It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Shoots Down Balloon With U.S. Spy Gear On It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

April 18, 2013 - Press TV reports on the latest news headlines from around the world.

Follow our Facebook on: www.facebook.com...
Follow our Twitter on: twitter.com...
Follow our Tumblr on: presstvchannel.tumblr.com...

FAIR USE NOTICE: This video may contain copyrighted material. Such material is made available for educational purposes only. This constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 106A-117 of the U.S. Copyright Law.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
looks like made by a 2 year old.. doesn't the us gov have drones and stuff and like super nano bugs to spy with.. I could make a better spy balloon with a $100 walmart gift card and 5-6hr.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Yeah... Last year it was sentinel drones being stolen in mid-air by Iran. Now we're back to WW-I balloons. Those budget cuts are murder eh? Oh, I think I hear a battle group in the distance... (...row! ....row! ....row!) Yes.. here it comes now.

This is getting embarrassing. Even by CIA standards of low budget.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Disinfo prop, sending some lo-tech crap meant to be taken down as some bit of distraction from the fact that you dont need spies for US has already installed their own military coup in place of Syria's former gov.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by grimghost

A balloon?

Man, we're more broke than I thought.

Whats next, they intercept a shipment of muskets? What the...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
A balloon is still a viable piece of spy tech. Cheap and easy to deploy. Can loiter around areas and is small and hard to spot.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Granted,a balloon is a cheap and easy way to gather intel.The little clip didn't show any proof it was american.And as one of the largest weapons dealers,I'm sure it was,but old technology we've sold to everyone.

top topics

join