It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Key to Eternal Youth Found!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Actually, I prefer the key to eternal physical life unlike the OP's title of key to eternal youth. No, not eternal, but maybe for 2500 earth years. You've got to mature to really understand and experience life. Being youthful forever won't allow a person to accomplish this. Being youthful may give someone an eternity of doing stupid things. Come to think of it, isn't that what Hollywood sometimes espouses?

Interesting. Maybe at the very least, I can get a new pancreas out of it.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Who the hell wants to live forever? Life is hard as hell. I'll take my turn, a fair turn, and then be happy to take a break for awhile when I am done here.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Aging won't cause longevity. Well, it will to an extent, but people will still be lucky to reach 100. Cancer, heart attacks, etc etc etc is still in play.

Still, if we could look/feel 20 until then, it would be fantastic. And the governments of the world would also like that. Why? No more retirement age, no more social security, no more outrageous medical care due to simple aging issues, from birth till death, a taxable productive individual.

Corporations..also would like that (except for medical and the like whom bank off seniors).

I do hope to see this enacted soon. aging is a horrible disease that we have grown accustom to and serves almost nobody in society at all.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This is a terrible, terrible thing. If people don't die, the planet will.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

The article states the following

Signal pathway in the hypothalamus controls ageing throughout the body
Signalling can be altered to slow ageing process and increase longevity
Hormone made in the hypothalamus also slows ageing so injecting it into mice increases their lifespan

So why don't they name this hormone? What is it and how can you produce it naturally ?

I do not believe this to be true

Because.. they can measure the lifespan of an individual cell and have determined it could live/replicate itself at least 120 years. They would have to take this same hormone and test cells to see if they last longer than 120 years - obviously this experiment cannot be done. This is just someone coming up with a new theory to get grant money IMO.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
The only time the planet will die is when the sun kills it!

When we're through killing ourselves off, Mother Nature will live on and on... even after the next civilization comes and goes.

Rinse and repeat!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Didn't say won't die, just stay younger for longer, and a slight extending..but ya, cancer, heart disease, etc etc etc will still get ya.

And generally agreed for now. Until we get off the planet and out into space, super longevity isn't desirable simply for resource issues. I however would rather work on the expanding out solution verses the high mortality rate.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
not too sure why you would want to live long on this corrupt planet anyway :/

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

The article states the following

Signal pathway in the hypothalamus controls ageing throughout the body
Signalling can be altered to slow ageing process and increase longevity
Hormone made in the hypothalamus also slows ageing so injecting it into mice increases their lifespan

So why don't they name this hormone? What is it and how can you produce it naturally ?

I do not believe this to be true

Because.. they can measure the lifespan of an individual cell and have determined it could live/replicate itself at least 120 years. They would have to take this same hormone and test cells to see if they last longer than 120 years - obviously this experiment cannot be done. This is just someone coming up with a new theory to get grant money IMO.

Sounds like Genesis 6 ...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

As for the argument of it will be the rich or the elite only argument.... if this article can find it's way onto the internet then so can the actual research. Internet is our freedom.

Indeed as soon as this info hits the internet, humanity is doomed. With our current reproduction rates(not even including muslims with their 12 children), humanity would double each 20 years without die-off, and we are already overcrowded, with lots of "unneeded" people without work, even today without this research. No, this would NOT be a good thing for humanity to leak onto the internet, not today, with this society based on infinite growth, where a high GDP is something good.

We first need a different society with different values, where reproduction is far more scarce to be able to disclose a discovery such as this. Anyone with some intellect can calculate this much.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I wish my brain would tell my face about this!

Thanks for sharing, very interesting

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

DIE Y'ALL! - sorry, I meant HI...

Deadly serious now: In the Church of pSi we make Heaven REAL - a temporary SELF STORAGE MECHANISM that can easily be transferred into any suitable BODY! We have added a virtual reality which YOUR SELF DESIGNS and another world that is ALL STORED SELVES TOGETHER (if you wish, OBLIVIOUS STASIS is also an option).... CRIMINALS will do SLAVE LABOUR TIME on a PRISON (labour) PLANET - Murderers may well be extinguished via NATURAL DEATH, NO REINCARNATION, GONE FOREVER (or a WHOLE LIFETIME on a PRISON PLANET, 1 CHANCE for SALVATION)... LIVE FOREVER!

The Church of pSi DOES NOT EXIST!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Extending age and eternal youth are not the same thing for Pete's sake. What are you on?

Imagine being 120? great to see your great great grand kids but is that eternal 'Youth'??? can you do cart wheels down the hallway or do you still pee your pants while confined to a wheel chair?

People life longer now than in 1820...does that mean we found eternal youth? No! It means we live longer.

Honestly dude, get a grip with your head lines !!!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Only the very wealthy elite will be allowed to extend their lifespan in their gated and guarded communities.

The rest of us will only suffer in the coming dystopian future,
with the world rapidly slipping into being polluted, constant wars, starvation, etc.

Very true, and i would not be surprised if it as already happened.

After all, several years ago a bunch of scientists located the gene that is responsible for the ageing process and were saying it will be only a matter of time before they found a way of turning this off.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
Extending age and eternal youth are not the same thing for Pete's sake. What are you on?

Imagine being 120? great to see your great great grand kids but is that eternal 'Youth'??? can you do cart wheels down the hallway or do you still pee your pants while confined to a wheel chair?

People life longer now than in 1820...does that mean we found eternal youth? No! It means we live longer.

Honestly dude, get a grip with your head lines !!!

How so max???

Scientist and Doctors have agreed we have the potential to live well into triple digits.

Imagine if this became the norm, living into your 300's or 400's, people would not have children until they considered themselves more mature, possibly 200yrs old or so say.

Also imagine the discoveries in science, arts, medicine and Technology to name a few fields that we would advance in.

Max do a little research on this and you will find its not so fantastic as you might think.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

Muzzle,
that is a big bunch of hogwash. Things don't just wear out... Sorry. I think that you mixed up cars and people. The Sun, People, and animals are body electric. You have no limit, just that in your mind... As far as those joints smarting, David Wolfe and others show that it is calcification by nano critters... Read the calcium bomb.. and eat less cheetos and diet coke...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

This is why meditation slows the aging process. I have a condition that increases the speed at which my hypothalamus operates. Meditation helps slow it down.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hello friends

Personally I would want live for ever
Well as long as this body will take me i guess
But it will have its down fall as it has its highlights also
But if its a nervous system that controls our aging then can't we learn to control it?
We only know so little about what a human body is capable
We have myths right? Myths had to come from somewhere?
We can meditate to speed up time - learn to leave our bodies an travel as spirits - telepathic connections etc
All those things have been spoken off with no proof BUT what if the people that have worked it out dont want us to have it? How do you stop someone achieving complete self control? You poison there minds with what surrounds us today

Funny thing I believe that last line myself

TC

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I really want to stick around longer because we are at a very interesting stage in our development with technology advancing at a rapid rate. I'm very curious to see where this leads.

But on the same hand I am a firm believer in the afterlife and can't wait to get there and experience all it has to offer.

They say the journey is more important than the destination, and if the afterlife is timeless then there is no rush to get there.

My only concern would be staying vitally healthy and not be affected by disease/disorder. You could develop psychological problems from all the experiences you've accumulated.over time.

I highly doubt this will ever happen though because tptb will not let it, at least not for the general public. There have been many breakthroughs over the last hundred years or so in many area's of life but they are always suppressed if they don't fit the agenda.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak
Ageing is just one way body tissues tend toward decreased function and death.

Other things (cartilage in joints, enamel on teeth) just wear down.

Atherosclerosis of arteries can lead to death, dysfunction of any body part.

Toxin accumulation/exposure over time will kill your kidneys and liver.

Cancers will develop from multiple potential causes.

Trauma happens.

Auto-immune destruction occurs.

Infectious processes take hold.

Telomere protection won't prevent any of the above. Nobody is gonna live to 130, much less 1000 yo.

Tell that to Jeanne Calment. Born in 1875 died in 1997. 122 years!!!!

That said i doubt ill live past 30

edit on 3-5-2013 by crazylexxi because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join