It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Black Watch Fatalities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
JAK

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
After, at the request of the US, taking up position in 'Camp Dogwood' British Armed Forces Minister Adam Ingram has confirmed that three members of the Black Watch have been killed and eight were injured. Unconfirmed reports suggest that a suicide attack caused the fatalities.

The Armed Forces Minister told the House of Commons: "US forces helped to provide urgent medical support at the scene of the incident, something for which I know our forces were grateful."

news.bbc.co.uk
Three British troops have been killed in Iraq, the Armed Forces Minister Adam Ingram has confirmed.

The deaths, as well as a number of other casualties, happened in the area patrolled by the Black Watch, but no more details have yet been released.

The 850-strong force have been attacked repeatedly since arriving at Camp Dogwood on Friday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Many people thought that the request to transfer British troops was an attempt by George W Bush to draw the UK deeper into the situation in Iraq, thus showing that to the American voter that he still had dependable international support for American action in Iraq. The meeting of this request by Tony Blair was seen as another weak and controversial submission to American demands by many the UK.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i'm not happy with UK troops in baghdad at all, the killing of our troops was clearly going to happen, we need more countries to help out!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yep, It'll be just like WWII. Knglan will get pulled into Irag by the US just like we did for The UK then.watchout for Bush He must be studing Churchill.Americans were just as worried as you when their Tin Cans protected convoyes to the UK from U-Boats in 1940 and early 41 .

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
We were pulled into WW2 by The Japs Bombing us & The 3 days Later Hitler Declared War on Us. Thanks to Ambassador Kennedy (Pro Nazi) we stayed Neutral . They didnt drag us in. The AXIS did

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karl der Grosse
Yep, It'll be just like WWII. Knglan will get pulled into Irag by the US just like we did for The UK then.watchout for Bush He must be studing Churchill.Americans were just as worried as you when their Tin Cans protected convoyes to the UK from U-Boats in 1940 and early 41 .

Actualy it was the Jap bombing in Pearl Harbour i think

Also germany was gonna bomb the US Citys to the ground and the British (and some operatives) had to operate "Project America" to protect the U.S and its citys getting compleatly smacked down with V3 Rockets (I think V3 were the rockets)

So if it wasnt for the U.K/US/Russia and the British Commonweath (Allied countries that survived to near the end of the war) prob all our countries would of been defeated eventually

Dont forget back then Germany was a very tech advanced country in comparason to the rest

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Crash]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
damm, i was hopeing this wouldnt happen.
another day where the british flag will fly at half mast
stupid IRAQ!!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Bugger.... But to be expected i suppose..

Not blaming the Iraqis though, they are defending their country (not going to debate the rights and wrongs of it here), shame we are involved though. But the Black Watch (or Royal Highland Regiment as they are officially known) are a tough bunch and they will make the rebels suffer.

On a side note, the BBc are reporting the Rebels are using rockets with a range of 15 miles to attack Camp Dogwood (or whatever that place is called), where are they getting these weapons from I wonder? Can't be knocking them up in a workshop in Baghdad surely?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Okay ... What's Black Watch??
I'm getting the idea it's British and
it's military ... but would someone
like to give me some links or tell
me what it is? Thanx

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
here you go, a quick lowdown on the Black Watch...

Black Watch

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
That's funny, I wonder. Why is Tony Blair continuing to send troops to Iraq when his approval rating is an all-time low?

JAK

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Posted by: NWObringer
On: Thu November, 4 2004 @ 18:21 GMT
That's funny, I wonder. Why is Tony Blair continuing to send troops to Iraq when his approval rating is an all-time low?

By running at President Bush's beck and call Mr. Blair has found himself in an awkward position. Due to his position, his apparent ego, and the amount of British troop deaths he cannot now admit that he made an incorrect descision. So his only other option is to attempt to stand by his initial decision and try to bluff it out to the bitter end.

The phrase "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging." does spring to mind though. Especially when lives are being lost due to a war which was declared based upon reasoning that is now publicly accepted to be false.

JAK

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Defence Secretary Geoff Hoon has angrily rejected the suggestion of Scottish National Party leader Alex Salmond saying of the soldiers from the Black Watch that their bravery contrasted with the "chicanery" of the politicians who had sent them there.

Again though, there is more sadness heaped upon the death of a British soldier. Just as we have read before, it appears that another fatality had misgivings about the legitimacy of the UK's presence in Iraq.

BBC Link

Telegraph Link

Jack

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
shifttrio,crash check your history the US was attacking U-Boats in international waters prior to this. we were protecting shipping carring arms [a legal target for the germans] to england.
I am sorry for the losses to the Black Watch they have a great history.
But like FDR maybe Blair sees a greater reason or maybe his vission of the future is better than ours.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
we are not english.
you were gaurding the shipping before 1941? uhh no you supplied us with ships and only protected AMERICAN ships not british.

dh

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
SEEMS ATS DOESN'T WANT ANY DISCUSSION OF THIS WHATSOEVER
They trashed my first post to this topic within seconds and locked my second within seconds

What the hell are you afraid of?
I'm a RILED member

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
devilwasp, when arms are carried to a nation in a war it only matters that their carring war materials. if they were americans tough luck to them. and they protected ALL shipping in thier area of protection not just thier own. Also this area expanded as the Allies naval[not transport capacity DD's and corvettes] losses became greater.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
dh,

The mods may block or hammer this response too but I'm going to give it a crack anyway.

I dont know the content of your posts they have blocked on this thread, but given this area is more highly moderated on its content, and the content of some of your posts else where they have allowed to pass in the past had little to do with discussion and more to do with preaching a form of civil voilence they perhaps decided it wasnt the place for it.

You'll probably find there are people who share your full views, but even on this board I think you will find that even most members who hate Bush and are against the war beleive more in a campaign of civil disobedience and education than some of the views I have read you expousing.

I hope none take offense to my assumptions or comments.

Please remain on topic.

dh

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by craigandrew
dh,

The mods may block or hammer this response too but I'm going to give it a crack anyway.

I dont know the content of your posts they have blocked on this thread, but given this area is more highly moderated on its content, and the content of some of your posts else where they have allowed to pass in the past had little to do with discussion and more to do with preaching a form of civil voilence they perhaps decided it wasnt the place for i
I hope none take offense to my assumptions or comments.

Please remain on topic.

Cheers and thanks Craig
I wouldn't ever want to drag you down too
All I was trying to say was that a 19-year-old squaddie had a firm grasp of what this conflict was about and expressed it, as reported on Sky News
The soldiers of Black Watch - all drawn from underdog territory of Fife in Scotland should have been hyome by now
Instead they've been transported the nost unholy of territories, Camp Dogwood, in a desert of sand and mud - their mission to defend two sides of a desert point of the euphrates - there to live or die on a rubble-strewn encanpment left with a few tin huts by the former US inhabitants
Pulling the **** or what
The Dogs at Dogwood
Scum of the earth
Why dont they all desert?

You'll probably find there are people who share your full views, but even on this board I think you will find that even most members who hate Bush and are against the war beleive more in a campaign of civil disobedience and education than some of the views I have read you expousing.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by dh]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh
They trashed my first post to this topic within seconds and locked my second within seconds

I'm a RILED member

Instead of making a big deal out of it, why not read your U2Us?
You've been told more than once that the topics you posted are duplicates.

If we didn't want discussion, why is this thread here?

Really, calm down. You've been here long enough to know that duplicate topics get locked.

Now remain on topic in this thread.... the topic being *the death of the Black Watch members*

Sheesh.

dh

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

Originally posted by dh

I'm a RILED member

Instead of making a big deal out of it, why not read your U2Us?
You've been told more than once that the topics you posted are duplicates.

If we didn't want discussion, why is this thread here?

Really, calm down. You've been here long enough to know that duplicate topics get locked.

Now remain on topic in this thread.... the topic being *the death of the Black Watch members*

Sheesh.

Well I read my U2us and they dont make sense
My whole point was that the UK forces sent into the Triangle of Death know why they were sent there
Purely to serve the agenda
As you guys know so well

top topics

<<   2 >>

join