It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbits kept alive by oxygen injections, Liposomal Oxygen. 15 minutes without breathing!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Rabbits kept alive by oxygen injections

Rabbits with blocked windpipes have been kept alive for up to 15 minutes without a single breath, after researchers injected oxygen-filled microparticles into the animals' blood.

The microcapsules are easy and cheap to make, says Kheir. They effectively self-assemble when the lipid components are exposed to intense sound waves in an oxygen environment — a process known as sonication.

Reminds of the Lipo-Vit C thread I made that's had such a HUGE impact on a bunch of AST'ers health and still going strong 100 pages in.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Nice!

Now let's experiment on humans...

No difference right?

Peace

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I guess it is all about the advancement of science but I feel real bad for the bunnies.

I wish we didn't have to hurt animals in order to find new medicines and methods.

I

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Almost like liquid breathing without the liquid. I wonder if it's a better way to oxygenate the blood than the current method. If so, it would have great usage in the medical field during open heart surgery.
edit on 5/3/2013 by pstrron because: spelling

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Oh yes this would be useful for future space missions. Now are we ready to walk on Mars or what!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Awesome....so it benefits humans how?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Very interesting information & I see this as a possibility to help in the
Veterinary Medicine field in the future.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

I can think of several possibilities

First is diving without gear.

But medically it can be great of course. Lack of respiratory due tue allergic reactions would give a 15 minute window to solve the problem. Surgery on lungs would be more easy. In fires when people suffocate due to smoke inhalation you could give a victim instant oxygen.

I could go on but I think you get it.

EDIT to say chemtrial believers can hold their breath up to 15 minutes while under a suspicious contrail.

edit on 3-5-2013 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
So you have to take a pill every fifteen minutes or so? I guess that would be useful for space, for very short walks on mars. Of course when you are encumbered by gear I don't know how you'd be able to take pills. Perhaps you wouldn't need any headgear if you just continuously take pills when you feel the need.

The body's reflexes are to breathe so I don't know how they'd get past this. If you are on Mars and you take a breath of whatever is up there, I wonder if it would hurt anything. I mean, if you have the pills you will have oxygen. But if your reflex is to take a breath, then what happens?

Also, I'd like to see more ocean exploration. Do we not explore the deep ocean because of the pressure or is it because we don't have enough air? Do we just think there is nothing of interest to be seen? Yeah the bottom of the ocean is probably mostly darkness with bare sand stretching out for miles. There probably isn't much to be seen, but then we are led to believe there isn't anything to be seen on the moon either.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
Awesome....so it benefits humans how?

Scenario 1 - Child drowns in swimming pool, her lifeless body is dragged out by the lifeguard and he begins CPR. 4 mins later the child still isn't breathing and risks brain damage at least if respiratory function doesn't resume. 6 mins pass, paramedics arrive and rush the child to hospital where she dies en-route.

Scenario 2 - Child drowns in swimming pool, her lifeless body is dragged out by the lifeguard and after seeing that she isn't breathing, administers the oxygen injection. The lifeguard now has 15 minutes to help the child to breath again. After 6 minutes the child still isn't breathing, the paramedics arrive and rush her to hospital. They finally get her breathing again in the ambulance after 10 minutes of not breathing at all. Child survives.

One of many uses.
edit on 3-5-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join