It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf arrested from his farmhouse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf arrested from his farmhouse

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

SLAMABAD: Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf has been arrested by the police in Islamabad.

On Thursday morning, the Islamabad High Court had cancelled his bail in a case related to the dismissal of judges when he was Pakistan's president.
"Look who is running, Musharraf is running," lawyers at Islamabad high court chanted as former dictator Pervez Musharraf fled after the court revoked his bail and ordered arrest in a treason case.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I did a search and surprisingly found nothing on this, but earlier this morning, former President and dictator of Pakistan was hauled into court on treason charges yet ran out of the court house in dramatic fashion and was whisked away in a black truck.

If I'm not mistaken, he was arrested once again at his farmhouse just recently. Kind of confusing reports, but there is plenty about the skirmish earlier today when he his bail was revoked I believe and he subsequently escaped without much resistance.

General Musharraf took control of Pakistan in 1999 and ruled it until 2008. He has been a great ally to the US during the War on Terror through the eyes of the political elites but as far as I am concerned is just another shady politician and military man. He has a long and detailed history for those who would care to discuss it in this thread.

He was arrested because of his decision to fire and imprison the country’s top judges when he imposed emergency rule in November 2007. The NYT article above has much more information and it's quite an interesting story for any who care to research such things.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-4-2013 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2013 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

General Musharraf took control of Pakistan in 1999 and ruled it until 2008. He has been a great ally to the US during the War on Terror through the eyes of the political elites but as far as I am concerned is just another shady politician and military man.

Yah, our boy has returned. They know that now and he is unwelcome.

Edit to add: Fresh off the press...

Less than five years after wielding absolute power, the retired four-star general has become the latest example of the Pakistani judiciary’s increasing willingness to pursue previously untouchable levels of society — even to the top ranks of the powerful military.

www.nytimes.com...

Gee if only we could do that here. Elections are approaching there. Looks like the US seeks to influence that at the last moment?
edit on 18-4-2013 by intrptr because: link

new topics

join