It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3rd IAA Planetary Defense Conference, protecting our planet from impacts by asteroids and comets!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
3rd IAA Planetary Defense Conference

Protecting our planet from impacts by asteroids and comets

www.iaaconferences.org...

The International Academy of Astronautics will hold its third conference “Gathering for Impact!” from 15-19 April, 2013 in Flagstaff, Arizona, USA.

Planetary Defense
Recent Progress & Plans
NEO Discovery
NEO Characterization
Mitigation Techniques & Missions
Impact Effects that Inform Warning, Mitigation & Costs
Consequence Management & Education

The conference will include an exercise where participants will simulate the decision-making process for developing deflection and civil defense responses to a hypothetical asteroid threat.

edit on 19-4-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Here is live stream ..

livestream.com...

Also all is recorded so you can listen and watch ..

Today is last day of conference but have many reordered hours of very interesting material ..

Planetary Defense Conference 2013 Video Library

www.livestream.com...

Here is just some of interesting sessions ..

Session 5: Impact Effects that Inform Warning ..

www.livestream.com...

Session 5: Impact Effects that Inform Warning, second video ...

www.livestream.com...
edit on 19-4-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You needed to include some of that interesting info as "bait" to get people interested. "Impact effects that inform warning" or whatever, doesn't really mean much to me...cause I don't really know what it means. But anyway, yeah, it looks boring the way you presented it.

Did a scientist say something interesting? Did they say they expect a catastrophic impact in less than 59 years if something is not done? Did they devise any new, cool ways to deal with potential impactors? Any mention of UFOs, aliens, or ancient civilizations? Any new evidence for ANYTHING presented? I mean, cmon man, you gotta throw me a bone here... something to get me salivating. I don't have time to spend an hour or more just for a "maybe". I need to know there's definitely something in there that I want to hear about...

join