It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Help Me Find a Thread" thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I'm sure it's happened to others: You read a good thread and then for some reason you forget to bookmark or make note of the title, or even if you did the title escapes your memory. Even with diligence the site has grown to such vast proportions that it's hard to find what you're looking for. I might not even be the first person to think of this idea. Actually it's almost certain that I am not. There's probably a thread buried somewhere with this exact same idea lurking about in the depths...
..so...

This thread will be a place for us to ask the ATS community for help finding those half remembered but lost threads we'd like to peruse again. I'll start us off.

About four years ago I read a thread about "shadow people(?)". This is not a recent thread, and almost every one I can find on shadow people is more recent. Now my concept of time is not exact, this thread may be anywhere from 2-4 years old on my reading it, it may have been started even longer ago then that. I just want to assure you that it is not a recent thread.

I remember the thread starting with the poster stating that he expected to end up in the skunks work forum. he said he didn't care if this happened because he believed it was worth telling. Something like" I don't care if this ends up in skunkworks or not" or similar in wording.

The poster went on to describe his witnessing of what we might call pan-dimensional creatures that followed people around. Some stood behind people, always there. I got the feeling he was describing a form of parasite, like a life-form that fed off the energy of others. These beings were of course invisible to the average person and everyone went about their day completely unaware. Apparently he could see them. He said he saw a lot of them.

So there is my request. I'm not sure if that's enough to work off of, but surely someone else read this thread. Perhaps they were intrigued by it and the title will be more readily available.

.........................so...help me find this thread...please

Seiko

p.s. Please do not use this thread to ask people to find a thread you authored. This is not about self promotion, it is to be a genuine community effort to help people find those half-remembered threads of interest.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Maybe you know some of this, or maybe not, but anyways......

You read a good thread and then for some reason you forget to bookmark or make note of the title, or even if you did the title escapes your memory.

There is a direct link for every post. You can only view the links for the previous 800 posts, but if necessary, you can just start deleting the links for the newer posts, allowing the space for the older posts.

There are a couple of ways to get to it.

• You can click the '[color=FFE359]Show Ribbon' on the bottom right side of this ATS page/screen, and then click '[color=FFE359]My Posts'.

OR

• You can click '[color=FFE359]Tools', which will take you to your own 'Account Page'.
    Then click '[color=FFE359]Profile', which takes you to your own 'Members Profile Page'.
    On that 'Profile Page', you can click '[color=FFE359]See All My Posts'.

Or you can go to your own 'Subscription Page'.
    By clicking '[color=FFE359]Tools', and then click '[color=FFE359]Subscriptions'.

There are a couple different ways that you can subscribe.

• There is a '[color=FFE359]Subscribe' that is located on the 'Reply/Preview Page'.
    By default, the box beside '[color=FFE359]Subscribe' should have a check mark in it.
    As long as that box is checked, you will automatically be subscribed to the thread that you're posting in.

• There is also a '[color=FFE359]Subscribe' located directly underneath the 'Flag Count' at the top(and another at the bottom) of any/every thread page.

I hadn't noticed until now, but apparently once you have subscribed, the 'Subscribe' option that is underneath the 'Flag Count', will no longer be visible. So if you can't see it, that just means that you're already subscribed to it.

'Profile Page'→ www.abovetopsecret.com...

'Subscriptions'→ www.abovetopsecret.com...

'Members Posts' → www.abovetopsecret.com...

'Account Settings' (Tools)→ www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hopefully, I didn't make that too confusing.
    edit on 4/23/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

•  

join