It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kimjongilia - A Must See Documentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
With all the upheaval and news surrounding North Korea lately I sought to educate myself a little further on the country, the leaders (past/present), their culture, daily life etc.

I am guilty of being one of "Those" Americans that sometimes does selfishly forget that there are other countries. Yes, I know how that sounds and yes I feel bad about it. It isn't because I do not care what goes on in the world, but sometimes I get caught up in everyday life like so many of us do and I just forget to think about some places that don't show up on my daily news streams. An ugly truth but an honest one that I am trying to rectify.

I thought surely I can't be the only one and when I ran across this particular documentary I thought I would share. No doubt many here have seen it, but I figured a few of you hadn't and it is truly worth the watch in my opinion.

I knew things weren't all unicorns and zebra skittles over there and that the people struggled with daily life, but I was not aware as to what extent they struggled or to what extent the brutality stretched.

For those of you with Netflix it is available for instant viewing. For those of you without.... I am sure it isn't to hard to find the full version online to watch.

The name of the Documentary is Kimjongilia.

Here is a view of some of the scenes and a short Q & A on youtube.

An IMDB link....

www.imdb.com...

I have learned a lot from other sources as well, but this documentary just had my mouth agape. I am ashamed I knew as little as I did at the start of my "self education" really and I hope at least one or two will find this as interesting/enlightening as I did.

MODS - I do realize this may be in the wrong forum but I wasn't sure where to put it. Feel free to move it if there is a better place for it.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
VICE's North Korea documentary with Shane Smith is also brilliant. Check it out OP

Ty for the link btw! S&F!
./popcorn! :p

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Ill have to save this for my Wife, shes been on a NK documentary binge, she finds the topic fascinating... Been drowning in NK docs here for the past few weeks...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kathael

I haven't seen that one yet! Thanks!
I am a documentary hound anyway. New stuff to watch is always appreciated.

reply to post by benrl

I hope she will like it. I have been watching a lot of them too so I know how she feels.
My husband probably knows how you feel too.

top topics

join