no attention here on ATS.

www.voanews.com...

Edit: Note the date on which this meeting happened
And then think what happend that day which got far more attention. Almost as if planned.
Russia is making alliances with china, Syria and Iran.

My My what interesting times we live in!
edit on 9-5-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

did u even read the article you posted ??

ithink not..

the meeting was only held because china got a new president..AND..after the meeting..China agreed upon non nuclear North Korea..in fact they stopped financing North Korea's war machine (China reduces banking lifeline to N Korea) and Russia agreed with the West that the Assad Regime must leave Syria (Russia, U.S. agree to push both Syria sides to end conflict)

and you ask me to provide an article lol...

from your article...

Mr. Putin said he was grateful Mr. Xi had made Russia his first foreign destination as president and called Russian-Chinese relations "a paramount factor of world politics."

Western analysts are framing the visit to Russia as an effort by Beijing to boost shared strategic and business interests. China's official Xinhua news agency says the two countries are expected to strike deals on boosting oil trade and building a natural gas pipeline linking the two countries.

The two countries are also closely aligned diplomatically, with Beijing following Moscow's lead on the U.N. Security Council in opposing outside intervention in Syria's bloody civil war. Russia, in turn, has followed China's lead on North Korea, as the Council presses Pyongyang to end its push for nuclear weapons.

there is nothing bad here

edit on 9-5-2013 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
and Russia is giving weapons to Syria:

online.wsj.com...

Israel said that...

U.S. officials said on Wednesday that they are analyzing the information Israel provided about the suspected sale of S-300 missile batteries to Syria, but wouldn't comment on whether they believed such a transfer was near.

now this is something we need to worry about..those israelis seems want war at any cost ><

1st chemical weapons used by assad regime..now this

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I stared your post not because that I think that Israel is on the right (if there can be clearly a right or wrong here, but Israel has an history of bad behavior and even war crimes and in the Syrian case it is the offender as are the Anglo-American interests in the region), but because you are correct I can not envision a way out for Assad.

He will lose in any scenario even if the Russians manage to keep him or his regime in power something that previous operations showed that they probably will not be have the clout to, like in Libya. They will try to support Syria regime as far as they can make profitable deals out of it, much like in Iraq)

I think no one can argue that the Mossad is one of the most effective intelligence agencies in the world (mostly because of they create their own relevance) but that is especially true in that region of the world, there is no dispute, even if lately the Anglo-Americans have started to prop up the other side a bit also, like the Saudi intelligence and Qatar. Heck Mossad even runs large spy operations against the US with impunity and we all know how little came out of the false passport fiasco and other failed or detected operations. Most people forget that Israel is not "normal" democratic society but a militaristic society that is streamlined towards its defense and pursuit of very specific goals...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
who is hezbollah? what game is everyone playing that needs changing?

and syria? who the hell is syria? lebanese militia? whos that?

out of site out of mind. for all i know this is all a big #ing dream that ends badly for groups with names. why the # should I care? huh? why?

I need a cheeseburger. I like apples. The grass is green. Oh look over there! Randy Jacksons leaving american idol!
awesomeeeee

new topics

top topics

join