It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trinitarians are Polytheists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The following are polytheistic sayings, not compatible with one God, that trinitarians on this board have said to me:

1. "Genesis 1:26 is evidence of more than one creator."

2. "Trinity is three separate entities."

3. "Stephen saw Jesus physically sitting next to the Father."

And before you say it... That I mentioned three of your statements is not proof of God being a trinity.

Trinitarians are polytheists. Wake up from your brainwashing.
edit on 9-5-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
No, we are not.

The Trinity is the most relevant and important belief that Christians hold. The mission work of St. Patrick shows us why.

The legend of St. Patrick says that he used the three leaf clover to explain the Trinity to the people of Ireland. As the clover has three distinct leaves but is only one piece of clover so also God has three distinct persons while remaining one God. (Source)

The fact that you are incapable of understanding something does not invalidate it. No Trinitarian is a polytheist, because the Doctrine of the Trinity explicitly rejects polytheism.

It is laughable that you accuse others of being brainwashed, when you belong to a "church" that is pretty much universally accepted as being a cult, controlling everything from who may watch television, whether women can speak in church or cut their hair, what shirts a man must wear, and condemns everyone outside of your own little group to hell.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

The LDS (Mormons) are, but you will not hear that from them...

edit on 9-5-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

According to the statements made, they are polytheist.

I would not think that a brainwashed person would be a good source on whether or not another religion is a "cult".

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
reply to post by truejew

As are the LDS (Mormons) but you will not hear that from them...

Very true and very sad. With them you also hear stories of people being hurt for attempting to leave. I have also heard similar stories of the Catholic Church. Although, not as many.
edit on 9-5-2013 by truejew because: Fixed spelling

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Shhhh don't rock the boat. They've spent centuries explaining how three is actually one.

Actually, when I think about it, there is no point arguing over this. You can't bring logic into religion. All you need to do is believe in something and it becomes the truth for you.
edit on 9-5-2013 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I'm curious as to what your understand of the referenced scripture is. What or who did Stephen see in his vision?
edit on 9-5-2013 by drivers1492 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

. . . not compatible with one God, that trinitarians on this board have said . . .

I agree with the basic premise that what we are dealing with in the Trinity is in fact three individual gods, no matter how much philosophy is thrown in to try to explain it away.
I did for a long time have a problem with the idea of a trinity, with the objection based on my earlier understanding that we as Christians should recognize the claims for God written into the Old Testament.

Anyway, thanks for making this thread, which moves this discussion from the "Protestant Disinformation" thread. Pthena made a good comment on there that asks if the claims made for Yahweh in Isaiah are true, then does it disqualify Him from being the New Testament God who is the Father of Jesus, if Jesus is in fact given deity status, as the son of God.
edit on 9-5-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

reply to post by truejew

As are the LDS (Mormons) but you will not hear that from them...

Very true and very sad. With them you also hear stories of people being hurt for attempting to leave. I have also heard similar stories of the Catholic Church. Although, not as many.
edit on 9-5-2013 by truejew because: Fixed spelling

Sad how? I guess from the stand point of not accepting being polytheistic and owning it? But even the ancient Greeks believed in the Monad

Maybe I am misunderstanding your point. To me God could be as big as a mountain or as small as an ant, 3 people, 300 people or just one, because...well it's God. Anyone who tells you differently is trying to put God in a human shaped box confining the powers of the almighty...

Much of the bible makes it very clear there is more than one force at work in the opening of Genesis 1:26 "Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492
reply to post by truejew

I'm curious as to what your understand of the referenced scripture. What or who did Stephen see in his vision?

Right hand means power and authority. Jesus sitting on the right hand of God means that He had the power and authority of God.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

So Stephen saw Jesus sitting next to god..... I fail to see the issue your trying to bring up with that. Would you mind elaborating.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Much of the bible makes it very clear there is more than one force at work in the opening of Genesis 1:26 "Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image

The Bible, even God Himself, says that there is only one God, or force as you called Him.

In Genesis 1:26 we see God speaking to the angels. In verse 27 we see God alone, a singular "he" did the actual creating. This has been the Jewish teaching on Genesis 1:26 for thousands of years.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492
reply to post by truejew

So Stephen saw Jesus sitting next to god..... I fail to see the issue your trying to bring up with that. Would you mind elaborating.

No, Stephen saw Jesus sitting in the position of power and authority of God. Any other explanation is in disagreement with the many Scriptures that say there is one God.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by truejew

Anyway, thanks for making this thread, which moves this discussion from the "Protestant Disinformation" thread.

Your welcome. It would be nice if NOTurTypical would see that I am trying to do the right thing by moving it, but I am not going to count on that to happen.

edit on 9-5-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Ok so your saying jesus is god not the son of god. Hows exactly do you wipe all the son of god references out? I understand your stance of one god and from my reading I agree but I do think the story is clear that jesus was god's son. The vision of stephen states that he saw god or the glory of god(depending on translations) and jesus to his/its right hand (in the position of power). That in no way says there is multiple gods.

Give you an analogy of how im understanding the jesus god relationship. I live on a cattle farm. It is owned by my father. I have full control and authority of this farm including finances yet I am not the owner. Pop also has this control and authority yet we are in agreement. From my reading this applies perfectly to the father/son relationship of god and jesus and in no way implies that god is not singular in his position at the top simply delegation.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Your welcome. It would be nice if NOTurTypical would see that I am trying to do the right thing by moving it, but I am not going to count on that to happen.
He was saying that you should post on a existing thread on the Trinity.
I disagree and think that you have a particular view that does not fit other thread titles even if they are in general about the Trinity.
Your ideas should be in a thread of your own, if they are peculiar to yourself among the members currently posting on this sub-forum, in my opinion.
I should say something on topic.

Wake up from your brainwashing.
Brainwashing that trinitarianism is actually a form of monotheism, or brainwashing that there is in fact a such thing as a Trinity? Or maybe you mean both, and people should believe that no one other than a single person can be considered a god.
Jesus pointed out in the Gospel of John that "you are gods" is in the Old Testament, so that would mean that there are lots of gods and it is no big deal to make someone as obviously divine as Jesus one too.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
“One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?” “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” (read Acts 17:22-31; 1 Corinthians 8:4-6)

Imagen if you would heaven where God is seated and he's up there and we are down here and quite a long distance between God and us, how does he talk to us?

Through prophets like Adam. Noah. Abraham, Moses and we know that God spoke to Moses in the desert through a burning brush and I find it odd that God can speak with voice louder than thunder and no man can take. He lowered his voice so that human ears can handle his voice. God spoke to Abraham through an angel and lowered himself so he can speak with man, read Genesis 18 and see that one of the three was the Lord.

Hebrews 1:1-3

God’s Final Word: His Son

1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Jesus is the light of all things created and what better way to speak to human's was to speak through Christ and so much better than a voice in a bush or book. That's just the beginning and again I presented you a glimpse into God and Jesus and from John 1:1-3

The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Man is limited with the understanding of heavenly things because no one has ever been to heaven except the son of man. In the same way the sun gives light so does Jesus and because the word became flesh so he can speak to us in a much closer sense.

“I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven — the Son of Man.”

Before it felt like the God was billions of miles away and we have no way to get their and speak to him personally and like us who have no way to get to the sun because it's too far and we would burn up before we would even get close enough, God is like this Exodus 33:20 God said to Moses: “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”

I am not saying he is the sun but I used it to explain how difficult it is too speak with him and with Jesus he became the light of the world for human between the father and us. What comes with light is heat and you can maybe call it the force or power and energy and I know why you question and you are a smart person and it's never how much you know but how you grow and without that missing piece you will never understand for it says.

Corinthians 2:14

“The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

Pray to the father, that he may open your eye's and send the gift of the Holy spirit through Christ and you will begin to understand my friend.

Matthew 21:22
And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”
Matthew 21:21-23

Matthew 7-8

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you: 8 For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
No.
Fail.
Incorrect.
Not a true statement.
Do not add to the effort to divide God's people.
Hopefully that is enough lines of commentary.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

The holy spirit is with everyone on earth if they seek her. Jesus sent her to us when he went to his father. She was his Angel that he raised spiritually on earth. We are all raising our own but he grew his Angel above all others. Jesus was sent to us by his father with full proxy of his father. Father son holy spirit that is the relationship we have with GOD the father.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

reply to post by truejew

The Bible, even God Himself, says that there is only one God, or force as you called Him.

In Genesis 1:26 we see God speaking to the angels. In verse 27 we see God alone, a singular "he" did the actual creating. This has been the Jewish teaching on Genesis 1:26 for thousands of years.

In Qur'an plural pronouns are used by Allah, but arabic has two kinds of plural, plural of numbers and plural of royalty. Like a king saying, "we are pleased!"
i don't know about Hebrew, if it was used in the same way as arabic. Maybe you'l know more about Hebrew language.
I do know that in Elohim the "im" can be just added as a title of respect.
media.isnet.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join