It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAID and Bolivia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
CNN article

Whenever I see a US organization and anywhere in South America, the hair on the back of my neck stands up and I think of things like what is said in the article. I'm not much of a CNN fan, and no doubt they'll demonize Bolivia for ousting USAID, but WTF? USAID is a CIA cover and has been for ages. Why did it take this long?

CIA crap in South America, and for that matter anywhere in the world just infuriates me. One of their very own, who more or less defected from the agency, said it really wasn't necessary to have a clandestine agency such as the CIA. For all the evil this agency has done, why can't we just do away with it and take our chances?

As for Bolivia, 'bout time.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lynxpilot

This goes much deeper than the CNN-lite article

Bolivian President Bans DEA from Bolivia, Citing Book 'La Guerra Falsa' (The Big White Lie) by Former DEA Agent Michael Levine
Stone Ridge, NY (PRWEB) March 6, 2011

When Bolivian president Evo Morales held up the book "La Guerra Falsa" (The Big White Lie) by Michael Levine for the photo that would rocket around the world, claiming that it was proof of DEA and CIA protecting the biggest drug traffickers in the world and using the drug war to manipulate, control and even overthrow governments, he was wrong about one thing: "The Big White Lie" does not blame DEA; it lays the blame exclusively on CIA.
narcosphere.narconews.com...
narcosphere.narconews.com...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Nice thread!

I suggest you consider the following two questions.

Does the Government control the CIA
Does the CIA control the Government.

To put it another way, The CIA is too big to fail, nor can it be controlled. It is too big to monitor and it has outside sources of income. It is also not an homogenous organization.

P

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Nice thread!

I suggest you consider the following two questions.

Does the Government control the CIA
Does the CIA control the Government.

To put it another way, The CIA is too big to fail, nor can it be controlled. It is too big to monitor and it has outside sources of income. It is also not an homogenous organization.

P

Couldn't agree more. I think once they got involved in drug trafficking and realized they didn't need all of those appropriated funds, they went out of control. Then again, I'm convinced they offed Kennedy, so I'm just a conspiracy nut and what do I know.
edit on 1-5-2013 by lynxpilot because: spooling

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Right, all these overseas government agencies and "charities" are created for one purpose - to spend the money of poor people in rich countries on the rich political class in poor countries.

join