It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duality and the orgasm of Unity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Everything’s in motion: the universe is a magnificent cosmic dance. Everything is only the dance, but there are uncountable dances/dancers within the dance. We know by which beats the ”laws” of physics establish the rhythm to which the dance must commence, but we have no idea who its choreographer was/is. What about the constructor of the dance floor? Are the constructor and choreographer external to the dance or a intrinsic aspects of it? Or perhaps the dance floor was created to which the dance is intrinsic by a constructor/choreographer? It’s no use to ponder these questions because all there is is the dance, and we can’t truly speak of the Dance before the dance: the Dance that can be spoken is not the Eternal Dance; the name that can be named is not the eternal name. This is because a name is a series of letters that combine to form a meaning. All meanings are prone to change and a meaning will never mean the exact same thing for everyone. What does even the word meaning mean? For something to mean something the first something must relate to another something in a Dualistic relationship. It is only possible to feel hot because it’s possible to feel cold and so on.

We can make a little scale depicting the Dualistic relationship between hot and cold: 

cold hot

5 4 3 2 1- 0 - 1 2 3 4 5

In my scale, I’ve chosen to have 5 degrees of coldness respectively 5 degrees of hotness. But in reality there can never be any fixed relationship between hot and cold. It is of course impossible that the meaning of coldness and hotness will be the same for everyone, let alone the degree of the concepts. What will, however, ALWAYS be the same for everyone is the intersection (the zero) when neither hotness or coldness is experienced. In the zero, then, there is nothing but everything. The zero is Unity and I believe the zero is God.

God is where dancing Dualities meet to exchange kisses of information about how the dance will carry on. In the fleeting kiss there is no separation. In a sense, the dance is kissing itself before branching out into dancing Dualities again.

So what? Well, it seems like God (the zero) is everywhere. In fact, you just have to read in between the lines between these words. Where these words perhaps won’t convey the exact same pictures in your head as they do in mine, the space in between them in which the sentence’s past kisses its future will always be the same for everybody - just because it’s nothing (but everything).

Let’s ponder that the universe wasn’t created, but rather recreated by itself and that it will dance ”back” into a state of Unity (big crunch) and then branch out in Dualities again (big bang). Let us think of the dance floor (Spacetime) as the surface of a balloon that is inflating as the dance floor is expanding. It is not the dance floor itself that is expaning however, but rather the distance in between two given points on it. In one of its corners, a galaxy is dancing together and in our sun Hydrogen atoms are approaching each other to dance into each other in order to become a Helium atom. This pursuit of Unity releases a tremendous energy that is sustaining life on our planet.

We are not different from these Hydrogen atoms. All that we want is to experience Unity. Think about it. When we experience Unity, we feel good. This does not mean that A’s pursuit of Unity is beneficial to B if A feels Unity by punching B in the face. In the fleeting moment when A’s fist hits B’s face, it is not more true that A’s fist hits B’s face more than it is true that B’s face gets hit by A’s fist.

More instances of Unity:

2+2 = 4

Hanging out in a group of friends.
Transforming an idea to a painting.
Sex.

Sex: the drive to procreate. It sometimes drives us nuts. I believe that our sex-drive is the same ”drive” that makes the Hydrogen atoms fuse together in the sun, although our notion of sex adheres to a much deeper complexity (which is the result of the cosmic dance growing more and more complex as the dance floor is expanding). The universe’s intrinsic will is to recreate itself. Since the big bang, the complexity of its self-recreation has created us humans. We are the universe and the universe is us. Our bodies and senses were re-created from star dust. Everything is the truly same, but different aspects of it. This is because re-creation could not happen if Unity could not be attained in God (the zero) between Dualities. 

So back to sex. When we engage in sexual intercourse, we enter each other and become United. It is interesting that our bodies reward us for Uniting by rewarding us with orgasms. Orgasms release heaps of energy that can create a ”new” life. Think about the sun’s fusion again and the energy that is released when the atoms ”have sex”. This energy resides in the atomic nucleus and is freed as the two atoms fuse. As physics have ”proven”, energy cannot be created or destroyed, but just change forms. In the sun, the energy comes out as light and heat, but which is the primordial energy that is released by our bodies during orgasm? Freud called it Libido and it is also known as Kundalini (+ many, many others names). 

Practitioners of Kundalini yoga aim to tame this energy and raise it from the bottom of the spine (where the sex organs are located) up to the brain. Kundalini is claimed to travel through two channels that share a Dualistic relationship. These channels are connected to each of the brain’s two hemispheres. The right channel governs the brain’s right hemisphere and vice versa. When the practioner of Kundalini yoga has mastered his/her body, she/he can release the Kundalini in a middle channel that governs BOTH the hemispheres. When this happens, the person will attain what is known as Enlightenment. He/she will experience an indescribable sensation of bliss and Unity with all that is. I believe that this is the most complex ”orgasm” that can be experienced.

I feel there are a lot more that I could have written, but I want to try to keep it brief. I hope this makes any sense because I’m feeling extremely confused right now!

Anyway, what do you guys think?

Does Duality exists just so for the universe to experience orgasms of Unity?

Is experiencing Unity the ”meaning” of life?

I think it is. 

Much love!

/Funafuti

edit on 28-4-2013 by Funafuti because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Practitioners of Kundalini yoga aim to tame this energy and raise it from the bottom of the spine (where the sex organs are located) up to the brain. Kundalini is claimed to travel through two channels that share a Dualistic relationship. These channels are connected to each of the brain’s two hemispheres. The right channel governs the brain’s right hemisphere and vice versa. When the practioner of Kundalini yoga has mastered his/her body, she/he can release the Kundalini in a middle channel that governs BOTH the hemispheres. When this happens, the person will attain what is known as Enlightenment. He/she will experience an indescribable sensation of bliss and Unity with all that is. I believe that this is the most complex ”orgasm” that can be experienced.

Yes but even that is a metaphor. It's in the brain. It's not literally in the spine. But its a useful metaphor for visualization. In addition, Kundalini awakenings can happen spontaneously to people whether they consciously do Kundalini yoga or not, whether they have mastered their body or not.

And then, after the ecstatic rapture wears off, the energy gradually fades. Then the exhaustion phase sets in. 'The Dark Night of the Soul'. It happens to all mystics sooner or later. It hurts like hell. Kundalini can be painful not just blissful. But pain is a necessary part of the Kundalini transformation. In other words, evolution. Kundalini is the life force. It's known by many mystical names.

Holy Spirit, bestowing life unto life,
moving in All.
You are the root of all creatures,
washing away all impurity, scouring guilt, and anointing wounds.
Thus you are luminous and praiseworthy,
life, awakening, and re-awakening all that is.

~Hildegard Von Bingen

edit on 28-4-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Funafuti

Is experiencing Unity the ”meaning” of life?

No, in our particular case, it is the meaning of death.

The French seem to have been on to this early in the game.

La petite mort

And a couple of intriguing links...

Eroto-Comatose-Lucidity

Phil Hine attempts to explain The Death Posture of A.O.S.
edit on 28-4-2013 by Bybyots because: have fun

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Yup, it's true that it doesn't happen in the spine per se (even if it can feel like something jolting up your spine). It's true that the rapture can wear off. It's just the same as the exhaustion one can feel after sex, except on a much more profound level. I just wanted to point out that there are many different orgasms to experience, and that all share a moment of Unity

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

But in Unity there is as much death as life.
So during "the little death" we kill off a bit of ourselves just to re-create another experience of life.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Funafuti

But in Unity there is as much death as life.

You can't really say anything about 'Unity' from a place of duality.

Welcome to The Black Iron Prison.

You Swedes are always so cheerful; it always brightens my day.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Very true. Unity is unspeakable. We can have a concept about "it" through Dualistic discourse, but we cannot fathom it just because Unity is no-thing to fathom.

I wouldn't say that Swedes are very cheerful people generally, but then again I'm a Swede and I can't exit my Swedishness to look at it from the outside.

Interesting links btw

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
That's an interesting and creative post - not to mention a very catchy title! I agree with you that God is Unity, and also that unity is what all forms constantly move toward. We humans tend to feel that we are not already unified with God (or Self or Consciousness or whatever we call the Divine or Unconditional Reality), and so consciously or unconsciously, we seek to be unified, whether that is with God, or an other, or something we can know, feel, experience, buy, etc., etc.

Regardless, we are constantly seeking unity because we feel unsatisfied with any object or other in terms of fundamental happiness, including the sense of unity in sexual embrace and orgasm. Feeling unity with form is always changing, so never fully satisfies the heart.

And so the seeking for Unconditional Unity continues until it is fully recognized that we are now that very Unity - and never have been fundamentally separate from the Divine. Yes, form seeks unity, and I like your examples - but when we tire of our endless seeking for temporary pleasurable unity, this allows recognition of Reality, our non-separation from all arising, our unity with the Divine.

Regarding sexuality, yes I agree with your example that the search for unity drives us, but when one's whole body-mind is felt to be unified with the indivisible Unity of God, one is no longer looking for ultimate unity or happiness nor expecting one's partner to provide that somehow. Yes, the orgasm is pleasurable, but it certainly is limited, temporal, and does not satisfy the heart fully - as does direct unity with Reality or Happiness itself.

Even mystical experiences, kundalini, merging in the light above the head, etc., are not inherently fully heart-satisfying because all of these are still an experience that does not directly undo the egoic principle of non-unity or separation felt at and in the heart.

Only fully transcending the separative egoic principle as and with the whole body-mind utterly undoes our unhappiness and our constant seeking for happiness or Unity - but this is not truly discovered to be the case via any experience whatsoever.

The search for unity above and/or within the body-mind is still seeking for unity, not already abiding in Unity - until such seeking is understood and released in the obviousness of God, Unity, or Reality Itself as being already the case.
edit on 28-4-2013 by bb23108 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bb23108

Thanks!

I agree with everything you say. To experience a fleeting Unity among Dualities in flux will never satisfy us in the end. This unity is not the "true" realization of God/Source/Consciousness. That's why we should work on abandoning our egos because our true task in life is to become one with ourselves again. You seem to be on your way!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I don't know. Sounds like this route to orgasm is way too complicated. I remember that strangulation thing was in fashion after the gerbil technique fell out of favor, but this spinal whatever-it-is just doesn't sound like it'll ever catch on. Me, I always go with the staples. Old school, all the way.

new topics

top topics

join