It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lame Of Thrones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Seriously 6 episodes into this season and they are still bringing out new storylines and new charaters? Too many and not enough action like in previous seasons. Tonights episode was very dull and mundane imho.
I am allmost at the point on giving up on this show. I mean seriously, yawn!

So I ask you, does anyone else feel let down by season 3 so far?
edit on 5/6/13 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
And your point is?

Or is this just a rant?

Peace

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Point being is that I was wondering if others felt let down so far with season 3?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I'm still very much enjoying the show. The expanse of characters is in keeping with the source material and, while hard to keep track of ( especially in a TV format ) should prove ultimately rewarding.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Yes !!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

I am loving it. One of the very few things still worth watching! It seems to be building up to something so you will get more action as the season moves ahead.

P

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

while hard to keep track of

Ive been watching since the show began, and I cant even remember over half of the characters names, where they are, ect.....

Much harder to follow than the Walking Dead.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

The source material for GoT is much deeper than the source material for TwD, If they remain true to the source material there will be far more characters to come - but many will also fall by the wayside as things progress.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

The battle at the Fist of the First Men vs The Nights Watch and the White Walkers and undead was an epic one...in the book. It should have happened during the season premier but it was severely glossed over on the show, expecially when they left it as a cliffhanger at the end of season 2. That was lame thus "Lame Of Thrones".

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Ive never read Game of Thrones, but it always seems that if a tv show (or movie) follows the original book, the tv show/movie will be much much better than a knock off version. Even though Im unable to keep track of the characters, the show still has me watching it every Sunday.

I also wish movies based off of a video game would also follow the original story. (Resident Evil and Silent Hill)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Agreed Heff...one of the few shows to keep true to the books.

I think it's fine. Only those people use to watching reality TV and have Kool-Aid mushy brains need a linear storyline that they can follow while chowing down on their MSG processed foods and TV dinners.

Not that I'm referring to the OP in any way.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

OK, I get what you're saying now.

Yes, some things could have done better, of course, but overall I'm still happy with what they've done/are doing.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Please note:
(possibly very very minor spoiler alert)

hehe, seriously, if that bothers you i'd give up now, he's still at that game in the 2 most recently published books... which would be at least 4 tv seasons on from where you are now

i'd still keep watching though, i thought books 3 & 4 were possibly the best of the lot.... 4 is a REAL doozy

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I haven't yet watched the Game of Thrones series, but I've read the books (which are incredible).

If they are trying to remain true to the books, then there's a lot happening. These books are epic in magnitude and scope.

Sometimes that type of material doesn't translate well to the big (or little) screen. Like the Harry Potter series...great books, poor movies.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The problem is that they're cutting quite a bit of secondary story line. Innuendo and hints are not always obvious in the tv series unless you've read the books, so one has to pay attention to what's going on to catch them.

It is my opinion that they have been doing a pretty good job. Cliff notes might help some keep track, just try to hang in there. I've ordered the 5th book from the UK because they keep pushing the Canadian publication date back... October NOW THAT is lame!

Remember the name of the series... some of the characters that come and go are no more than pawns, but their role plays a part in the larger game.

...and DRAGONS! ~What's not to love?~

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Just wait.

The next episode, we're going to see what happens with Daenerys over there, and of course, the wedding of Tyrion and Sansa. Also should be a cool scene with Brienne.

My guess is that the episode airing on June 2, is going to be the best and most surprising episode of the entire series to date...if it is what I think it is.

Hang in there, last episode was a setup for some VERY important and exciting things to happen the rest of this season.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
After really enjoying the first season, I felt like the second season was absolutely dreadful. I'm not a quitter, so I'm hanging in there, but I just got around to watching the second episode of season three last night. Certainly not must see for me, but so far better than season two. My friends who have read the books assure me I will be rewarded for my patience!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Assuming the do The Red Wedding correctly then the payoff should be amazing for anyone watching the show.

It's the sequence I have been waiting for more than anything else.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

I don't find this TV show lame or boring at all. In my opinion it's the best TV show so far, has a great story, very good cast, and has great visual effects. I am so bored off the mindless TV shows that last for seasons and seasons. Many great shows have been cancelled and other bad ones are still running. I find it really weird what kind of taste people when it comes to TV shows. I would rather watch less then 5 seasons of a well done show then more then 5 seasons of a dull and childish one. And I wouldn't mind at all if Game of Thrones would run for 10 seasons, that's how much I enjoy it.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Personally I think I'm making a mistake by watching this season episode by episode, one week at a time.

When I watched 1 and 2, I did it last year in one hit over the course of a few days, so any "slow" storylines still had continuation.

For a series like this where a storyline may not appear at all in any given episode, maybe thats the better way. Stop watching now and save it all up for a rainy weekend a few months from now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join