It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're given a choice between these three super-powers, which one do you choose?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
1). Invisibility.

2). Super speed.

3). X-ray vision.

Which one do you choose and why?

I'm leaning towards a certain power but I want to see what other ATS-ers say before I make my final decision.

Would you use your powers for "good" or "evil"? Expose government secrets, cheat at poker, rob a bank?

Now choose wisely.

Go!

edit on 1-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Can X-ray vision be used to read minds? That would be cool to peer in the thoughts of others.

I would say out of all three I would love to run very, very, very, very infinity fast! Like Sonic meets the speed of light type of fast.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Invisibility, no question for me. Not only am I the 'Fly in your ointment' kind of guy, far more than a direct fighter type but not being seen makes everything else possible. If you can pick and choose your moment of action, anywhere you choose, without any real chance of being seen? Well, surprise is 100% in almost every situation, which almost insures a positive outcome, regardless of the goal.

(Sticks invisible foot out to trip Mr. Super Speed ..and laughs from nowhere and everywhere)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
1. Invisible
I don't think the others are needed if you can be invisible.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Super speed without a doubt.
You wouldn't need X-ray vision because you could match the frequency of whatever and pass through it and you could move so fast that you seem invisible.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
super speed as in the flash? like I could cause my atoms to vibrate at different frequencies and pass through walls?

you know good ol' quantum tunneling.

I'd go super speed.

edit on 1-5-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Invisibility...precious

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Super speed. It would allow you to save lives. Take a car accident for instance. I could grab a survivor and transport them immediately to an emergency room.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Originally posted by Phoenix267

Can X-ray vision be used to read minds? That would be cool to peer in the thoughts of others.

I would say out of all three I would love to run very, very, very, very infinity fast! Like Sonic meets the speed of light type of fast.

Good question.

I'm sorry, no. You would not be able to "see" someone's thoughts as they are not tangible.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Ok BUT what about infrared...

Hmmm

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

These are the only choices? I don't think any of them are "super."

Invisibility I guess. I'm forever wanting to snoop on people out of pure curiosity. That probably doesn't give me super hero motivation though.
edit on 1-5-2013 by otherpotato because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by otherpotato

These are the only choices? I don't think any of the are "super."

Invisibility I guess. I'm forever wanting to snoop on people out of pure curiosity. That probably doesn't give me super hero motivation though.

I can see how super speed could be used for good.
The other 2? not so much.

I'd probably take invisibility. as long as I could choose when to turn it on and off.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Ok BUT what about infrared...

Hmmm

Well, you have to put down your infrared device sometime ..and maybe it's not there when you go to pick it back up, eh? Almost like a ghost took it or something.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by otherpotato

Not super?

Super speed, like say the flash? Or being able to see through anything?

Hrrrumphh!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
cant I choose mine? Those three are rather dull...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Invisibility so people would leave me the hell alone when I want to be left alone. . As far as doing something good with it, spy on people who are thought to be evil and prevent disasters. Could also scare the heck out of them if they are truly plotting to take out populations. Could sneak into all the places that are top secret to see what the big secrets are (not that I care too much about the latest one). Wouldn't use it to invade on privacy of personal things (gotta have some ethics if your going to be invisible).

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
To be practical I would need some more info on the invisibility aspect.

Could you walk in to the bank / CIA headquarters / whatever and walk out with the Gold Bars / Top Secret Documents / Whatever.

If you can't render objects invisible then its usefulness is very limited. In cold weather your teeth chattering would give your position away.

X-ray vision is likely unnecessary if you have either of the other two.

Speed is dependent on what you can do with it.

OP, we need more details before we choose. Does speed speed up your aging process. Can you turn invisibility off.

P

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Super speed. It could render you nearly invisible. Don't need to see through things if you can vibrate through them.

Edit: Oh yes, evil. Nothing but evil things.

edit on 1-5-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by otherpotato

Not super?

Super speed, like say the flash? Or being able to see through anything?

Hrrrumphh!

I'm a Taurus - we don't really value speed.

Seeing through things? I already know how to see into people's thoughts - what else do I need to see into? Their organs? Seeing into buildings? This might be valuable for some but not for me.

My votes: the ability to stop/extend time. If I could grab an extra hour or an extra day here or there - sign me up!

The ability to fly with just my body. I think we could all agree that this would be friggin awesome.

I'll take the time warp super power though. That's the one I'd like best.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
My first thought was invisibility, but then it occurred to me that I don't really want to see all of the ugly things people do and say when they think no one's looking. Super speed it is!

<<   2  3 >>

join