It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mismatching backpacks from Boston explosions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Oceanborn

Well this does show a match at least the tab shown.

______beforeitsnews/alternative/2013/04/you-pick-the-bomber-per-the-backpack-2625006.html
edit on 21-4-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
In all honesty, how do we even know this backpack is the one that even contained the bomb? Put aside the debate of whether the 2 bags match or not.

The bomb shredded flesh and bone, it could easily shred the backpack of someone standing nearby. This backpack could have belonged to anyone near the explosion.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

This is the only time I'll take a part in such a thing. I've already said I don't wanna do it but I'll do it just once so we can end it (if anyone wants to talk about it in other threads then go for it,it's just that personally I don't want to take part).

Anyway...by looking at the strap I don't see a match. Also,the backpack that was found had some grey parts. From what I see none of them match.

This whole thing is royally messed up,that's all I have to say.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

The media published it as one of the specific backpacks. Did they make an announcement that it was a mistake?
Except the two pictures,are there others showing more torn backpacks?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

I think he went back to the homeless shelter.

Just a guess.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
In all honesty, how do we even know this backpack is the one that even contained the bomb? Put aside the debate of whether the 2 bags match or not.

The bomb shredded flesh and bone, it could easily shred the backpack of someone standing nearby. This backpack could have belonged to anyone near the explosion.

With all respects to mods, STFU, your being a jackass and your wrong....1st you were arguing that the op was "high" or delusional cuz he couldnt see the backpacks supposed similarities, then when other came and shut your ridicoulous argument down you resort to "oh how do you know this is the actual backpack, blah, blah ima jackass"
edit on 22-4-2013 by mochief because: typed to fast

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Just throwing this out there hoping for some intelligent feedback:

I've ran in and been a spectator for several marathons. I know when I've been a spectator I've always had a backpack or gym bag because since it is a long event it is always good to have water/gatorade and snacks to munch on while watching the race. Every time I've been a spectator at a marathon I've never kept my backpack on my back, usually keep it at my feet.

With that in mind, if I was a spectator and an explosion of some sort occurred within 25 yards of me, my first thought would be to get to safety ASAP and I could easily see myself forgetting my backpack. One out of the "danger zone" I'd probably keep walking at a more casual pace and realize that I forgot my backpack and there was no chance that I'd be able to get back near the scene of the incident and retrieve it.

If I were a college student I'd continue my normal routine--- live in the dorm, go to classes, go to parties, etc. I'd likely share my experience at the race with friends. Therein is the question: While his friends and classmates have shared some very nice things about him, none of them has mentioned if White Hat Guy shared with them his experience at the marathon.

It is not beyond possibility that White Hat Guy, the stoner who transferred schools because UMass Dartmouth has better parties, could have been completely ignorant to many things.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oceanborn. Did they make an announcement that it was a mistake?

Yeah, that would never happen...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
What happened with this guy? His backpack matches

I keep looking through Boston posts, threads and blogs but it's constantly about Blackwater, punisher emblems, the Chechens or the first mistaken fellows (the student and companion).

I'm interested, who is this guy? And has honestly no information come out about him?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The truth will rip america apart, thats why it will stay hidden.

90% Of americans refuse to accept what glaring them straight in the face, just like 9/11, most Americans can't handle the truth, and will blindly walk off a cliff, if told to, and that's abundantly clear when the whole of boston was cheering martial law.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Am I wrong in thinking the backpack should have taken more damage? At least some extra melting or singing.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Go burn white fabric and let us know how light colored it remains. The strap is exactly half the strap pictured. Please, take a white backpack and set it on fire. Amazing....the charred fabric turns darker.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mochief

Dumbasses like yourself is why this site has gone to hell. I didn't realize you were the first federal agent on scene and actually processed every piece of evidence.
edit on 22-4-2013 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Thats just immature

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

Probably is, I will agree. But this whole Boston thing has gotten out of hand. I look at each theory with an open mind. I just don't see this one. And for a new member to come in and tell me to "stfu" because I asked a question isn't going to fly.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You must be mad cause you're typing weird. I always do that

Try not to stoop to their level
you are better than that.
edit on 22-4-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

No, at work replying from my phone. Typing too fast is the issue.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_

Originally posted by Oceanborn. Did they make an announcement that it was a mistake?

Yeah, that would never happen...

Don't be so positive about it. When the younger brother was hiding in the boat I watched a bit of BBC and then CNN (didn't see when the whole thing ended). On BBC there was a female reporter in the studio and a guy on the street. When the police threw flashbangs,the guy reported them as gunshots and then the woman asked him if they could possibly be stun grenades and he agreed and explained that the sound matches. He pretty much retracted his report about gunshots.
On CNN,there was a grey-haired reporter and 2-3 "guests",all of them on the street. The reporter was always like "Let's not say this,we're not sure about that.".
Other than that,let's not forget that at the time of the explosions the backpacks weren't such an important thing since there were already:

1) Two explosions
2) Several wounded. I'm not even adding the dead people and an eight year old child among them because they couldn't know these things right away.
3) Heroes with central figure a hat-wearing hero who jumped in trying to help as best as he could.
4) Gore and blood.

With all those things already "available" not even the most greedy of reporters would care about the backpacks. If you were a greedy reporter,looking to get a good story,would you care about the blood and gore or about the backpacks? Why would they be hasty about them with the possible result of making a mistake? They had already so many things,much more important and "eye-catching".

For the record,I'm not calling those reporters greedy. I'm bringing an example to point out that the pictures of the backpacks aren't even worthy to wipe your butt with in comparison with what was happening there at the time.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Go burn white fabric and let us know how light colored it remains. The strap is exactly half the strap pictured. Please, take a white backpack and set it on fire. Amazing....the charred fabric turns darker.

You're right but the bombs weren't made to burn things,they were made to explode and release nails and stuff like that. In the first explosion it seems that there was initially some fire from the explosion (because the smoke had an orange color for a moment) but then it was just smoke.
Also,like "All Seeing Eye" said,we don't know for sure which backpack was used were.

Also,like I've said before,I'm simply pointing out what was given by the media. I didn't choose the pictures myself.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

I have no clue,I've definitely missed several testimonies. For all we know he did mention what happened but his friends weren't asked about it or they were asked about it and the media didn't mention those comments.
In situations about who-said-what lots of things can happen.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join