It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Narcissistic, broke, and 7 other ways to describe the Millennial generation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
the most disturbing thing is a total lack of common sense. Most seem completely helpless without a cellphone, to the point where even the most simple of common sense tasks seem confusing.

A total lack of personal responsibility is also something I see.

There is something else that is hard to really define. Many do not seem to understand they are not the center of the universe. Many seem oblivious to other people, other cars, other members of the society, as though there just isn't anyone else but them and their personal feelings. Samaritan would not be a word associated with them.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Some of you need to get off your high-horse. The Millennials as we're called are nothing to be proud of, but what generation has viewed the next group favorably? I'd be willing to bet that if you had enough time, you could find negative things that are said about the current crop of kids throughout history (I've even seen some from ancient Greece, so I know its out there). Parents rarely think they're kids measure up to them and what they had to accomplish anyways, so this current line of thinking is nothing new.

But really bugs me about articles like this is that the group that generally does the most judging of this generation is the very generation that raised us. Most of us are adults now (at least legally) and are old enough to know better, but if parents would have done a better job I don't think my generation would be viewed as negatively. We only did what we were told or allowed to do. We were raised the way you or the government wanted us raised, so don't cast too much blame if some of us have terrible manners and habits. Like I said, most Millenials are adults now so the time for excuses is quickly running out, but the previous generation has to accept a certain amount of responsibility for the way the kids have turned out.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by riddle6

Yes, I agree with you. The previous generation did raise us and a lot of what they taught us has rubbed off onto us. There times I have seen some sorry people. Even today talking to my friends father about him and the recent fight they had. The future generation does need to take responsibility. If they do not than like many before them they'll have terrible lives as adults.

<< 1   >>

join