It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Spy Operation Busted in Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Egyptian Authorities have announced that they have busted an Israeli Spy ring in the Sinai Peninsula. According to sources the spy ring included both Egyptian and foreign nationals living in the North of Sinai.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by grimghost

I suppose there is no great surprise, as they have been popped running operations in the U.S., and in using Canadian passports. If they can spy on genuine allies, certainly they're going to spy on allies of convenience.

S&F for the grab, though.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Is there a national security service of a major nation, anywhere in the world, who does not run operations outside it's own borders? That's kinda the point of having a security service, isn't it?

This is an interesting development though, seeing that the Sinai comes as much under United Nations observer status for jurisdiction as anything else. As far as the Sinai in particular? I'm thinking Israel ought to leave it to those already there by international agreements ...or they could if the MFO actually did anything beyond sit in garrison and talk a great game of stopping the fighting they watch happen from time to time. Still... Why aren't they saying anything? It is a motley crew made from all over in the MFO.

Thirteen nations (Australia, Canada, Colombia, the Czech Republic, the Republic of the Fiji Islands, France, Hungary, Italy, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, the United States and Uruguay) contribute contingents to make up the MFO's Force. It is the largest element of the MFO and is a joint organization with army, air and naval components. As of January 2013, the MFO's Force numbered 1660 personnel.
Source: MFO Contingents

(And yeah... I see it too for those who catch it quick. They really CAN be called the MFO's and be an accurate term by their own acronym. Truth is dumber than fiction at times, isn't it?)

new topics

join