It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could they be here for the Gold?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
As captivating at the Annunaki legends are (especially when related by my man Georgio), wouldn't it make more sense to mine gold from asteroids? Maybe it's not about the gold then.

The more important element in the stories than the gold is the human element. If the legends are true, I imagine their original/natural/divine purpose was to make us as their avatars or successors to be the stewards of this planet. But all stories have good guys and bad guys so some of them became corrupt/greedy/lustful and tried to enslave us, and maybe still are trying to (think Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.) I'm not a Bible thumper but I really believe people must have witnessed something truly amazing to compel them to write it down and preserve it in legends and scriptures.

As I have no direct experience or insight into this I can only offer an opinion. I wouldn't be too shocked if it turned we were monkey/angeldemon hybrids engineered in a science lab in South Africa some 450,000 years ago. After all, we're not too far from having the scientific ability to do that ourselves.

For Your Consideration:

Also, we're the only species that doesn't seem to fit in around here. I could post the clip of Agent Smith's perspective on humanity but it's too depressing. I prefer to think of humanity as the caterpillar waiting to be reborn instead of a virus, but maybe we're just aliens on vacation.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Given the right amount of material, energy and technology...gold can/has been synthesized or converted from other metals. There literally is no reason to travel light years to mine small amounts of the stuff. If you have overcome the obstacle of traveling large distances across galaxies, then you have the fundamental understanding and knowledge to manufacture your own gold.

Also, there's no actual evidence aliens have ever visited earth. Questioning why they're here before knowing for sure if they even are, is not rational.
edit on 1-5-2013 by WilliamOckham because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Originally posted by Jchristopher5
reply to post by PhoenixOD

You are obviously a skeptic, but I see you make the same presumptions, which you have no understanding of, as do proponents of the UFO visitation school of thought.

You assume gold is plentiful throughout the galaxym and they would never travel that far to get it.

1. How do you know Gold is plentiful?
2. How do you know where they are coming from?
3. Do you under and anything about their propulsion mechanisms? If not, how can you assume how much it costs? If they are getting here via an established portal, maybe there is literally no cost.

Its obvious you didn't read or more than likely didn't understand my post. So try reading this a bit more carefully.

Mining gold isnt the only way to get the stuff as it can be made in a variety of ways. Some of these i have listed in the post above. If we know how to do this with our very limited technology an advanced alien race would have no problems making the stuff rather than flying many light years to mine from us.

I never said gold was plentiful (another sign you didnt read my post) but as you brought it up know this

According to John E. Ross and Lawrence H. Aller (1971) of the University of California, the solar abundance of gold can be expressed as

log [ N(Au) / N(H) ] + 12 = 0.7

Which means that there is one atom of gold for each 200 billion atoms of hydrogen, in the sun.

3. Do you under and anything about their propulsion mechanisms? If not, how can you assume how much it costs? If they are getting here via an established portal, maybe there is literally no cost.

Yes and if they click their heals together and appear here with their magic slippers it wouldn't take much energy either.

edit on 29-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Not to point out the obvious: The methods cited cause the gold to be unusable due to the fact that the gold is radioactive. Also, using a diamond planet only illustrates that diamonds may be common throughout the galaxy, not gold. Imagine, if for whatever reason they consume the gold. Then the methods you described for making gold are totally and utterly worthless.

Lastly, technology can develop in weird ways. Look at the Inca's. incredibly organized Empire, arguably one of the most centralized societies on the planet at the time they existed: They viewed the wheel as a child's toy. Look at the Chinese, they had gunpowder for centuries before the West and only made semi-accurate rockets(and grenade type weapons).

Look at our planet: North America, Europe and the Far East: Modernized nations. Latin America and parts of Asia, semi modernized; and Africa? Parts still live as if they are in the iron age. Granted Detroit isn't much better but I digress.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Im not sure where you go the idea of a diamond planet from. I don't remember mentioning that.

The fact is there are many ways to manufacture gold. We know a few and we have very limited technology. here's another.

Gold synthesis in an accelerator

Gold synthesis in a particle accelerator is possible in many ways. The Spallation Neutron Source has a liquid mercury target that will be transmuted into gold, platinum, and iridium, which are lower in atomic number

edit on 6-5-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
As already pointed out, the idea that an extraterrestrial civilization capable of interstellar travel would have to visit different star systems to collect universal chemical elements is scientifically illiterate.

The mass of the universe's gold is 1.31e44 kilograms, which is about 66 trillion times the mass of the sun, or equal to the mass of about 219 average galaxies.

131 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 metric tons.

source.

If they are coming here for a resource, it would be for unique cultural artifacts like art and music. Though who knows if that would have value or not. But gold? Not so much.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You are obviously a skeptic, but I see you make the same presumptions, which you have no understanding of, as do proponents of the UFO visitation school of thought.

You assume gold is plentiful throughout the galaxym and they would never travel that far to get it.

1. How do you know Gold is plentiful?

Probably, he reads.
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Harte

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockhndr
is it possible that our universal neighbors HAVE come back for more gold?

Battlefield Earth was not a documentary......

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Maybe. Who doesn't want gold???? ha ha

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I can't tell if you are being facetious or not because of the trend toward craziness I often see in these forums, If you are having a gag, you should know that I cracked the **** up!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Why would you mine it yourself from asteroids when you can seed a slave race to mine it, then re-visit the planet and take the gold?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rockhndr

I guess that if a people can travel lightyears or need to travel thousends of years to fetch gold they are not dependent on what is to mine on our planet. Not only is there gold to be found on other planets simular as Earth but also on astroids or I suspect that there are just like diamonds massive solid rocks of gold to be found in space.

Because we are at a forum where conspiracy rules i would like to contribute with a highly speculative theory that gold is being bought and collected by an elite group. This elite group of people have thrived on secret knowledge over the centuries. These elite, keepers of the knowledge we now know as the rulers of countries...royalty. They have the responsibillity to collect gold in return for their priveliges among the common people. This gold must be available when "they" return to Earth.

If you just think about the gold that had "disappeared" from the worldtrade centre after 911 and the suspected "emptyness" of fort knox and the sudden gold rush of today this alien-gold conspiracy can maby be true. Let us not hope so...who needs gold crazy aliens.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
You're all wrong. Aliens love bling that's it.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rockhndr

Totally no, the only source for that was Mr. Sitchin, a government disinformation agent.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EA006
You're all wrong. Aliens love bling that's it.

Almost... You had Alien and Love B. correct.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well. if there's something advanced enough to travel to this planet from another I'm guessing they probably have the tech to just make whatever they desire. If there's anything here, give how the world appears, the language, how we seem to be so into entertainment I'd guess they'd be here to puppet lives like the muppet show for amusement and games. Once you think that's whats happening to your own life and notice coincidences between peoples names and birthdates things seem kind of scripted on this planet so if that's actually happening i'm guessing we'd be like toys.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

As far as I know those isotopes of Gold are not stable, so far no one can produce gold in the way one imagine (just this shiny yellow light metal). And as mentioned radioactive, not sure if radioactivity can be made decay but there is currently no way to produce gold or all would be doing it... Not in the way one imagines such as getting the noble metal in the way one imagines,

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

do you have any links to back up what you are claiming?

Also there is this method

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-5-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
of course, not

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

2. How do you know where they are coming from?

If they're after gold, then they are obviously not from the 10th Planet

(unless of course the Cybermen are removing all our gold so we can't use it against them?!
)

edit on 13-5-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join