It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is faster than light communication possible? Yes

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
This would be entirely too easy to demonstrate. If I set up a web page with a checkbox on it, all you would have to do is check its value after I check it or uncheck it. Is that how it would work? What are the parameters?

But neoholographic's argument is that we can set up this experiment such that I would instantly KNOW that you've setup the web page, and the actual value of the checkbox is more or less irrelevent.

And I would know this, without looking at the web page.

Because his "faster than light" technique relies on an invention that doesnt exist - that can instantly detect that a quantum state has been set for a particle, without actually measuring that particle.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

But neoholographic's argument is that we can set up this experiment such that I would instantly KNOW that you've setup the web page, and the actual value of the checkbox is more or less irrelevent.

Yes, his scenario would be the equivalent of me "Alice" taking a measurement or checking the checkbox but you only see it as checked. Unless you have 3 in which case some are checked and some aren't depending on which one of his own arguments he's misunderstanding.

Now even if you receive an email as soon as I check or uncheck the box and all you can see is the state as one value, cecked, that value is meaningless since its always checked.

Now if you can truly detect by way of automated email, that the checkbox was checked or unchecked by me, you still don't have much other than a couple of emails. If I could send you a flurry of emails say 3 in a row at a certain interval and give that some meaning, that's all we need. His whole one value scheme is completely useless because in order for it to work, it actually has to be capable of 2 values which he keeps saying it is not but gives example after example of how it is.

I think that I get the Nobel peace prize for pointing this out of course once the inspector particle detector is invented. They will need programmers and I will be there day one.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
reply to post by alfa1

Yes, his scenario would be the equivalent of me "Alice" taking a measurement or checking the checkbox but you only see it as checked. Unless you have 3 in which case some are checked and some aren't depending on which one of his own arguments he's misunderstanding.

Now even if you receive an email as soon as I check or uncheck the box and all you can see is the state as one value, cecked, that value is meaningless since its always checked.

Now if you can truly detect by way of automated email, that the checkbox was checked or unchecked by me, you still don't have much other than a couple of emails. If I could send you a flurry of emails say 3 in a row at a certain interval and give that some meaning, that's all we need. His whole one value scheme is completely useless because in order for it to work, it actually has to be capable of 2 values which he keeps saying it is not but gives example after example of how it is.

I think that I get the Nobel peace prize for pointing this out of course once the inspector particle detector is invented. They will need programmers and I will be there day one.

Do you have a scotish accent? i think its a requirement and you have to learn phrases like captain im givin her all shes got shes about to blow. god they allowed that on television

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I wish I could do a good Scotty. This reminds me of the episodes where they destroy the evil computer by feeding it a series of illogical statements which ultimately leads to a smoldering alien computer. If I keep the conversation going, I might bring down the Internet.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join